+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Malachi26

Thread: Solo tank spec?

Plane Touched

Default Solo tank spec?

What's a spec a rogue can use to solo tank experts? A spec that allows you to bring 4 DPS with you and just burn through dungeons like a mofo. (It's okay if this spec is heavily gear dependent)

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi26 View Post
    What's a spec a rogue can use to solo tank experts? A spec that allows you to bring 4 DPS with you and just burn through dungeons like a mofo. (It's okay if this spec is heavily gear dependent)
    If you don't have eternal yet, use this: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-op-tanks.html

If you do have eternal, this also works: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...4/v9g/Thw|PsXw

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    If you don't have eternal yet, use this: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-op-tanks.html

If you do have eternal, this also works: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...4/v9g/Thw|PsXw
    i have tried the "run" tank spec and found that can be used for the whole instance, but noticed that it does almost equal DPS than 61 RS, and i would've expected much more due to the 31 pts in assassin! do you think that there could be any way to have a "run" tank spec, with similar sorvivability, that does increased dps too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    i have tried the "run" tank spec and found that can be used for the whole instance, but noticed that it does almost equal DPS than 61 RS, and i would've expected much more due to the 31 pts in assassin! do you think that there could be any way to have a "run" tank spec, with similar sorvivability, that does increased dps too?
    Run spec is supposed to be a skip-all-the-trash survival spec. However it lacks the ability to group heal, so I'd still suggest using a solo tank spec during most fights (Tactstalker has the most utility, group heals and aoe cleanses, it's still extremely strong), but you can definitely roll a 61 Bard if you strong and confident enough in some fights.

If you have decent stats, you can faceroll majority of dungeon encounters with 61 Bard, the only thing you would be missing is a battle resurrection. But you'd be doing 350-450k burst DPS till boss dies, if normal rotation doesn't do enough heals, use spot heals.

I would still switch to solo tank specs on IGF 2nd Boss and adds prior to 3rd Boss though, makes things easier when adds don't run around like crazy chickens and spread flame all over the dungeon.
    Also some fights that has some sort of mechanics that is better off with a tank so you can taunt and position (adds), like TOA last Boss.

For reference:
    Fights that are safe to go with 61 Bard are:
    TC#1 Mossclaw, as long as there are someone to interrupt Fungal Bloom.
    TC#3 Lanaria, spot heal those who doesn't stand out of poop.
    TC#4 Simulacrum of Nathairacha, just normal rotations, and spot heals those stand in poop.
    TOA#2 Killthraxus, help aoe down adds ASAP.
    TOA#3 Lord Draveneaux, take care of cleanses and let whoever have aggro move to the middle.
    TOA#4 Maelfernus, normal rotations and spot heal the person who has aggro when HP drops.
    IDD#4 Scarn, normal rotations and spot heal the person who has aggro when HP drops.
    IGF#1 Seathe, normal rotations and spot heal the person who has aggro when HP drops.
    IGF#3 Admiral Nezavar, normal rotations and spot heal the person who has aggro when HP drops.
    IGF#4 Lady Glasya, stack at melee and normal rotations, remember to spot heal.

Encounters that are not in the list above are better off with a solo tank spec.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 06-30-2017 at 08:53 AM.

You can also do a 28RS 44 bard 4 tact. Basically I use L harmonic distortion for spot healing, coda of restoration or wrath for HD/reverberation stacks, L motif for passive aoe healing, and L curative engine for self healing.

You need 28 RS for the interrupt. You get the aoe cleanse with bard. Theres room to move points around for playstyle, I just kind of threw this together to do expert groups with guildies.

Its great because its tank, heal, as well as support, although the variant might not be as good once bard motif nerf hits, have to see.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Soulwalker

any sort of updates to this?

Nothing got patched on rogue tank.
    With new gear upgrade it mostly depends on what you want to do, for SPE, you could be 36 points in tank and rest heal or dps. That will do the trick

You can use 54nightblade/14riftstalker/8tactician its great dps while having group healing option thanks to curative engive with eternal each heal ticks like 23-24k non crit and 40k ish crit even if you get omnox non crit goes 40k crit goes 70k-71k heals for a 15seconds.

You don't need to spam empyrean bolt all the time just use it when group receives damage and you can use same macros from any 54nightblade spec like nb/sab.

Here is the soul distrubitions, you can take planar variation on some fights like lord draveneux when some one in group gets hit from this toxic trauma or smth named like this which is ticking like 4sec on player.

I even use 1 button lazy mode
    #show Fiery Chains
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast living flame
    cast Hellfire Blades
    cast Touch of Darkness
    cast @self Energy Manipulation
    cast Necrotic Core
    cast scourge of darkness
    cast flame blitz
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Weapon Flare
    cast fading light
    cast break free
    I know someone will come and talk some other stuff like not macroing, its for laziness mode you just spam it I even tanked LFR tartaric depths with this build many times and most people on EU caught me doing this kind of tanking on experts too.

If you don't have eternal don't even try this spec at all, this is for people who has eternal.

Since lacking interrupt you only can't tank Hollowood so either must change on fight or ask someone else to interrupt, mossclaw not big issue even if you can't interrupt him just move him away from things on ground and spam empyrean bolt few times.

I even soloed intrepid darkening deeps with this till Tegenar deepfang unluckily since no one else was in group she made me cocoon and couldn't go out from it.
    Last edited by aileen; 08-21-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread