+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/Marks/Rift

Default Ranger/Marks/Rift

Heres what im thinking for my final build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xkskVz.Vhx0V0V

Basically using the pets and attacks out of the ranger tree...with the buffs out of the marks tree. and the 15% AP increase and the shadow shift thing from the Rift tree cant really be beat for 5 TP in a single tree imo.

I know that a lot of people believe that this particular build should be using the attacks out of the marks tree. But i found that I actually get a considerable amount more AP and Crit chance this way, not to mention your pet does way more damage this way. The Marks tree does have a little bit better attacks, but the Rangers attacks are very close in damage, so I figure the increase in AP and Crit that this build has over the other should push the attacks from this build over a Marks build, and the extra damage from the pet will definitely make this build do more damage.

I do believe however that no matter what the Marks build will do more damage on a shorter fight, just due to the fact that the Rangers abilities are based on bleeds, where as the marksman gets all his damage up front. Being the strong PvE player that I am, i feel its more important to have the long term sustained higher damage then the short bursty lower damage.

Anyways, any suggestions on how to push more power out of this build would be much appreciated.
    Amateurs practice till they get it right, professionals practice till they cant get it wrong.

I tested the ranger pets and it seems the perfet pet for PvE is the pig, so first of all i wouldnt waste points in getting the raptor or improving the wolf. The wolf seems to be a PvP pet and both of them(raptor/wolf) dont hold agro on the mobs. Second of all I am not sure if riftstalker is the best choice for you, blink is useless in pve and the increase attack in this case just seems to not be enough. Maybe try assasin? Currently using something like this in the beta: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.x0t0V0AhzR.V As for mobs I can kill them in 2 skills, strafe and deadeye. Anyway strafe seems to be an awesome skill you should try it out one day. The build I am using is viable for both pvp and pve.

Quote Originally Posted by jackiechan View Post
    I tested the ranger pets and it seems the perfet pet for PvE is the pig, so first of all i wouldnt waste points in getting the raptor or improving the wolf. The wolf seems to be a PvP pet and both of them(raptor/wolf) dont hold agro on the mobs. Second of all I am not sure if riftstalker is the best choice for you, blink is useless in pve and the increase attack in this case just seems to not be enough. Maybe try assasin? Currently using something like this in the beta: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.x0t0V0AhzR.V As for mobs I can kill them in 2 skills, strafe and deadeye. Anyway strafe seems to be an awesome skill you should try it out one day. The build I am using is viable for both pvp and pve.

My main intention for this build is dungeons and raids. So its not going to matter to me at all that the raptor and wolf cant hold aggro, i acctually dont want them to. and they do put out more damage then the boar does, thats the whole reason for having them. But I do see your point with the assassin tree, there are a lot of nice buffs in that tree, and if the poisons can be applied to the bow, it would definately be quite a bit better. So i think im going to steal a build from another guy on this forum and try running with

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dR.0VMct0b.VMc

that would be great for both leveling and endgame i think because you will still have the boar to tank for you. however, endgame i might try to take the ranger tree out of the picture if i can find a better way to get the same damage. just because in dungeons and raids, i dont want to have to worry about a pet if its not doing that much for me, i have really never liked having pets in a game anyways. i would rather it just be me and my bow...lol.
    Amateurs practice till they get it right, professionals practice till they cant get it wrong.

Yea you can apply poison to the bow. That build will probably work I guess, I am sure switching from rift to assasin will do better for you, since there are really nice stacks in that tree, should be good for heavy targets.

If damage is what you're after I've had good output and survivability in both PvE and PvP with this.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zVhbo.0V0c.V0o

Outside of the 5%crit, attack buff and snare shot is not alot Ranger has to offer.

Assassin has another 5% crit plus 2 weapon enchants 1 which has a 20% chance to add a further 5% crit. Both work with ranged attacks.

Bulk of your damage will be Deadeye shot/Barbed shot/swiftshot.

So attack sequence would look like this,

Empowered, barbed, snare, swift, Deadeye.

Anything still alive when it gets to you you can hit repelling, then finish off.

+ Reply to Thread