+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Linolea

Thread: Maximizing Crit Power

Default Maximizing Crit Power

So from my understand you want to try and max your crit power then start working on ap, dex, phys crit. So my question is this, is it even possible to get close to 9k CP?

BiS or max CP items:
    Essences:
    Reapers(pvp) greaters have the highest CP, the ones from QF are a bit less with better main stats.
    Reaper greater 495x2= 990
    BiS lessers from QF 391x4= 1564
    Runes:
    Seal rune = 384
    Planar Fragments:
    Death t1 710x2= 1420
    Fire t2 624x2= 1248
    Water t3 477x2= 954
    Air t4 421x2= 842

This totals 7402 meaning we have to get lucky with secondary frag stats to reach the soft cap as well as sacrifice a decent amount of ap(especially with fire frags since t1 is ap)

So am I missing something and has anyone been able to get close to the 9k yet?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    It means you could choose to use some T5/T6 CP fragments even when they are not so-called "BiS".

It also means you could use PvP CP lesser essences even when they might not be so-called "BiS".

It also means you don't have to hit CP softcap in order for your character to function.

Actually if you think hitting 9k CP is the only way your character could be reasonable to play, just use 6x PvP CP lessers and eat curry, it wouldn't be that hard to hit especially when you also roll CP on your Earth and Life fragments.

Also if the rumors are correct, Trion is introducing Lv70 Pay2Win planar fragments soon. Some kind of RNG boxes you can craft that gives Lv70 planar fragments that requires a small amount of credit only ingredients to make. Think cosmic essences back in NMT but for your planar fragments. So you will be getting your full BiS capped CP character soon.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-07-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Also forgot the 500+ from set crystal.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Set crystal is +700 and MoM trinket + rune is another +230. 9k isn't impossible but it's doable.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Also forgot the 500+ from set crystal.

Thanks I forgot about the set bonus

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    It means you could choose to use some T5/T6 CP fragments even when they are not so-called "BiS".
    They are pretty low and I doubt worth it. Life is pretty decent ap and earth gives good dex.

It also means you could use PvP CP lesser essences even when they might not be so-called "BiS".
    I didnt know any of the lessers had cp. I've only seen phys crit and ap.

It also means you don't have to hit CP softcap in order for your character to function.
    I think my character functions pretty well now. I agree that it isnt required.

Actually if you think hitting 9k CP is the only way your character could be reasonable to play, just use 6x PvP CP lessers and eat curry, it wouldn't be that hard to hit especially when you also roll CP on your Earth and Life fragments.
    I think my character is pretty reasonable to play and im only at 5k cp currently, still dont plan to use earth and life frags for cp unless its secondary. I love curry in game and out.

Also if the rumors are correct, Trion is introducing Lv70 Pay2Win planar fragments soon. Some kind of RNG boxes you can craft that gives Lv70 planar fragments that requires a small amount of credit only ingredients to make. Think cosmic essences back in NMT but for your planar fragments. So you will be getting your full BiS capped CP character soon.
    Sounds pretty cool I hope it is implemented. I never played NMT not sure what cosmic essences were but I get what you are saying.
    Last edited by Poshy; 05-07-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Ascendant

Sounds pretty cool I hope it is implemented. I never played NMT not sure what cosmic essences were but I get what you are saying.
    Anyways it's pretty easy to hit 9k CP if you somewhat tried.
    Enjoy.

Shadowlander

So from my understand you want to try and max your crit power then start working on ap, dex, phys crit. So my question is this, is it even possible to get close to 9k CP?

http://imgur.com/bv0SzmV
    Disclaimer: I don't actually use this gear to dps.

To get 9k crit power, you only need to get somewhere near 8420 from your gear. Feast is 300, PA gives 15, and sigils give 3%.

All the reaper cp lessers have 495 cp, so you can get 2970cp in your focus, then 700 from synergy, 384 from seal rune, and 441 from CoA trinkets. That's 4954cp accessible before even touching fragments and, more importantly, without spending money on QF or frag boxes. You need to get the remaining 3928 (4046 after sigils) from frags.

So long as you get the death, fire, and water crit power fragments, that's 3622. You can get the remaining 306cp with one good secondary roll on a fragment.

See? Hardly optimal for any class, but very doable, especially if you're not too picky about your fragment secondaries.

As far as whether it's a good idea to sacrifice stats to get crit power, ask Stihl. I'm bad at everything other than Inquisitor.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Anyways it's pretty easy to hit 9k CP if you somewhat tried.
    Enjoy.
    I should have phrased my question differently.

Just from an overall dps standpoint Ive noticed that improving my CP has had the most impact. Maybe it isnt best to get to CP max if the best gear doesnt get you there. im just looking to improve my damage as much as I can to contribute to my guilds raid progression when it comes out. Im looking for what to work towards and other posts state to try to get close to CP max, not quite max due to raid buffs. Ive got most of the TD gear and that path is clear, what I am not sure about is frags and essences and what I should be looking for. For example is it better to use t1 fire frags versus t2 ones?

Shadowlander

Since i play this SP expansion i never seen death fragment with CP.. Still running foci, TD, experts, pvp, irotp golems and buying chest with experts token.. Am i only unlucky or is there another way to find those fragment with higt CP?

Death-CP is a tier one, so they are rare. You may get them from the store-bought chests (with tower frags) if you are lucky. Rift is simply a skin for a slot machine anymore.

If they are bringing in P2W credit-based crafted like they did in NMT then I am appalled, but not surprised.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread