+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger -Razorbeast

Rift Chaser

Default Ranger -Razorbeast

what the hell happened to this pet..Has NO Aggro at all..what god is it.even the high leveled one??/ I thought that it was to get aggro ..but NO???

Rift Disciple

please check in the pet action bar that the pet threat ability is activated (if you click on the pet abilities you can toggle them on and off)

this said, if you do much dps, it is possible that you get higher in the threat table than pet, in some cases

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    please check in the pet action bar that the pet threat ability is activated (if you click on the pet abilities you can toggle them on and off)

this said, if you do much dps, it is possible that you get higher in the threat table than pet, in some cases
    It may be this, but to be accurate, pet-tanking using a Razorbeast like you may be used to to as a Beastmastery Hunter from another game died with the launch of Nightmare Tide. Vanilla and Storm Legion development took care to mantain pet damage scaling and threat. Up to level 60, you can play Ranger Rogue almost exactly as the look and feel of Beastmastery Hunters. The Nightmare Tide Level 61-65 "mastery" talents added nothing to help scale up a pet's aggro and damage to keep up.

Razorbeast pet health is sufferringly low once you get past level 60 and your pet healing is ridiculously low too. By the time I tried Planetouched Wilds at level 65, I totally gave up on pet tanking - your razorbeast blows up when you sic it on trash mobs within seconds. Think they can hold aggro? Well good luck with that, with it's threat talent enabled and you casting misdirection to it... mobs will peel off and jump all over you within seconds of every pull. A razorbeast's damage, healthpoints and aggro generation is meaningless by the time you hit level 61 - not to mentioned your ability to heal it.

I totally gave up on Ranger at level 65, took up a few points into self-healing talents and tanked it all myself. The Razorbeast and ranger pet-tanking has likely been forgotten by the Rift dev team ever since Nightmare Tides launched.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaAlicia View Post
    It may be this, but to be accurate, pet-tanking using a Razorbeast like you may be used to to as a Beastmastery Hunter from another game died with the launch of Nightmare Tide. Vanilla and Storm Legion development took care to mantain pet damage scaling and threat. Up to level 60, you can play Ranger Rogue almost exactly as the look and feel of Beastmastery Hunters. The Nightmare Tide Level 61-65 "mastery" talents added nothing to help scale up a pet's aggro and damage to keep up.

Razorbeast pet health is sufferringly low once you get past level 60 and your pet healing is ridiculously low too. By the time I tried Planetouched Wilds at level 65, I totally gave up on pet tanking - your razorbeast blows up when you sic it on trash mobs within seconds. Think they can hold aggro? Well good luck with that, with it's threat talent enabled and you casting misdirection to it... mobs will peel off and jump all over you within seconds of every pull. A razorbeast's damage, healthpoints and aggro generation is meaningless by the time you hit level 61 - not to mentioned your ability to heal it.

I totally gave up on Ranger at level 65, took up a few points into self-healing talents and tanked it all myself. The Razorbeast and ranger pet-tanking has likely been forgotten by the Rift dev team ever since Nightmare Tides launched.
    Doing something wrong then, My rogue alt (69) has no problems with razorbeast tanking

Maybe try letting the pet have it for a bit before you start dpsing it? And yeah, make sure all of his abilities are turned on like the other poster said. His abilities will have a gold border that moves around the edge and sometimes when you swap pets, it bugs and doesn't always turn all of them on properly, so you have to check each time you swap. Just click it to turn it on and you will see the visual. Also, if his taunting is a problem, there are macros that help him swap to the same target you are on while fighting multiple mobs.
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

+ Reply to Thread