+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sin vs BD

why would it be bad to put Satchel Charge in the macro?

Also what does OFF GDC stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    why would it be bad to put Satchel Charge in the macro?

Also what does OFF GDC stand for?
    As i mentioned Legendary Abilities definitely cause lag issues when insered in your macro.
    Two weeks ago i made a video parsing this spec : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To_fUqEFUdU&t=2s
    Someone helped me notice i had lag issues between my spells while using my builder macro. That was caused my Legendary Satchel Charge. So i would advise you to take it off macro and use it once every 30 secs. THIS VIDEO IS OUTDATED do not refer to it's parse at all.

As for Off GCD : GCD stand for Global CoolDown, basically if you play Rogue, every time you use a normal spell, you will have 1 second before you can activate another spell (I think other classes GCD are 1.5 for most spec).
    So a spell OFF GCD, is a spell than can be used whenever you want and does not trigger the GCD.
    So in your macro is you have a few spells with GCD and one with no GCD at the end, if you spam your macro it will use the first GCD spell, and while you press the button and the GCD is ON, if will use the next spells usable at the moment you press the button --> Your off GCD spells.

I hope this can answer all your questions

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Alright so since im a pleb and can't quote i guess ill just type it out:

You mentioned that sinsab doesn't burst, that's false because i've seen rogues who uses the spec actually somehow manage to burst up to 800k-1m dps and then sustain about 500-800k for about 2-3 mins, so i don't really see why anyone would go with BD as ST and sustain about 400-500k max? unless ofc there needs to be stuff to cleave then HELL YEA! BD ftw!

What's more? oh yea, by the time we all get maxed out eternal weapons with awesome procs, how much will our dps go up to? i'll bet it will go up to 1m sustained for a min or two, unless ofc they either nerf the weapons or the spec (wink wink don't Think they will nerf the spec wink wink)

My terminology isnt great yet. I was referring to burst but meant initial burst I guess. Sin takes longer than BD to apply dots. When burning small adds,( elementals first fight, souls second, void and crystal 3rd). Now that my rotation is correct with my Sin build im doing much more st damage on a dummy, bosses and the bird, dragon in TD, I still do more damage with BD on the 1st, 2nd(unless im on boss and not souls) I pull ahead with Sin in low dps groups on 2nd boss, and 3rd fight. Its probably good to have both builds down but BD is offering me much more utility.

Even with perfect rotation on Sin you dont hold your eternal weapon buff entirely. To max Sin dps you have to debuff each target, BD is all self buff that carries with you add to add. In any fight you are changing targets alot BD is doing better for me. It feels like burst, however when you get rolling with Sin you will have much higher patches of burst and the crit debuff on target helps raid more.

I really havent done many SPEs, my focus has been on TD and eternal weapon quest, crifts and some Xarth. Once I get farther into the eternal quest I will have to run a bunch of SPEs and can compare in those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    As i mentioned Legendary Abilities definitely cause lag issues when insered in your macro.
    Two weeks ago i made a video parsing this spec : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To_fUqEFUdU&t=2s
    Someone helped me notice i had lag issues between my spells while using my builder macro. That was caused my Legendary Satchel Charge. So i would advise you to take it off macro and use it once every 30 secs. THIS VIDEO IS OUTDATED do not refer to it's parse at all.

As for Off GCD : GCD stand for Global CoolDown, basically if you play Rogue, every time you use a normal spell, you will have 1 second before you can activate another spell (I think other classes GCD are 1.5 for most spec).
    So a spell OFF GCD, is a spell than can be used whenever you want and does not trigger the GCD.
    So in your macro is you have a few spells with GCD and one with no GCD at the end, if you spam your macro it will use the first GCD spell, and while you press the button and the GCD is ON, if will use the next spells usable at the moment you press the button --> Your off GCD spells.

I hope this can answer all your questions
    Thanks, I thought that might be what it was but got confused by GDC instead of GCD. Seems to work a little better without satchel macroed and i put razor at the end of my macro but before shift shot just cuz i think swift shot is lame.

Your feedback and videos are very helpful.

Thanks, I thought that might be what it was but got confused by GDC instead of GCD. Seems to work a little better without satchel macroed and i put razor at the end of my macro but before shift shot just cuz i think swift shot is lame.

Your feedback and videos are very helpful.
    Putting Call: Razorbeast before Quick Shot won't prevent Quick Shot from going off. Ogcd abilities will always fire first. If you were to make a macro with 3 abilities (Cooldown, Instant, ogcd Instant) like this:

cast Backstab
    cast Quick Shot
    cast Call: Razorbeast

In the first press, you'd have Call: Razorbeast then Backstab (assuming you're in melee range). In the second press, you'd have Quick Shot. You can move Call: Razorbeast anywhere in the macro and it won't change the order in which it fires.

cast Backstab
    cast Quick Shot

or

cast Backstab
    cast Quick Shot

Can't help you with any rotations, as I don't play anymore, but hopefully that clears up. Energy Manipulation and Debilitating Dart are also ogcd abilities.
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Putting Call: Razorbeast before Quick Shot won't prevent Quick Shot from going off. Ogcd abilities will always fire first. If you were to make a macro with 3 abilities (Cooldown, Instant, ogcd Instant) like this:

cast Backstab
    cast Quick Shot

In the first press, you'd have Call: Razorbeast then Backstab (assuming you're in melee range). In the second press, you'd have Quick Shot. You can move Call: Razorbeast anywhere in the macro and it won't change the order in which it fires.

cast Backstab
    cast Quick Shot

or

cast Backstab
    cast Quick Shot

Can't help you with any rotations, as I don't play anymore, but hopefully that clears up. Energy Manipulation and Debilitating Dart are also ogcd abilities.
    Thanks. I only put razor in that order for my own amusement. In my mind being an assasin rogue is a melee class. Im not fussed about the dynamcs of sab I think it is pretty interesting but anytime I see the bow come out I sadden a little and feel violated. Always seems like a bow is for a different class or spec in this case. Sneaking up on someone to arrow them to death just doesnt work in my head.

In my mind being an assasin rogue is a melee class. Anytime I see the bow come out I sadden a little and feel violated. Always seems like a bow is for a different class or spec in this case. Sneaking up on someone to arrow them to death just doesnt work in my head.
    http://i.imgur.com/KJYcfEO.jpg

Heavy breathing.

Soulwalker

Is there a build thread for this spec ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekuza View Post
    Is there a build thread for this spec ?
    BLADEDANCER

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...cer-4-0-a.html

ASSASSIN

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-assassin.html

Ascendant

For the record

Assassin is fairly weak to play in pve, unless you want to stealth ganking in pvp, play something else.

BD single target dps is also not viable. Use this for leveling or cleaving.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 08-07-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    For the record

Assassin is fairly weak to play in pve, unless you want to stealth ganking in pvp, play something else.

BD single target dps is also not viable. Use this for leveling or cleaving.

Before Eternal weapon (&probably low CP) assassin is the best choice.
    BD isn't as useful as it was because nightblade does the same in better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2