+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyria

Thread: Tact/Ranger/Heal = great build for leveling earily on.

Default Tact/Ranger/Heal = great build for leveling earily on.

You get two buffs almost from the get go with 4 points in physician and tact, though your are basically using the two to enhance being a ranger, you also get a heal and shield buff as well as out and out heal, heal melee and heal finisher.

Just from the first 4 points place in heal/tact/ 8% damage, and 8% protection and resistances in armor plating + the attack buff from ranger.

Play as you would a ranger but replace quick shot with its tact equivalent, use narc torrent at 30% health alt between head shot for the proc's and occasionally the tact finisher to clear the stacks.

If something gets in your face physician attack and finisher melee, along with heal. Perfect survival build for low levels.

If your in a IA group this should buy you enough time for someone to heal you or get whatever it is off you...

If not too much, or two many mobs, it gives you a 20% improved chance to make it anyway if your playing a guy character or your in a group of jerks.

You may at least have time to also go for a potion and run, when it would have otherwise, been death in 5 seconds. You would have a few more sec to react.

I seem to instinctively get it perfect. The synergy is there. The tact shot even lowers the cool down on the ranger moves.

Its really the only good and useful ''rouge'' mix of souls in rift for this purpose, only ones that work well and dose not seem awkward, ill fitted and forced for the semi-solo play style earlier on.

I would advise ignoring trick shot, and its enhancers as a waste, and going for the blood raptor in the main soul as soon as possible.

Because of this trio of souls I think I'll stick with rift as my main game once more. Its decided. I love the two passive buffs you see.

It seems like with rouge, other mixes all somehow screw you over in a way, that you would be better off with just one soul, this validates the premise of rifts multi-soul system, at least in a very, small way, concerning rouge.

It dose not mess things up for the player at low level or the new player, I was amazed to discover it. I thought physician would in essence be more or less redundant and useless as well as silly for a rouge. I was wrong and glad to be proved so.

That soul Kind of reminds me of that mad doctor in yuyu Hakusho in some odd way, when used to heal self in attack, really cool.
    Last edited by Questoften; 03-27-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    The tact shot even lowers the cool down on the ranger moves.
    Not really, that is ONLY the legendary version, which is 65+, and doesnt count "leveling early on".

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Not really, that is ONLY the legendary version, which is 65+, and doesnt count "leveling early on".
    Says in tooltip, read.

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    Read.
    Hmmm, Why don't you?
    http://prntscr.com/ep41ot

Only a legendary bolt reduces cd of all skills by 1.5 second not the normal one, so you must be +66 cx

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Only a legendary bolt reduces cd of all skills by 1.5 second not the normal one, so you must be +66 cx
    Its still a great build for many reasons, and you do get that. Not meaning to be rude.

My leveling/grinding build as a ranger is 61 ranger, 11 physician, 4 assassin. The 11 points in physician gives me two at-will heals (good for healing myself during tricky aggro-juggling, or to keep my pig alive during heavy combat), an 8s cooldown damage + hot for myself, and assassin gives either +4% crit or +8% physical damage, depending on which one you prefer.

I could obviously squeeze out some more damage if I went with a soul other than physician, but having those heals (and especially the legendary of Urgent Care) allows me to take on all sorts of stuff without much trouble. The only downside is that ranger doesn't have a lot of really good legendaries, as the legendary pig is useless for a full ranger build, barbed shot isn't that useful unless you're consistently fighting multiple mobs, and divert rage is only a niche legendary. So I run with Ace Shot, Animalism, Urgent Care, and Virulent Poison as legendaries. Once I hit 70th I'm not sure where I'll toss my last one for this build, as none of the rest are really that impressive. Maybe the legendary pig just to give Urgent Care another 20%.

+ Reply to Thread