Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory
  • 2 Post By Onebutton
  • 1 Post By Shas

Thread: Rogue leveling build

Soulwalker

Default Rogue leveling build

Hello,

I'm new to the game and I have been struggling with finding a decent build for leveling, i'm lvl 66 right now. I'm not sure which build is good, I prefer one that includes healing and i'm not really a fan of pets..

Let me know what you guys think or if anyone can link me to a build, would be great.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshiva View Post
    Let me know what you guys think or if anyone can link me to a build, would be great.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ium-4-0-a.html

This has all the information you need. Pick a spec and adjust Legendary points as needed for your level. Keep in mind, some of it might not work 100% until you get to 70, but it shouldn't matter too much for leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshiva View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to the game and I have been struggling with finding a decent build for leveling, i'm lvl 66 right now. I'm not sure which build is good, I prefer one that includes healing and i'm not really a fan of pets..

Thank you.
    Use any type of assassin spec that gets the permanent stealth. Pick up all the runspeed talents you can muster with enough points in Assassin to still get slip away and perma stealth. This will allow you to get to quest points and npcs easier than any other class by bypassing mobs. The other spec I suggest is Bard and ranger hybrid maybe with a little bit of NB. Getting the tank pet and the ability to transfer aggro to the pet is a life saver, virtually no down time and allows you to also get mats easier. Bard can heal..

Your pet will aggro the mobs near nodes and you just go in and take it, mount up and go to the next node. Rinse and repeat. Fast questing, fast harvesting, fast everything and rogue is the most overpowered class in the game so you can really start doing top end content earlier than other classes can if you learn to play the cookie cutter specs like Bofors.

An example is go to quest X objective on mount, stealth to objective, get in a safe place, switch to bard ranger, kill objective then switch back to assassin and stealth and mount to return to quest turn in. It is really simple and fast.

The best leveling spec for rogue would be almost anything you decide upon and adding in 4 points Tactician and spending legendary curative.

You can go 61 Sin and ranger and 4 tact
    You can use any of the MM specs but adapt it to include 4 points tact by taking out points where you see fit in the other offsoul.

You will lose some dps obviously but you will stay alive and not have to worry about playing ranger or a pet Best of luck !
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Smile

As response to the Assassin sneak/ pet approaches to fast leveling:

I leveled One rog on sin or ranger and one rog with this.

Meeting other leveling rogues on ranger/ sin/ bd made the day and night difference clear. Hfb op.

Onebutton was right with the tactican. But since tacts can aoe farm from level one, they aren't bis only for the engine.
    Last edited by Shas; 06-17-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

If not into melee..

I ran a decent amount of levelling with 58/18 mm/tact

planar variation mastery can be used for an instant full selfheal, just gotta target yourself for that.

can start fights with calculated shot + necrotic core+ necrotic torrent for groups, rapid fire shot instead of the torrent for Single target..
    ST damage.. calculated shot, RFS, sentry battery.. and most open world will go down on that. strafe for the last bit of life on the enemy, so you get a quick refresh on combat points.. RFS you will want to use only on full combat points..
    buffs are static shock, silver tip, curative engine (always refresh that if you get killed), ranged combat mastery and wild overgrowth from planar attunement abilities
    fights that last a little longer, you use the barrier remote and curative core.
    legendary razorbeast for damage buff in combat (though there are other options for the 3rd soul)

Not the best endgame build, but it does help with running open world stuff solo or farming old instances for cheeves

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    If not into melee..

I ran a decent amount of levelling with 58/18 mm/tact

planar variation mastery can be used for an instant full selfheal, just gotta target yourself for that.

can start fights with calculated shot + necrotic core+ necrotic torrent for groups, rapid fire shot instead of the torrent for Single target..
    ST damage.. calculated shot, RFS, sentry battery.. and most open world will go down on that. strafe for the last bit of life on the enemy, so you get a quick refresh on combat points.. RFS you will want to use only on full combat points..
    buffs are static shock, silver tip, curative engine (always refresh that if you get killed), ranged combat mastery and wild overgrowth from planar attunement abilities
    fights that last a little longer, you use the barrier remote and curative core.
    legendary razorbeast for damage buff in combat (though there are other options for the 3rd soul)

Not the best endgame build, but it does help with running open world stuff solo or farming old instances for cheeves
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I leveled One rog on sin or ranger and one rog with this.
    On the same boat then ^^

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

+ Reply to Thread