+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/MM/Sab questions

Soulwalker

Default Ranger/MM/Sab questions

Hey guys,

I currently have the above setup. I'm mainly speccing into MM with a few in Sab. I was looking at the ranger pet and it says max pet lvl of 8 unless you go really deep into the tree to unlock new pets. Does this mean that having ranger in your build becomes useless if you just wanted it for the pet?

Also for leveling a MM oriented soul, what would you guys suggest? Also does it make a difference if you use bows over guns?

Thanks!

Oda

Shadowlander

As you level up, you'll buy the higher ranks which allow your pet to reach higher levels. You can have a level 50 razorboar with 0 points into ranger, it's just to prevent you from not paying for the higher ranks

Quote Originally Posted by Dessirris View Post
    As you level up, you'll buy the higher ranks which allow your pet to reach higher levels. You can have a level 50 razorboar with 0 points into ranger, it's just to prevent you from not paying for the higher ranks
    The highest I have been able to get in the beta was Call: Razorbeast Rank 5, which gives your razorbeast a max level of 30. I havent been able to find a way to level him past 30 without getting the greater razorbeast. With that said, it could very well be just because its the Beta, or perhaps I was missing something. But it sure would be a waste of TPs to get the ranger tree just to have your only pet stop leveling at 30.

Granted, until about level 35ish you could level like this just fine so that you have a tank, but after lvl 35 ish, it would be kinda stupid not to respec into a different tree.

Again, this could just be because of beta or because i missed something, but this is what I saw while playing.
    Amateurs practice till they get it right, professionals practice till they cant get it wrong.

Soulwalker

Ahhhh I see. Thanks =)

Also, are you sure you can get your pet to level 50 with just buying skills? And does it really matter if you go bows or guns?

Thanks,

Oda
    Last edited by Odarion; 02-06-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Soulwalker

Does anyone have any idea if there's a difference between bows and guns other than aesthetics?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Odarion View Post
    Does anyone have any idea if there's a difference between bows and guns other than aesthetics?

Thanks
    From what I've seen, bows usually give dexterity and strength while guns give strength and endurance.

+ Reply to Thread