+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Healing spec for rogue

Default Healing spec for rogue

Can't seem to find a guide that is somewhat updated for a good healing spec. I have seen 38tact/38phys/0rang, 40bard/36phys. Not really sure what is the best for ST healing and what is the best for aoe healing or if there is a good build for both.

61 Physician for Tank Heals.

Tactbard for Raid Heals (With Bard Motifs).

Bardphys for Raid heals + some ST heal capability (With Bard motifs).

Phystact for Raid Shields (Liberator is more useful than Phystact with consistent HPS, AOE Shields and mitgation)

Phloromancer for Raid Heals. (Currently has two battle resurrections.)

61 Tactician for Raid Heals + Mitigation (might be useful when new Tact Finisher is introduced, soon™)

For Tank heals, 61 Physician is the only viable build.

For Raid heals, current meta is Tactbard which does the highest HPS among all rogue specs, also provide Bard support motifs. (Raid composition is usually 1 Tank, 1 Archon, 1 Tactbard and rest DPS for maximum DPS potential anyway, for Tier 1 raids, a 61 Frostkeeper might substitute one DPS for tank heals; a decently geared Justicar tank with 6th upgrade eternal weapon can pour out almost as much HPS as a regular raid healer, so in this case, a 61 oracle might be useful for providing raid shields, boosting Justicar's raid heals and bypassing some raid mechanics while doing ~400k DPS [1 Justicar Tank, 1 Frostkeeper, 1 Archon, 1 Oracle, 6 DPSers])

For current Raid heals ranking (Including APS [Absorbs/Shields]):

Tactbard > Phloromancer > Phystact > Bardphys > 61 Tactician.

I recommend learning Tactbard if you are generally looking to raid heals or solo heal Tartaric Depths.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 04-21-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks been playing around with tactbard. Only problem is it literally has no st heal that I know of. I think this would be hard to use in more difficult content when its released.

Shadowlander

some of the healing/support spec were edited before 4.1 launched

is there any updates after 4.1 launched and changed so many skills?

shp
    Champion

Bard/phys is currently best healer in-game. Can easily solo heal TD while providing bard buffs.

Plane Touched

Let me at least say for warfronts that 61 phys still seems the best way to go. The raid heals offered in these specs above won't be able to save anyone in pvp. Warfronts are all about focus fire, and in my experience, I am by far the most effective when I run 61 phys. I also put 15 in tact, though I suppose it could go into bard as well...I just wanted the absorb engine from tact.
    Last edited by Malachi26; 05-09-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Soulwalker

61phys is so bad for wfs...
    Ur healz and absornbs are so low...
    Bard/phys is the best rogue healing spec for everything.
    For example.. 61phys with no cd up heal for 9kcrit legend.maintence theraphy and bard/phys for 15k.
    61phys heal for 19k urgent and bard/phys for 35k.
    Bard phys heal legend casual for 23k and phys normal casual for 10k.
    Bard/phys give to all dps nice buffs and 61phys nothing...
    Bardphys can go up to 50khps with burst aoe heal and phys thebest numbers are between 10-14k....
    I try 51 phys(for big finishers heal and emergency respawn) 25bard and still is underpowered...

Atm we need to delete 61-55-51-44 phys and focus on bard/phys until trion make phys great again!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nafrem View Post
    61phys is so bad for wfs...
    Ur healz and absornbs are so low...
    Bard/phys is the best rogue healing spec for everything.
    For example.. 61phys with no cd up heal for 9kcrit legend.maintence theraphy and bard/phys for 15k.
    61phys heal for 19k urgent and bard/phys for 35k.
    Bard phys heal legend casual for 23k and phys normal casual for 10k.
    Bard/phys give to all dps nice buffs and 61phys nothing...
    Bardphys can go up to 50khps with burst aoe heal and phys thebest numbers are between 10-14k....
    I try 51 phys(for big finishers heal and emergency respawn) 25bard and still is underpowered...

Atm we need to delete 61-55-51-44 phys and focus on bard/phys until trion make phys great again!
    I don't know where you're getting these numbers but I'm not getting anything NEAR as close as that.

I tested Urgent Care and Causal Treatment with 61phys and BardPhys on myself (just multiply these numbers by 0.25 for warfronts):

Urgent care: 71k for BardPhys, 64k for 61phys (sure a 7k advantage for BardPhys which is reduced to a 1.7k advantage for warfronts. I'm not sold)

Causal treatment: 64k for both BardPhys and 61phys. No difference.

