+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Semiso

Thread: Horrendous legendaries as off-soul

Default Horrendous legendaries as off-soul

So after quite a bit of time with searching on the forums for any addressing about rogues legendaries and more time sitting in game memeing around watching chats, i came to conclusion that there wasn't any addressing what so ever and i feel like we need one considering the state rogues and probably other classes are at (Please read thru before saying BUT YOU HAVE NIGHTBLADE SO SHUT UP thank you)

Since 4.1, alot of rogue specs have been nerfed, tactician is the most notable one where the famous beaming currative torrent got mashed to the ground and has no practical use for any content since, assassins pvp spec which was mostly based on legendary Assassinate which at the time had no cooldown and was competitive in pvp and strong. Of course there are always other variants and other legendaries to choose from which would make a spec more or less useful, but still viable.

As Keyens and Brasse addressed in one of their livestreams months ago (February i believe it was) they decided that players should be playing a spec with a soul full of 61 points and that they weren't fan of hybrids because of how difficult it would be to balance it out.

That is understandable and with that in mind, that would leave us only with offsouls and 15 points to spend around to make any soul spec awesome and with rogues it's limited.

Here are the legendaries that we could spend 15 points into and not benefit much or at all from currently.

Assassin

Legendary Virulent Poison: Everytime its procced, you get a stack of acidic wrath, which when you reach 7 stacks of, you get a buff that stacks twice and that increases your finishers dmg by 30%.

Legendary Assassinate: exactly the same, except the energy cost is reduced by about 20% and it applies poisons everytime you dmg with it.

Issue with them: Virulent poison is barely used at all because of how it overwrites other soul buffs that you benefit more from. Munitions, nightblade buffs etc. The only spec that would benefit the most from in my opinion is bard and yet its a small benefit. My suggesstion would be if the dmg increase on finishers could get upped a little bit, reducing the amount of stacks needed to get the effect and not making it a buff so it doesn't overwrite (passive?)

Assassinate has no use at all in its legendary form if it's compared with the rest of the abilities. Even though if you were under the effect of Legendary poison malice and were using this ability in its legendary form, it still wouldnt fullfill its ''legendary'', my proposal to this is either give it a dmg boost so we could make it more worthwhile to use every 6th second or reduce the cooldown but reduce the dmg. Either way will make it possibly worth using.

Marksman

Legendary On the double: passively increases ur dodge chance and ur movement speed by 5%

Issue: Ever since SFP launch, i have not found a reason at all to use on the double in its legendary form. People would probably argue thats for idk farming around zones collecting materials. Truth is there are already other ways to increase ur movement speed without losing an offsoul slot for just 5% increase, (points spent in bard to get a +15% raid movement speed buff, insoles etc). People would probably argue its for tanking because of the dodge increase. Sure good point, you will only find about less than one percent of rogue tanks who actually uses it for that specific purpose because of other choices that would help them out more.

My suggesstion for this one is, increase the stats it provides drastically.

Bard

Legendary Cadence: the longer you channe lit, you will get a buff that stacks up to 10 times that increases ur dmg and heals by 2k for non bard abilities

Issue: This one is definetly suppossed to be used as an off soul for other 61 soul specs and its sadly not worth using because of how limited the buff is, where as legendary seasoned strike from warchanter (warrior soul), the buff increases depending on your stats. It is also annoying to use because of the fact that you have to keep channel the ability just to get 10 stacks of the buff, which is alot of GCDs lost if you're in pvp, raids, IA, dungeons etc.

This one could be fixed by making it act exactly like Seasoned strike, making it instant and make it more worthwhile to use by increasing the buff benefit it provides, because as you progress through the content and reaching bigger challenges (killing bigger badder raid bosses as an example) you would find it discouraging to use this ability that provides so little.

Shadeborn

Legendary Strangulate: adds a 20 sec cd, is a channel ability and debilitates the target for 4 sec.

As soon as i saw this ability in legendary mode, i thought instantly it's purpose was for pvp only, because i litterally can't find a reason over why we should use it in pve at all.

a) it does extremely low dmg per sec, even if you are very geared
    b) its 20 sec cd doesnt make it worthwhile to use

My suggesstion is to increase the dmg of it per second, making it AoE and replace the debilitate effect with either : a dmg/healing increasing buff, some sort of dmg reflection or apply some sort of AoE debuff. Of course as compensation to not use it too much, increase the cooldown by 45 secs or something along there.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to reflect over how limited rogues have in terms of choosing legendaries in off souls for 61 soul specs and even if that wasn't the case, how some legendaries needed rework.

i'm all open for criticism, just dont roast my dps thanks

Wht this amazing plib said....and i roasted that dps nice and crisp just the way you like it bro.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

Every class got some legendary spells that are useless or situational (shadeborn grab for exemple) and rogues are no different.

I agree with you on the point of this being really annoying. It's getting frustrating to always have to take ranger offsouls as it brings no special gameplay elements and gives specs less"customization".

But offsouls buff need to be generalist, for exemple the virulent poison on NB would be totally overpowered.

There is also the issue of the "strongest offsoul" being unable to be a main soul since the offsoul you will take won't be powerfull enough. Like the druid offsoul or the Ranger one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    Every class got some legendary spells that are useless or situational (shadeborn grab for exemple) and rogues are no different.

I agree with you on the point of this being really annoying. It's getting frustrating to always have to take ranger offsouls as it brings no special gameplay elements and gives specs less"customization".

But offsouls buff need to be generalist, for exemple the virulent poison on NB would be totally overpowered.

There is also the issue of the "strongest offsoul" being unable to be a main soul since the offsoul you will take won't be powerfull enough. Like the druid offsoul or the Ranger one.
    I kinda feel like clerics for an example have more variety of off soul legendaries that they can choose from than what rogues and warriors can. Warriors are waay more limited than any class atm, where they either have legendaries that gives the exact same effect, legendaries that gives ''meh'' effects or legendaries that basically give pvp / normal adds effects (stuns,roots, etc)

and a little note, virulent poison for NB is OP for the finisher, which makes bursting lil better, but is less dps overall (i wonder how bad it is in pvp tho )

The Sin offsoul with leg vir is better initial burst with NB but an overal dps loss over 3 min parse, it also drains more energy versus sab off soul, if it was changed so the Sin legendary. if the Leg vir didnt overide the NB buffs might be worth it.

+ Reply to Thread