+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on best spec to level a rogue at 14 and above

Telaran

Default Advice on best spec to level a rogue at 14 and above

I just leveled my rogue to 14 and I am unsure of how to level him? I keep seeing Bladedancer but I also heard that isnt good till 50 + so what or how did you level your rogue from 10 on?

Sab is the rage on prime. Ranger does really well at low levels as well.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Sab isn't as hilarious as it was in 2011 when you could put 5 charges on something without aggroing but it is still a strong leveling spec. I started off with a 0 point ranger pet and points in assassin to add poison and some more damage, now I'm running offspec tactician for the passive healing. Both specs can usually solo minor rifts, footholds, etc and do great damage in PvP and dungeons.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Sab isn't as hilarious as it was in 2011 when you could put 5 charges on something without aggroing.
    This is just how the talent works, and this mechanics persisted until Mind of Madness (which wasn't even too long ago btw), they made what sab is today with the total sab revamp during MoM era.

There are not many players left in game from the 1.0 era so most people probably had no idea.
    But the most ridiculous thing Saboteur had from my time was able to stack 5 different charges and have them explode total of 10 times with a single click of detonate thanks to a saboteur talent called "Charge Booster", doing this also triggers 2 different damage magnifying debuffs on the victim and anyone stood too close to him.

Saboteur was literally one shotting people because nothing other than a tank with a running cd could survive charge explosions x10 with a detonate stacked on top. And if the target somehow survives he will be left with an increased damage taken debuff, a lowered armor debuff, a snare as well as a dot that's ticking down.

New players that's complaining about sab nowadays literally has no idea how friendly sab is nowadays .

And at level 50 in raid if people are having trouble beating sab in single target, I would be really scared with the general incompetence of the players on prime... or we are at a point low enough that people are complaining about leveling junk spec like the rangersab now?

Yeah as OP as people think low level sabs are in PvP on Prime, it's nothing compared to launch. Especially since so many people were brand new to the game, they didn't even notice that a sab was loading them up with charges since they weren't taking damage. And then detonate would kill them instantly lol.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    I just leveled my rogue to 14 and I am unsure of how to level him? I keep seeing Bladedancer but I also heard that isnt good till 50 + so what or how did you level your rogue from 10 on?
    Bladedancer is by far the fastest after Lv41 there's no comparison especially if you know how to play BD correctly, BD will easily trash sab/ranger from this level on.

For low level sab should be plenty fast due to low point requirements and since it's just leveling you will not have charge issue. You can also take ranger as complementary soul with sab especially if you are one of those who don't feel safe without a meat shield tanking for you.

+ Reply to Thread