+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long Hiatus - How to Rogue?

Shadowlander

Default Long Hiatus - How to Rogue?

I stopped playing for several years and now I am back, thanks to the poke from Trion to claim my names.

How do I rogue? What is a good build for soloing? For dungeons?

I had been playing a hunter-ish of some sort the last time I played. Editing to add - I finally found my talent button. I am playing a slightly modified Ranger.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by vanillabean; 02-04-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Assassin is good to know and is decent to level as. Bladedancer is another good leveling spec. If you have all the souls throw 4 points into tactician and get curative engine, helps alot.

Currently 3 specs are played at level cap for the most part.
    61 nightblade
    54 nightblade
    61 Marksmen.

All of them rely on hellfire blades( nightblade soul) alot.
    Last edited by Poshy; 02-04-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Nightsab 3 button spec is pretty easy dps and has 2 heals for pve imo

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-dps-spec.html

Use planar variation for the level 65 mastery so u will have 2 heals. If your not 70 you'll have to clean macro of the skills that don't work and razorbeast. Good luck!

Shadowlander

Thanks, guys!
    I am 65 right now, so not too far off of 70. Except that leveling seems to take forever and a day haha.

Are any of these specs good for soloing at-level Rifts, and/or elites?

My preference was Assassin. If you get in trouble just slip away. Also take the planar variation mastery for a self heal as you level. I waited to get legendary poison malice until I hit lvl 70 and kept it in my spam macro. The 61 Sin build in the rogue guide section can get you started. Alot of people prefer bladedancer with 4 in tact to level. I just like stealth.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Depending on soul packs..

Tactician for self heals if you like ranged.

For solo, I use 58/18 mm/tact + ranger for the razorbeast legendary. (you can exchange that ranger buff for something else until you get to the point when you want to spend that legendary point in that buff)

18 tact for the curative core, legendary curative engine
    legendary rapid fire + calculated shot
    last 2 legendary points go into the razorbeast and empyrean bolt (damage buff and decrease cd)

Not saying this is Best DPS, heals, raid or anything, but it works well for me.
    combined with masteries (planar variation for dps can be nice if you can target the far mob and have the melee mobs between you and the targetted mob.)

without macro .. 5 buffs.. wild overgrowth from PA, silver tip, ranged combat, static shock, curative engine (falls of when/if you die)
    start with necrotic/curative core, razorbeast buff, barbed, calculated.. rapid fire, sentry, chain d start over and refresh the buffs.. after rapid fire, continue with strafe and planar variation

throw in barrier remote if you need to run or get a huge chunk of damage you can't get out of rightaway.

This usually works with 1 or 2 stronger opponents.. for group fight, lure your melee mobs to you, target the one far away, hit calculated + legendary razorbeast (or w/e dps increase you can think of/have available) and hit planar variation.

you need to have a target selected for planar variation dps, or it will go off and do nothing.

there is also the option to use bull's eye for dps and/or fury of the ascended (planar mobs & colossi)

as for the levelling.. the daily in ST taranis (Gedlo badlands) is available at level 65 and rewards some 2.8m xp.
    To get to the Valley of the morning star - portal for the ballista daily, you can use the ballista system as well.

Taranis portal, 3600, 6491
    questgiver around 3600, 6360
    Taranis ballista 3660, 6270.
    Valley portal 2020, 6830.
    Travel with the ballista system to the west, unlock the Valley of the morningstar portal at the same time and start the daily there.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-06-2018 at 04:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread