+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a point to "Reprisal?"

Default Is there a point to "Reprisal?" (and other questions)

Precision Strike and Quick Strike both seem to do more damage, so the only obvious "benefit" of Reprisal would be a very slightly more efficient use of energy (emphasis on very). I'm only level 33 right now, so is there something that makes the talent useful later on? Am I missing something? It just seems like a waste of skill.
    Last edited by discosoc; 05-30-2017 at 05:02 PM.

True, your Bladedancer builders all do more damage than reprisal, but Reprisal is an ogcd ability so you can use it at 5 combo points (using it with Deadly Dance is a dps loss ~ you get Deadly Dance from Bladedancer finishers and you get 3 stacks of it. So you use the stacks on the higher damaging builders and save Reprisal for when you've used up the stacks)
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Thanks for the clarification. I do notice now that it ignores the GC, which makes more sense.

Another question, if you don't mind. I've noticed a theme with rogue finishers in that there doesn't seem to be much incentive to wait until you have 5 combo points before using them. For example, my level 39 Head Shot deals this damage:

1 point: 272
    2 point: 362
    3 point: 482
    4 point: 631
    5 point: 811

Now it seems to me that unless you have some kind of buff or talent that triggers based on the combo points spent, you're better off using them ASAP. Like, a 1 pointer 5 times is about 67% more damage than a 5 pointer 1 time.

Is this correct? Is there some logic behind this that helps explain it?

** edit **

I guess I'd also need to take into account the GCD that using the finisher incurs, in which case you're better off just using a builder (209-305 damage for my level) than a 1 point finisher... I might need to think about this a bit more.

** edit 2 **

Ended up just writing a js simulator and now see that the GCD cost does encourage the use of finishers at 5 combo points. Over the course of 61.5 seconds, my particular abilities result in about 32% more damage by doing so. I guess you can consider this question resolved, unless you think I missed something else.
    Last edited by discosoc; 05-30-2017 at 05:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread