+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malannon TD Normal - dps and energy loss???

Plane Touched

Default Malannon TD Normal - dps and energy loss???

hi all folks!! was looking at my last parses on Malannon in TD Normal Mode yesterday and noticed that i seem to loose some dps in this fight. Playing NB/Sab and seemed to go down from about 1M, my usual dps in the other bosses, to 650/700k ...
    only in this fight this seems to happen!!!
    i noticed also that only in this boss and in some circumstances i'm getting energy starved

edit: just found that someone else noticed it - at least my thoughts were right
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5327084

which dps build do you use in this fight? does 61NB solve the problem?
    thanks a lot in advance!
    Last edited by Mystifal; 10-25-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Because of the constant phase changes, L Satchel Charge doesn't have an optimal uptime, so you lose charges faster and start using NB builders, hence the energy drain.

61nb would be better, yes
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Because of the constant phase changes, L Satchel Charge doesn't have an optimal uptime, so you lose charges faster and start using NB builders, hence the energy drain.

61nb would be better, yes
    NBSab will run out of charges after 55s to 60s in running optimal rotation in pure single target fights even if satchel has 100% uptime and will have a severe dps drop.

It's a cleave spec, and you will need your satchel to hit multiple targets a few times to remain competitive in longer fights, otherwise 61nb is infinitely better in each and every single pure single target sustained fights where there's no adds to cleave.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 10-25-2017 at 04:59 AM.

Soulwalker

Besides, your average dps is not 1 M.
    source: i'm a guildmate

Soulwalker

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelen View Post
    uh oh, busted!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelen View Post
    betrayer PRIMALISTs here !!!

btw i've always been, and always will be, a healer, that sometimes helps with the dps, and wants to understand well what's going on.
    i'd like to take the opportunity to thank averyone for the kind answers here
    Last edited by Mystifal; 10-31-2017 at 04:17 AM.

I lose more energy with 61nb then 54nb. I have kept 100% uptime on eternal on this fight by using 1 energy pot during my opener. I keep satchel on boss only. You should regain all charges for the pillar phase and I don't use satchel on the dragon or bird. This may vary based on your groups dps but I usually reapply satchel to boss right before the dragon phase.

Shadowlander

61nb don't need charges under 20m.. better choice if you don't need a lot of cleave.

ps: mysti noob

I said I was done with the forums, but will make this one post because I did bring up the issue. Yes, it is the satchel charge problem. I don't notice charge loss in most fights even after a minute or two (even ST fights). You don't end up defaulting to dusk strike, which is what causes the energy problem. I recommend the following:

1) Add a Kalert for the dusk strike self-buff (emptiness - find it in the NB61 guide) so that you are aware when it triggers. It is your builder which has dusk strike (about 2/3rds down in the sequence), and if you can avoid it for a couple ticks (use flame blitz, time bomb etc), then that may help if the emptiness stacks drop off in that time. At least then your energy can regen a bit. Otherwise you tend to go into an energy death spiral.

2) If doing fights like Malannon with NB/Sab, create a version of the builder macro without satchel charge, and put it on your bar. Put it manually on Mal when he pops up and avoid using it on non-Mal targets. This will maximise the charges you generate because it has a CD of 30secs. Drop it on the tower during the colour ring phase, for example, and then you will be without it for 25secs or so because it dies with the tower and the CD has to run its course before you can apply it again. Same goes for the dragons. Short lived targets in long fights are the bane of this build because of satchel charge.

NB61 might be better as you won't have the charge issue, but NB/Sab is workable if you manage satchel charge in these fights. It does mean using an extra button though ... oh the horror >.<

As far as I am aware there is no way to consume/remove emptiness charges in the NB/Sab build, which would have been the better option.
    Last edited by Linolea; 11-08-2017 at 09:01 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread