+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM Dps?

Plane Touched

Default MM Dps?

I am wondering what peoples single target dps with mm is on the 72 dummy. With 47.5k ap and 8700cp I get around 920k(5mins parse). I am wondering if that is basically whats possible or am I going to need to do a build and rotation check. Currently using legendary hellfire blades vs legendary spike. And the legendary rapid fire finishers. I am thinking polishing it up I can get closer to a million so would that basically be it or am I way way off?

maybe you can find some answers here..

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ium-4-0-a.html

perhaps not so much on the dps output, but on the build and rotations
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-26-2018 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sancin View Post
    I am wondering what peoples single target dps with mm is on the 72 dummy. With 47.5k ap and 8700cp I get around 920k(5mins parse). I am wondering if that is basically whats possible or am I going to need to do a build and rotation check. Currently using legendary hellfire blades vs legendary spike. And the legendary rapid fire finishers. I am thinking polishing it up I can get closer to a million so would that basically be it or am I way way off?
    What stage eternal do you have?

The correct spec is 8nb/7ranger offsouls, and HFB is the correct Legendary to use, the current guide listed for RFS MM is slightly outdated and uses Fiery Spike, and Bauum has now quit so wont be updating it
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.

Plane Touched

Bah thought i put that in there that is with last stage eternal. And ya using the specs posted on the boards and what appears to be the rotation/priority. Keep up barbed, keep up lightning, alternate quick and calc, use planar varation during hellfire, use sentry during hellfire but only for 2 combo points. Think that is about it just thinking off the top of my head.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...kGGyy/wgs|TvPw

spec im using.

Was hoping people that have parsed mm on the dummy with close to the same stats could give me a ballpark so i have an idea if I'm totally screwing up, or just need a few tweaks. If its just a few tweaks not seeing any reason to use mm, however if its a major screwup I figure I am running the wrong rotation or using the wrong build.

For reference I get nb/sab closer to a million than mm on a single dummy at 30m. By just using the cds during hellfire and using scatter during hellfire and using frag when not hellfire, while manaually handling sod and satchel. That is mainly what made me think I'm either butchering the rotation on mm or my build is off. A basic 2 button spec shouldn't be that close to mm in my mind but who knows with the current balancing.
    Last edited by sancin; 02-26-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sancin View Post
    Bah thought i put that in there that is with last stage eternal. And ya using the specs posted on the boards and what appears to be the rotation/priority. Keep up barbed, keep up lightning, alternate quick and calc, use planar varation during hellfire, use sentry during hellfire but only for 2 combo points.

I assume you mean Strafe and not Sentry Battery?

You shouldn't be cancelling Sentry Battery of thats the case, you should be snapshotting Sentry Battery at the last second of Bulls Eye
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.

Plane Touched

I was snap shotting planar variation. However with the changes to how channels work I don't think anything "snap shots" anymore . But ya looking at the numbers pure st 785k vs 741k I'll make that change. I Guess I just got used to using planer because of AE.

difference between sentry battery and planar variation...

sentry battery gives combo points, planar variation does not..

as for planar variation.. it only works for group damage if you target the far away mob and have the rest within a small space in that line..
    From experience, that is not always guaranteed damage on the mobs on that line
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-26-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Exclamation Diminished DPS of all classes!

What I always wanted to say! Because it seems to me that way.
    What a pity that Trion has cut all Ranged Skills from the DPS so that they are almost unplayable because they can not build acceptable DPS anymore. If a melee e.g. 1M DPS does then makes the ranged half. The rogue is the MM! I wonder why Trion does that. And that's not just the rogue's way, it's with every class. At the beginning of Rift the DPS was balanced between Meele and Ranged, why is not that today? Eternally, the DPS are limited by us players in any way, which reduces the fun !!! Just because a few players complain "Uhh makes too much DPS"! What shoud that? We need DPS of 1M or more for each class and skill.

PS: Especially in BOS the ranged is in demand, so Trion should raise the DPS for these skills!
    Last edited by Ceserea; 04-10-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    What I always wanted to say! Because it seems to me that way.
    What a pity that Trion has cut all Ranged Skills from the DPS so that they are almost unplayable because they can not build acceptable DPS anymore. If a melee e.g. 1M DPS does then makes the ranged half. The rogue is the MM! I wonder why Trion does that. And that's not just the rogue's way, it's with every class. At the beginning of Rift the DPS was balanced between Meele and Ranged, why is not that today? Eternally, the DPS are limited by us players in any way, which reduces the fun !!! Just because a few players complain "Uhh makes too much DPS"! What shoud that? We need DPS of 1M or more for each class and skill.

PS: Especially in BOS the ranged is in demand, so Trion should raise the DPS for these skills!
    Seems quite logical to me. If ranged did as much dps as melee, everyone would play ranged. It's not because a few player complain, it's because it's needed to balance all classes. If you can't handle being in melee, it's your problem, not theirs and even if ranged deals less dps, nothing keeps you from playing it anyways.

Also if you can only do half the dps of your melee spec with your ranged one, something's wrong with your ranged build/rotation.

+ Reply to Thread