The maintenance therapy procs were also basically equal. Certainly not as drastically different as you say here.

BardPhys has almost no ability to keep an individual alive. It has the ability to spread around a bunch of heals across the raid which is great for padding your healing numbers but not actually useful in a pvp setting. BardPhys has almost no ability to save a person who is getting focused, and that is by far the most important thing to compensate for as a wf healer.

I don't see the bard buffs as good enough to overcome this major problem. Bard buffs are useless if you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi26 View Post
    I don't know where you're getting these numbers but I'm not getting anything NEAR as close as that.

I tested Urgent Care and Causal Treatment with 61phys and BardPhys on myself (just multiply these numbers by 0.25 for warfronts):

Urgent care: 71k for BardPhys, 64k for 61phys (sure a 7k advantage for BardPhys which is reduced to a 1.7k advantage for warfronts. I'm not sold)

Causal treatment: 64k for both BardPhys and 61phys. No difference.

The maintenance therapy procs were also basically equal. Certainly not as drastically different as you say here.

BardPhys has almost no ability to keep an individual alive. It has the ability to spread around a bunch of heals across the raid which is great for padding your healing numbers but not actually useful in a pvp setting. BardPhys has almost no ability to save a person who is getting focused, and that is by far the most important thing to compensate for as a wf healer.

I don't see the bard buffs as good enough to overcome this major problem. Bard buffs are useless if you're dead.
    I cant speak for 61 phys since I havent used it much but i prefer tactbard to bardphys in pve and pvp. I also use phystact as my st heal spec. What would be better for tank heals in IRoTP? 61 phys?

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I cant speak for 61 phys since I havent used it much but i prefer tactbard to bardphys in pve and pvp. I also use phystact as my st heal spec. What would be better for tank heals in IRoTP? 61 phys?
    You won't need tank heals for the entire iRoTP if your tank has enough guard and at least some TD gears. Tactbard seems to be the go-to raid heal spec that works on all of the encounters and just get one more Raid heals. There are a few options: Warden works for 1st boss all the way to 4th boss. Phystact also works for all encounters (seems like the best one too, you apply Maintenance Therapy for 6% damage mitigation to the tank 100% of the time while raid healing/shielding). Chloro is not too friendly for the last boss. Liberator is alright but for progression it's better to take healers that deals DPS.

For 3rd boss, you need a lot of cleanses, so I'd say Bardphys or Tactbard is a must.
    For 4th boss, extremely heal intensive fight, and tank needs to coordinate their cooldowns and 65 mastery.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 05-12-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Plane Touched

I've almost entirely given up on bardphys in PvP. All I can say about it is that it gives me MARGINALLY better overall healing numbers when the final score screen is displayed. And in exchange for those better numbers, I wasn't able to save a single person who was focus-targeted. As bardphys, I resign myself to the reality that if a person is taking a lot of damage, he's dead. And at that point, what's even the point of healing in PvP?

When I run full 61phys, I save people in PvP battles all the time. I don't often top the healing charts, but my group wins battles. The targets of my healing actually LIVE.

Bardphys depends HEAVILY upon your entire group / raid being clustered together. If that is already happening with your team in PvP, there's already a really good chance that your team is doing so well that your heals are barely even needed in the first place. When a team is off doing a number of different things, fighting different battles (which is frequently necessary in PvP), bardphys REALLY struggles.

Hopefully we are all wise enough to realize why you can't evaluate the effectiveness of a PvP healing spec primarily by the raw healing numbers that show up at the end of a warfront. That seems to be the only real justification for running bardphys. You can top off all those people with 80% health up to 100% health and collect all sorts of healing numbers to stroke your ePeen at the end of the battle, but what does it actually matter if you didn't actually help an individual survive being targeted?

I am not at all convinced that bardphys has any use in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi26 View Post
    I've almost entirely given up on bardphys in PvP. All I can say about it is that it gives me MARGINALLY better overall healing numbers when the final score screen is displayed. And in exchange for those better numbers, I wasn't able to save a single person who was focus-targeted. As bardphys, I resign myself to the reality that if a person is taking a lot of damage, he's dead. And at that point, what's even the point of healing in PvP?

When I run full 61phys, I save people in PvP battles all the time. I don't often top the healing charts, but my group wins battles. The targets of my healing actually LIVE.

