+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger ? N/G?

Rift Chaser

Default Ranger ? N/G?

I have been playing a ranger from day 1. I got great gear -hit from 15-19 but everyone says its a wasted soul? they say Sin or RB? is ranger really that bad? should I change to something else??

At max level, Ranger is currently not the best.

Before max level, it's not great, but it doesn't matter a lot.

It sounds like you might be a newer player, if that's the case..

1.) You can change your build at any time to be any of the souls you want. You aren't limited to what you choose in the beginning. Currently there are 11 total souls (ranger being one of them). So if you decide you want to goof off with ranger, but later decide you want to try something else, hit "P" go to the "Roles" tab, and you'll see i think three of them by default, choose one, and it will change your spec. This way, you can build the new spec, and you can always go back to the same menu, and change back to ranger if you want. I think you can currently have 20 different slots to do this with for a LARGE variety of builds to play.

2.) Ranger does just fine in most content. Once you start pushing to endgame though, it probably wont cut it, but that doesnt mean you can't play it in other content before hand. (I would suggest trying nightblade or bladedancer for leveling though, a lot of fun, and better damage)
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Rift Chaser

From what I hear Ranger may be a good early class to play. Whats the good class later on in the game? I hear Sin or RB? any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    From what I hear Ranger may be a good early class to play. Whats the good class later on in the game? I hear Sin or RB? any suggestions??
    RB is Riftblade and it's a Warrior soul, not rogue. Ranger is okay to start out with because it is fairly easy and straightforward. I would try out Assassin as I really like the playstyle of the soul and it is competitive. If you're looking for a ranged build that is a little more competitive than Ranger, try out Marksman.
    R.I.P.

+ Reply to Thread