+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Legendary Motif of Regen

Plane Walker

Default Bard Legendary Motif of Regen

Here is what I'm seeing.

-- If you use Power Chord to refresh motifs then Motif of Regen wont build stacks, it acts just like regular Regen.

-- When using a finisher Regen will not refresh after it has fallen off due to 5 stacks built and it timing down.

Anyone else see this ?

Yeah, Power Chord isn't refreshing. That might be because it simply applies them and doesn't actually refresh

As for the finisher, finishers do not apply motifs. Bardic Inspiration refreshes motifs so if you don't have any motifs up, there's nothing to refresh.
    Last edited by Artewig; 02-26-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    R.I.P.

Plane Walker

I don't mean initially put them up, the finisher is supposed to refresh them which is why you only have to put them up initially and the finishers refresh them. The finishers are refreshing the other two but not Regen after Regen falls off due to 5 stacks.

As far as power chord it was just an experiment, nobody would just keep hitting pc but if you stand at a dummy and hit pc over and over you can see Regen doesn't build stacks.

Interestingly, after Motif of Regen reaches 5 stacks, the only way to refresh its timer is by casting Power Chord, casting coda's would not grant Motif of Regen another stack which is why the timer would expire, while Power chord "casts all motifs" in one GCD.
    In simpler words, if you have selected Legendary Motif of Regeneration, you need to have power chord in your rotations, because codas (finishers) do not refresh Motif of Regen at 5 stacks but other two motifs. While Power Chord reapplies ALL motifs, it does not grant Motif of regeneration stacks but refreshes the timer of it instead.

However, there is a known glitch regarding this ability, sometimes when rapidly stacking motif of regens to 5 stacks. Virtuoso+Coda spams or casting power chord would have a chance to stack motif of regen up to 6, which then you won't benefit any instant heals after casting a coda or motif of regen. Also do not target a hostile target while casting Motif of Regeneration, it draws aggro even when it's not supposed to. (Not autoatack, just aggro)
    Hopefully this gets fixed before 4.1 .
    Last edited by huangchingho; 02-26-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Plane Walker

I can see how this works now since a finisher never triggered a new Motif it can't renew Regen after it has fallen off due to the stack timer.

In my mind this is badly designed and makes what was a flowing Bard rotation very clunky now without any real flow. Now that I understand that this is by design I'll try to work out something that works for me. This whole thing seems badly thought out to me.

It wouldn't be an issue if we had a 1 min cd that gives us 5 stacks of Motif of Regeneration. Maybe Legendary Riff? I mean I'm only using 3/5 legendaries in bardphys right now anyway.
    R.I.P.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    I can see how this works now since a finisher never triggered a new Motif it can't renew Regen after it has fallen off due to the stack timer.

In my mind this is badly designed and makes what was a flowing Bard rotation very clunky now without any real flow. Now that I understand that this is by design I'll try to work out something that works for me. This whole thing seems badly thought out to me.
    Maybe keyens is forcing us to use power cord because no one ever uses power cord.
    But yes basically finishers only refresh motifs, and since legendary MoR specifically said it cannot be refreshed at 5 stacks it will drop off.
    Powercord applies all motifs which is different than refresh I can see how it works this way.

I think this is either a DEV oversight, or Keyens wants us to use powercord in order to maximize healing.

+ Reply to Thread