+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Onebutton
  • 2 Post By Mrwidoes
  • 1 Post By TrionBrasse

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NEED Help Badly

Rift Chaser

Default NEED Help Badly

I got back into game my son was playing. He did pretty good with gear. But I come back and there looking for 600k dps..I can do 300k dps? said I should either change spec..MM/NB or fix my rotation? need PF + essence with Crit?

Like ranger but if cant do raids??

HELP

It would help if we would know a little bit more.

Assuming you are level 70 already..

What is your current gear like.. 250hit gear, 275 hit... Vostigars, open world
    Are you working on the eternal gear upgrades (helmet, one/off hand, ranged weapon)
    What is your hit.
    What souls are you currently using (and points in those souls)
    What masteries and legendaries are you using? (screenshot of soultree might be handy)
    What is the status of your current Planar fragments?
    And depending on what type of damage, you may want more AP or CP. Many prefer building up CP asap, which can be done through essences and planar fragments.
    Synergy Crystal and seal rune can provide CP as well.

For people to be able to help you, they need to know a little bit more than "I do 300k but want to do 600k"
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-12-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    I got back into game my son was playing. He did pretty good with gear. But I come back and there looking for 600k dps..I can do 300k dps? said I should either change spec..MM/NB or fix my rotation? need PF + essence with Crit?

Like ranger but if cant do raids??

HELP
    Just an fyi, some of the groups forming for 600K+ dps are farming Intel, so they want really fast runs through TD EZ (new raid), and some are using the 2 hours vial, so they are being pretty selective on dps since they want quick runs.

I have seen a lot of groups simply ask for DPS/heals etc.. with no requirement. My best advise to join a guild and go along on their raids until you can better gear up and get a bit higher DPS. Running Experts or TD EZ should not be a problem for guildies to take you along and who you the ropes.. Good luck!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Proud Member of GraySkull"

Rift Chaser

Default make-up

Hit--2275
    Gear-LFR-some.comet of destruction
    weapon-Blazing- Chondrtic Battlebow
    Planer ***..0?
    AP-34636
    Dex-24739
    (says top 2 needed for Soul?)
    Crit-738
    Soul-61 Ranger
    3 Nightblade
    12 Assassain

Rotation need help

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    Hit--2275
    Gear-LFR-some.comet of destruction
    weapon-Blazing- Chondrtic Battlebow
    Planer ***..0?
    AP-34636
    Dex-24739
    (says top 2 needed for Soul?)
    Crit-738
    Soul-61 Ranger
    3 Nightblade
    12 Assassain

Rotation need help
    Ranger is probably the worst st dps soul that Rogues have, pretty sure Shadeborn does more. So that is why you are seeing your current dps. It also helps to know where you are at on your Eternal Weapon progression.

Soft cap cp is 40%, a little over 9k. So your cp is really low. But it doesn't matter much since you're a rogue. With 10s of a look through in the Rogue Guide Sections, I found these. Below are:

Your Ranged dps spec. (The lazy version)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-2-button.html

Your melee dps spec. (Really easy)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-dps-spec.html

Your other melee spec for pre-eternal (pretty easy)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-assassin.html

You can do the first 3 bosses of RoTP with 400k dps. You'll need 500-600kish for Priest. If you want to do NMTD you'll need 600k-650k for the first 3 bosses. But 700kish for the last boss. All on a level 72 elite boss dummy.

Below is a guide on Planar Fragments, from what you stated it seems you do not have any equipped and don't know how the system works.

http://www.thegharstation.com/2016/1...a-brief-guide/

Below is a compendium with a lot of info you can use for your Rogue which covers the following topics:

1.1 - Synergy Crystals
    1.2 - Dream Orbs and Runes
    1.3 - Seals
    1.4 Planar Attunement and how to spend it.
    1.5 Rogue Stats and their importance.
    1.6 Planar Fragments
    1.7 PvP Fragments and gearing in PvP
    1.8 Gearing up in PvE
    1.9 Rift Consumables (PvE and PvP)
    2.0 Addons in Rift
    2.1 Kalert Section
    2.2 Rogue Specs.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ium-4-0-a.html

Good luck.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 02-12-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Rift Chaser

ok looks like i have to give up my Ranger spec. to get any kind of DPS. Whats a good Range Rogue DPS?

