+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Onebutton

Thread: Does Rogue give any advantages to a Gathering character?

Soulwalker

Default Does Rogue give any advantages to a Gathering character?

My friend and I have been debating whether the Rogues stealth can be used to make the Gathering skills easier to use. I can not see how stealth doesn't give an advantage. He thinks it doesn't offer any advantage if mobs are close by. Does anyone have an opinion or builds you use to sneak in and get nodes in difficult places?

Yes, Assassin's stealth and Incapacitate.
    Use Bladedancer to AoE down all the mobs, or simply root and run Flash of Steel, Sprint, or Debilitates or stun, Disassemble and Disengage. Or use the IDGAF buff Side steps, and simply ignore the mobs.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 03-03-2017 at 02:07 AM.

Telaran

Default in short, ABSOLUTELY

if you choose to make a hybrid Sin/NB spec you can have perma stealth with slipaway plus 2!! forms of incapacitate, pretty OP when farming nodes in open world.
    Also while its not recommended you can hybrid the spec enough to do some very high bursty from stealth damage. I can wipe out a lvl 70 elite in 8 sec or so, I know they usually are dead before my stealth comes back up. so play around with it, you have both NB and Sin or a hybrid to work with. remember that its sin that has perma stealth in its tree
    ohh and I forgot,
    its also awesome when questing as you can sneak past 90 pct of the mobs instead of killin them all
    Last edited by hawkemoon; 03-07-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Dominator with mutiple insta squirrel spec is much cuter than a sneaky rog anyday!
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

I AM BORED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Yes, Assassin's stealth and Incapacitate.
    Use Bladedancer to AoE down all the mobs, or simply root and run Flash of Steel, Sprint, or Debilitates or stun, Disassemble and Disengage. Or use the IDGAF buff Side steps, and simply ignore the mobs.
    As you mostly have 1 mob parking on any resource nod (except fishing) everything what Huang..... said
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by hawkemoon View Post
    if you choose to make a hybrid Sin/NB spec you can have perma stealth with slipaway plus 2!! forms of incapacitate, pretty OP when farming nodes in open world.
    Also while its not recommended you can hybrid the spec enough to do some very high bursty from stealth damage. I can wipe out a lvl 70 elite in 8 sec or so, I know they usually are dead before my stealth comes back up. so play around with it, you have both NB and Sin or a hybrid to work with. remember that its sin that has perma stealth in its tree
    ohh and I forgot,
    its also awesome when questing as you can sneak past 90 pct of the mobs instead of killin them all

Any recommended build links you would suggest for this?

You could simply go full SIN (61 points) and be able to sneak, stealth, incapacitate and kill an enemy within a few secs. This is the simpliest by far method for gathering or even for farming artifacts. I would imagine! There are guides in the forums on how to play Sin, and which sub souls. I have my own special build I use for farming.

I might post it one of these days on the forums. lol.. But for the most part if you are farming, then you will most likely want to use Tact as an off-soul so you can get the curative ability for heals.. Makes life easier if mobs are beating on you
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Dying is easy. It's living that scares me to death"

+ Reply to Thread