+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue class without a ton of buttons?

Soulwalker

Default Rogue class without a ton of buttons?

Been watching some youtube videos to see how classes are playing out at higher levels and Im worried about my rogue. I played a mutilate rogue in WoW for 3 years and really enjoyed it so figured I would try out a rogue in Rift. But after seeing videos of higher level rogues where people had 4 hotbars full of abilities im starting to get worried. I dont want a faceroll 1 button class but at the same time I dont want to feel like im having to work. I play games for fun and relaxation and having to remember what keys go to my 37 different abilities is not fun to me. Is there any type of rogue where i can get by with 4-5 abilities? Or if not rogue what would I be better off playing?

Soulwalker

I have a lvl 19 Ranger right now, id say im more of a hunter but i dont use too many skills, i think this game is going to have alot of skills no matter what class because you have 3 sub classes and those all have there own skills. but it looks like alot but you get used to your own bars .

I've been playing and only using half of two bars, first one with my highest damage ranged and melee attacks, second with my buffs (poisons and call razorbeast). Haven't had much trouble fighting. I'm in the same position as you, if I'm fighting and something isn't on my current action bar and in the first 5 slots, it's very unlikely I'm going to go and try and find it.

Hi Emily,

I see where your coming from and I thought the same thing as soon as I had 3 soulds (classes) to choose from.. it was like having 3 wow classes at the same time and trying to decide what button to press, its not going to work.

The thing about rift though is that you have to make a choice in what skill to use, there will be lots of skills that overlap in different souls and you just have to purge those ones and use the ones that look better. You can usually tell from the tooltip (looking at damage and/or effect) and make a decision from there.

Hope this helps.

Rift Disciple

I personally went with Nightblade / Assassin / Bard (it gives decent buffs for the group) and i focused on the talents that give passive bonuses to my damage, crit chance, hit chance and so on, i am not a fan of all these skills either, especially skills on cooldowns that are too long for what the ability does.

+ Reply to Thread