Soulwalker

Just so you know others do read the posts put up. For this I thank you. I am actually going house the MM spec for leveling as I am only 60. So thank you for the guide
    Last edited by Xio Narius; 02-13-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Shadowlander

Your response helped me allot since I too am just getting back into the game at level 60 and looking for a starting point.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Xio Narius; 02-13-2018 at 04:29 PM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

This is a really terrific little thread - I am rolling a Rangery type myself, so it was very helpful!
    (Because I need ten alts. Seriously need to get my head examined!)
    Brasse

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    This is a really terrific little thread - I am rolling a Rangery type myself, so it was very helpful!
    Brasse
    Why stop at ten? I have two accounts. There, now you feel less insane.

Seeing your CP, I'm guessing you don't have a Synergy Crystal. That would give some extra CP already when having 4 pieces of "comet of destruction" gear equipped.
    Synergy Crystals are 15k celestial remnants in store and

See if you can/need to upgrade one or 2 pieces to get to that 4.

In the beginning, you can get some CP from essences.. check auction house for the malevolent essences.

If you didn't before, go do the Storyline in Vostigar Peaks to gather intel, Uttila notoriety and once finished, access to the dailies and Raid Rift dailies/weekly.

If you are not much into crafting, you might wanna start that for Planar Attunement XP and Mages of Alittu notoriety, so you can buy the revered mages of Alittu box for death planar fragments.. Be aware, the drop is rng and it costs 1000 tower frags per box.

Levelling your planar fragments is costly.. so don't go all the way on all of them, but rather level the good ones you get to stage 6 or 9 for the stats.. Read the guide and consider what you want to level up further than that.

Off topic
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpacesBetween View Post
    Why stop at ten? I have two accounts. There, now you feel less insane.
    Do those two accounts include 60+ alts??
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-14-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Brasse
    Well, that is normal for this expansion. Unless you are rich and can afford to splurge on charges for the classes people have been leveling alts to use charges to help gear their main since Crifts were introduced.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-16-2018 at 03:10 AM.

a little addition.

Celestial matrix is used as upgrade material for the crafted helmet and ranged weapon.

To get ranged and helmet to 325 hit, you will need 21 matrix for each, the final step is an additional 10 matrix (and prophetic amenders)

Celestial matrix is a chance drop from Crafting Rifts.
    you can also get celestial motes dropped from those rifts. 10 motes + 1 planar attuner (20k planarite in store) makes a matrix as well.

For crafting rifts, groups usually run 20 crifts, where each player brings his own (preferably water) crift lure.

Craft Rift lures can be gotten through a weekly quest in Alittu. The requirement to get that quest is char level 70 and a crafting skill at 500. (so butchering, foraging and mining skills do not qualify, nor do fishing and survival)

Cheapest skill sofar for this quest is runecrafting.
    runecrafting after 450 can be levelled relatively cheap on the glyph recipes.

You will for the upgrade path of crafted helmet and ranged weapon also need PROPHETIC amenders.
    Prophetic amenders are made of crafted visionary amenders + 2 planar attuners (20k planarite per in rift store)
    PROPHETIC amenders are bound to account.. you can not buy them from other players, but have to make them yourself.

the easiest way to harvest planarite is through Nightmare rifts. The caches you get with each 10th stage contain around 1500 planarite. Save those up if you intend to use a token boost for those. This week is still planarite bonus 50%, so you can make use of a smaller bonus now for free instead.

make sure you add the planarite attuners to your wishlist in store, so you can find them fast when you need to spend planarite. When in a NMR (nightmare rift), watch your planarite cap.

The planar attuners in rift store are found in the crafting section..
    Crafting, reagents.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-16-2018 at 07:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread