+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/Marksman/Nightblade Build

Default Ranger/Marksman/Nightblade Build

Hello all, this is my first post on the forum. Is a pleasure to be part of this comunity

I've been playing the rift beta since last friday. I choose this sould without knowing how they are. I just figure Ranger with Marksman will be good, and Nightblade as is a meele soul should help on close encounters. I think I make a mistake getting nightblade and I shold have gone with Assasing fore more critical %.

Is there a way to change sould. or I will have to make a new character?

I want Assasing instead of Nightblade.

For the moment this is my build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MfNi.xzk.AMo.M

I just reset my souls so I will spend all the points againg. I'm at lvl 16 at the moment

What would you change on my build?
    Last edited by ElectroManiac; 02-06-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Soulwalker

I would change the nightblade to riftblade, You get a nice teleport, you do have awesome speed boost from the marksmen build and a pet, nothing else to it. When i get the game i will start making some builds, but for now i will enjoy the beta firsthand.

But how can I change nightblade to riftblade?
    I reset my souls and buy a new role, but I can only choose betwen the souls I got at the beginning on the game.

Soulwalker

As i enterd the beta last night i have no clue, but i will recon the Forum quick to see if i can find something.

Shield of Telara

this soul combination is probably the best dps for marksman for raiding and pvp, but in pve its a nightmare, they buffed the mobs damage so much, im having trouble surviving without the pet, and the bard heals

for solo pveing the pet is a must and if you are meleeing without the pet the bard heals is a must
    Last edited by Bejita; 02-06-2011 at 01:17 AM.

You have to do quests to obtain the other souls. These quests are in sanctum on the gaurdian side. I have no idea where they are for defiant.
    I was not chosen because of my faith.

You can pick up quests in the main city to acquire new souls. You can only do one at a time but you are able to get every soul available to your calling.

It just involves completing a rift and using the quest item, then you can reset your points and choose whatever souls you have unlocked by doing the quests.

thanks I will try that

So I went with assasing instead of nightblade and my build now look like this.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfNM.x0b.iMc.0M

Soulwalker

Hmm, at 2 points thrown into your third soul, you aren't getting anything special ability wise so you're looking at 2% crit chance or 6% damage on most of your attacks. No idea which is better, although I'm biased towards nightblade.

I will be spending more points on assasing later on, I will max ruthlesness and serrated blade.

Telaran

makes sence, try to get 8points to assassin to bring both poisen enchantments which will boost your damage.

anyway you can stay nightblade and so something like
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfNi.x0d.VMo.V0o

imo you have a point in your build which doesnt make to much sense (perhabs if you explain your playstyle).
    you skilled the improved quickshot for the bleeding with quickshot and brought single mind focus on the marksman of course, which gives you 15% for switftshot. so you use 1time quickshot for the dot and then switch to stiftwhot?
    otherwise i wouldnt skill the improved quickshot, cuase even with dot it doesnt look as strong a swiftshot whit its movement bonus to me.
    if you want to dot your target you will better do as a (ranged) nightblade fiery skype may look crap at first but i love it even in my higher lvl marksman rotation.
    in special with nightblade you can boost your swiftshot by 30% which is nice at all. but focuses the marksman much more and limits you to claim higher in the ranger tree. so, just a suggestion ;)
    Last edited by LindaFortune; 02-06-2011 at 04:09 AM.

You might be right, but the problem is I need to spend 5 points on eather keen eye or single mind focus so I can max increased fire power. The good thing about maxing single mind focus is that I use empowered shot a lot, and that give a good bost, but I coulds just stop using quickshot all together and use swift shot instead. What I like about qucishot is that makes them bleed.

Other thing I could do is spend the points on keen eye instead of single mind and have a longer range.

Well I can reset my souls and start all over againg, I will just need to try diferent builds to see wich one is better for me. Thats the good thing about beta. It let you try diferent builds so you are ready for release date

I wont be using nightblade. I think I will have better results with assasing.

+ Reply to Thread