+ Reply to Thread

Thread: monk? yes please

Soulwalker

Default monk? yes please

Idk about anyone else but id really like to see a monk type... beating down the enemy with your bare hands is just bad *** if you ask me ;) anyone else agree?

Soulwalker

Default agreed

I was just telling a friend that if this game adds a Monk it will be the best game I have played since EQ.
    I really enjoyed the Vanguard Monk, and the EQ monk. I think a monk later on can be inserted pretty easily into the rogue class. I am rolling a Bard as my first class. Would love to see a monk by the first expansion though.

Soulwalker

Default Monk hell yes

Agreed...Old School gamer here and I haven't played a monk since the original Bard's Tale...Yep Commodore 64 (still have two of them in garage)...
    If there is a monk class i will play it.

Telaran

Add me to the list. That would be my first class if it was available.

Monk is nice, but they shouldn't be in rogue calling. A sneaky monk? Monk is all about honor and martial arts, you know.

Either warrior or cleric calling is more suitable.
    Last edited by bubulu; 02-21-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Telaran

The problem with a class like that is always late game itemization. Either they have no weapons, and miss out on a ton of stats and benefits (this really can't be made up for even with scaling ability benefits, because those can only scale with level, they cannot account for end-game raid progression), or you have to create weapons specifically for that class (Cesti, Nunchaku, Katars, and whatnot), which isn't a very efficient use of developer resources. Not to mention it's near impossible to get the itemization balance correct (see: EQ2).

I'm in favor of the concept in theory, but in practice, it just isn't very practical, and doing it correctly would take too many man-hours better spent improving the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatile1 View Post
    The problem with a class like that is always late game itemization. Either they have no weapons, and miss out on a ton of stats and benefits (this really can't be made up for even with scaling ability benefits, because those can only scale with level, they cannot account for end-game raid progression), or you have to create weapons specifically for that class (Cesti, Nunchaku, Katars, and whatnot), which isn't a very efficient use of developer resources. Not to mention it's near impossible to get the itemization balance correct (see: EQ2).

I'm in favor of the concept in theory, but in practice, it just isn't very practical, and doing it correctly would take too many man-hours better spent improving the entire game.
    fist weapons are the way to solve the itemization problem.

also, /signed
    Marksman/Ranger/Sab ftw

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Carimm View Post
    fist weapons are the way to solve the itemization problem.

also, /signed

Reading the entire post ftw?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Volatile1 View Post
    Reading the entire post ftw?
    Monks would be awesome! I would probably play one instead of a SIN.

G

Monk would probably be the one and only class that I'd play over a finger wiggler..
    PS - I licked your window.

Would love Monk. They seem to fit more into warriors imo, but I'd hope they would be rogues since my rogue is named after a badass dwarven monk.

If they added a monk to the rogues, I would have a reason to come over (even though I usually play Ranger). I'm hoping for this!
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

Love monks as well. Or DAoC type friar (staves only) as well. Seems to fit into either warrior or cleric calling, but I would play it either way!

Soulwalker

+1 for monk soul

+ Reply to Thread