+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playing with 2 roles (confused newbie)

Soulwalker

Default Playing with 2 roles (confused newbie)

Hi everyone! I'm a new player, playing for about two weeks. I started as a ranger, but seeing a lot of negativity on the forums towards the class (concerning mostly group play - low dps, no significant help for the group) I decided to pick a second role. I hesitated between nightblade and bard, but eventually have chosen bard, because it says that bard doesn't need a good equipment to be helpful (as a total newbie I have no idea where to get a decent equipment). Is it okay to play this way - solo questing with my ranger/marksman and switching to my bard while in group? Could a bard be self-sufficient too? I mean not just dragging behind the party buffing and stuff? Are bards actualy needed for most of the gungeons and raids? I'm still a quite low level, but really want to learn and be prepared for all this stuff when time comes...

I'm actually playing bard/ ranger. Bard is excellent for soloing and for groups.
    I picked this for lvling because it works pretty well with rangers pet. It does decent in PvP as well. Bard is a fun class.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    I'm actually playing bard/ ranger. Bard is excellent for soloing and for groups.
    I picked this for lvling because it works pretty well with rangers pet. It does decent in PvP as well. Bard is a fun class.
    Sounds very interesting! I didn't think about combining these classes together, because of how long it takes for my ranger to deal with mobs I'm putting points in Marksman to balance things out a bit...How it goes dps wise in your build? Do you use a 3d soul that helps to do more damage or is it alright in more advanced levels?

+ Reply to Thread