Bardphys depends HEAVILY upon your entire group / raid being clustered together. If that is already happening with your team in PvP, there's already a really good chance that your team is doing so well that your heals are barely even needed in the first place. When a team is off doing a number of different things, fighting different battles (which is frequently necessary in PvP), bardphys REALLY struggles.

Hopefully we are all wise enough to realize why you can't evaluate the effectiveness of a PvP healing spec primarily by the raw healing numbers that show up at the end of a warfront. That seems to be the only real justification for running bardphys. You can top off all those people with 80% health up to 100% health and collect all sorts of healing numbers to stroke your ePeen at the end of the battle, but what does it actually matter if you didn't actually help an individual survive being targeted?

I am not at all convinced that bardphys has any use in PvP.
    Because you're not actually using the correct spec for PvP, 41bard/35phys should grant you enhanced survivability and it genuinely does marginally better than 58/61phys. But you've got to sacrifice battle resurrection in exchange for Legendary Harmonic Distortion. If you still feel that you want to play a more ST heals heavy spec, try Mage's Frostkeeper PvP build.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    You won't need tank heals for the entire iRoTP if your tank has enough guard and at least some TD gears. Tactbard seems to be the go-to raid heal spec that works on all of the encounters and just get one more Raid heals. There are a few options: Warden works for 1st boss all the way to 4th boss. Phystact also works for all encounters (seems like the best one too, you apply Maintenance Therapy for 6% damage mitigation to the tank 100% of the time while raid healing/shielding). Chloro is not too friendly for the last boss. Liberator is alright but for progression it's better to take healers that deals DPS.

For 3rd boss, you need a lot of cleanses, so I'd say Bardphys or Tactbard is a must.
    For 4th boss, extremely heal intensive fight, and tank needs to coordinate their cooldowns and 65 mastery.
    So do you use physbard for anything? Or do you use tactbard for most of the content out now? I am guessing you still need something situationally that does st heals. I admit unless the tank has a little self healing or is really strong I struggle to solo heal beli in TD. The rest of the fights are pretty easy with tactbard solo healing. I cant speak on IRoTP ive only played dps there.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    61 Physician for Tank Heals.

Tactbard for Raid Heals (With Bard Motifs).

Bardphys for Raid heals + some ST heal capability (With Bard motifs).

Phystact for Raid Shields (Liberator is more useful than Phystact with consistent HPS, AOE Shields and mitgation)

Phloromancer for Raid Heals. (Currently has two battle resurrections.)

61 Tactician for Raid Heals + Mitigation (might be useful when new Tact Finisher is introduced, soon™)

For Tank heals, 61 Physician is the only viable build.

For Raid heals, current meta is Tactbard which does the highest HPS among all rogue specs, also provide Bard support motifs. (Raid composition is usually 1 Tank, 1 Archon, 1 Tactbard and rest DPS for maximum DPS potential anyway, for Tier 1 raids, a 61 Frostkeeper might substitute one DPS for tank heals; a decently geared Justicar tank with 6th upgrade eternal weapon can pour out almost as much HPS as a regular raid healer, so in this case, a 61 oracle might be useful for providing raid shields, boosting Justicar's raid heals and bypassing some raid mechanics while doing ~400k DPS [1 Justicar Tank, 1 Frostkeeper, 1 Archon, 1 Oracle, 6 DPSers])

For current Raid heals ranking (Including APS [Absorbs/Shields]):

Tactbard > Phloromancer > Phystact > Bardphys > 61 Tactician.

I recommend learning Tactbard if you are generally looking to raid heals or solo heal Tartaric Depths.
    yesterday i heard something about a 38/38 (or 40phys/36 bard), in order to get 2/2 on Applied Medical Practices (0 CD on Causal Treatment, then losing Coda of Cowardice) for being able to spam Legendary Causal Treatment in case of need... do you think it's worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    yesterday i heard something about a 38/38 (or 40phys/36 bard), in order to get 2/2 on Applied Medical Practices (0 CD on Causal Treatment, then losing Coda of Cowardice) for being able to spam Legendary Causal Treatment in case of need... do you think it's worth?
    No. The gcd increase makes Causal Treatment clunky and if you're going that far into bard, you're better off using Cadenza. If you need tank heals, Urgent Care and Active Treatment in addition to the HoT from Group Therapy should be more than enough. Any more than that, and you should probably have a tank healer. Plus, dropping from 40 to 36 bard means you're either sacrificing a fair amount of healing or valuable utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast