+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What would you want the new rogue soul to be?

Default What would you want the new rogue soul to be?

With Archonix saying Keyens will be working on new souls for each class, i'm curious as to what people think the rogue class needs, or what you would like to see implemented for rogues.

For example, I would really like a support class that matches Archon and Beastmaster (now that 61bard is virtually useless) - Or give bard a flaring power equivalent and just buff its dps, either way it would be nice to have a viable support soul again (same for clerics im sure)

Or a non-physical ranged class that uses all of the elements to fire arrows (because im nostalgic of Scout from DAOC - loved that class) and you could make all the elements do certain things, water/ice can be aoe/slow, life can be low damage /w life steal or self heal, fire can be strong ST etc

I'd love to see what other people would want the new soul to be

Looking forward to seeing the soul when it eventually hits pts and when we're given hints on what the soul might be!
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

Im thinking something along the lines of a dps soul where its a mixed range and melee spec, like if you proc certain buffing buffs, you'll get a proc on a melee ability that deals extremely high dmg which in turn procs like idk a range ability that does lower dmg but bursts hard or buffs/debuffs yourself respectively the enemy and then you switch back and forth.

Another thing could be a proper AoE heal soul, i hear from few friends on discord that Keyens was reworking tact somewhere around 4.1/4.2 (i mean cmonbruh, do we really need the AoE dmg and unecessary talents like armor increase etc). I Think it should be played by dpsing the boss to do heals (just like chloro) but where you get an additional resource that you need to consume to use certain strong healing abilities, something similar to soul fragments from Farseer primalist.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    For example, I would really like a support class that matches Archon and Beastmaster (now that 61bard is virtually useless) - Or give bard a flaring power equivalent and just buff its dps, either way it would be nice to have a viable support soul again (same for clerics im sure)
    I think you meant Mystic and not Beastmaster. I seriously doubt you want a support like Beastmaster is atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    I think you meant Mystic and not Beastmaster. I seriously doubt you want a support like Beastmaster is atm.
    I'd be happy with Bard (and Oracle) just getting a flaring power equiv, as a 61point noone will ever use bard in a raid
    Last edited by Maltie; 09-24-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

I feel like BM > archon. I've seen BM deal much more damage than chon. And they have healing CD's that might be interesting in next raids..

Plus ... you have a pet.

For the rogue spec, I think it would be interesting to have a full ST spec, Rogue have a few good cleave specs already, two / three ( if you count bard) heal options and a really fun tanking spec.
    - Could be fun to have a spec with a finisher allowing you to "save" your combo points as a buff so you can stack them to make a huge hit. (In the same spirit as meditative trance from Bladedancer, except that instead of healing you it "stores" your combo points. --> Not crit on a 50 combo points finisher = Sadness.

-Another fun spec could be one based on DOTs and having a finisher dealing the damages of all your dots on target instantly without removing them. It could be fun in the way that you could place dots on multiple target for example and the finisher procs them all. The skillcap on this idea is higher than what rogue spec currently offer when it comes to cleave.

- Make Shadeborn great again

i see a 27% buff on reaver
    i see a brand new warrior class that would use that range weapon for attacks
    i see this post is about rogues
    i see dead people

Some type of a gunslinger. Or batman.

Oh and pick pocket please.
    Last edited by Poshy; 09-24-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    With Archonix saying Keyens will be working on new souls for each class
    Where was this announced.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Where was this announced.
    On a live Q&A stream about a month ago.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Some type of a gunslinger. Or batman.

Oh and pick pocket please.
    I would take Master Chief and maybe a Chun Li

Rift Disciple

uhmmmmmm...
    please note that if we get an "archon like" support the dice are rolled... for balancing cleric would receive too and warrior and mage would receive a "bard like"... agree that could be useful but probably it's too easy.

personally, in a telara that is every day more "flat", i'd like to see something that makes each calling a little "unique" from each other.

for example, talking about the rogue, i'm thinking about a "SNIPER" soul, with 50 or even 60m attack ranges (a turret dps). i think it would be very different from MM (movement dps - well "dps" is a great word for actual MM) and very original and unique, very useful in pve and would refresh a bit the PVP environment
    Last edited by Mystifal; 09-26-2017 at 01:38 AM.

Ascendant

None. I would like them to create a whole new mystical class to replace cleric and begin to playfully imply the deletion of rogue with Cleric and rogue on the bottom and mage and warrior on top with primalist and new mystical class competing with eachother for number 1 spot.

Well they already have cleric on the bottom and primalist at the top so they are half way there. It would be the most common sense thing to do plus they can always make gear account bound so you can transfer most of your stuff to a primalist. This will force rogues to buy primalist and clerics and mages to buy the new mystical class. If that is a problem for rogues then know at least you had a large period of time to be above the other 3 main classes so you are well overdue of joining clerics at the bottom. Trion needs money and the privilege should be taken away.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-29-2017 at 02:48 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    uhmmmmmm...
    please note that if we get an "archon like" support the dice are rolled... for balancing cleric would receive too and warrior and mage would receive a "bard like"... agree that could be useful but probably it's too easy.

personally, in a telara that is every day more "flat", i'd like to see something that makes each calling a little "unique" from each other.

for example, talking about the rogue, i'm thinking about a "SNIPER" soul, with 50 or even 60m attack ranges (a turret dps). i think it would be very different from MM (movement dps - well "dps" is a great word for actual MM) and very original and unique, very useful in pve and would refresh a bit the PVP environment
    seen the new mage's soul mystic archer, and the new "aiming" system, and considered the rumours about the warrior's Cannoneer soul, probably i didn't shot too far with my guessing

so far, it's really possible that all new souls could be based on the new aiming system

An iajustu type class?

Sort of a reverse bladedancer, where you use weaker standard combo builders to build up buffs and then expend them with hard-hitting finishers. Call those "mystic blade" finishers, and if you want to go with positional targeting use stuff like blade dashes and whatnot.

For the actual flow, harken back to the good ol' blinkblade. Look to work in a dashing move at least every 20s or so to maintain buffs, and let's say use abilities that mark your targets for death with those stronk hitting finishers.

At least, I'd likely find something like that enjoyable.

Default gun X sword

I want to see a PVP rogue that uses his 2 hands like mid range guns and fires like machine guns.and uses his range as sniper.ST/AOE whatever it is, it uses weapon like guns.
    1.it will have a tracking ability that can be spam at every 15 sec,tracked player will be visible to teammates in mini map for 1 min or certain time.and will get 2x damage from players.this tracked player can be hit by 2x range by the teammates range ability.track will ability will have certain limit.like cant be used more then 4/5 players.tracked player/(mobs in pVE) will drop more plat/curencies to team mates.(not the rogue)
    2.as a legendary upgrade of it,tracked player can be hitted by team mates regard less of line of sight.as long as their are in range of team mates boosted range.
    3.rogue will have a close range aoe bomb and that will stun enemy for few sec and as legendary will give a extra boost to rogue dodge and run speed.
    4.rogue will have a 30 sec vanish that also make rogue immune to attacked or attack(cant attack others in that state) .as legendary makes it combat use.so rogue can use it to hid from battle.
    Last edited by KunameZero; 10-05-2017 at 07:23 AM. Reason: more additions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast