+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MM Dps?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    Who plays Rift from the beginning like me - June 2011-, knows what I mean. At the moment I play melee, but there was a time when ranged skill was as good as melee combat. And so it is with all classes, the Rogue, the Mage, the Warrior, etc. And I miss it, back then the balance was better.Instead, Trion makes a prime server that I do not think anyone really needs. Better the right Rift should be done better. The Dungeon search, many armor parts account tied, the prefabricated ingame soul tree is so outdated that he may only be good for lvln. The linked forum contributions are sometimes four years old or even older.
    I understand you perfectly, and I agree with you with everything you said.
    Yes melee should be better from a pure dps standpoint than ranged, period, assuming melee was able to get 100% or nearly 100% uptime.

How it should work is unfortunately not how this game works at the moment, and this game is a whole different beast compare to the Rift back in the days... people nowadays complains about pushing more than 3 button or having a rotation that has a few self-managing dots in them.

Player skills are at all time low in this game, not while the majority of players can barely push 3 buttons correctly against a dimension boss dummy, you are asking them to do boss mechanics AND stand in melee WHILE pushing those 3 buttons all at the same time? This might not fly well with the majority of the playerbase in this game.

As you have seem some people will argue with how ranged is just a "play-style" and giving them a penalty vs melee or giving melee an advantage over ranged will undoubtedly trigger some people.

And yes, if MM comfortably out dps Nightblade I will always play MM, because it's just easier at range and NB and Sab rotation is so brain dead it makes easy and straightforward specs like MM feels "interesting" in comparison because at least I actually get to push more than 3 buttons...
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-12-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    I understand you perfectly, and I agree with you with everything you said.
    Yes melee should be better from a pure dps standpoint than ranged, period, assuming melee was able to get 100% or nearly 100% uptime.

How it should work is unfortunately not how this game works at the moment, and this game is a whole different beast compare to the Rift back in the days... people nowadays complains about pushing more than 3 button or having a rotation that has a few self-managing dots in them.

Player skills are at all time low in this game, not while the majority of players can barely push 3 buttons correctly against a dimension boss dummy, you are asking them to do boss mechanics AND stand in melee WHILE pushing those 3 buttons all at the same time? This might not fly well with the majority of the playerbase in this game.

As you have seem some people will argue with how ranged is just a "play-style" and giving them a penalty vs melee or giving melee an advantage over ranged will undoubtedly trigger some people.

And yes, if MM comfortably out dps Nightblade I will always play MM, because it's just easier at range and NB and Sab rotation is so brain dead it makes easy and straightforward specs like MM feels "interesting" in comparison because at least I actually get to push more than 3 buttons...
    Did BoS for the first time in a couple months. Did 61NB on Azranel at ~1.1m(forgot my vial lul), but 1.2+ should be no problem. keep in mind the little bit of downtime during Spin that the boss takes almost no damage.
    Ran MM for the last two. Dropped the raid healer and used chlorochon for aoe heals, so no bard buffs on that. ~1 mill on Isiel with all the Aegis shields. And on Titan the kill pull was a little off cause HfB and Razorbeast got out of synch, but managed to finish at 1.157m. Previous wipes i was over 1.2m on Titan.

So NB and MM both perfectly viable for BoS still.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2