+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue solo leveling spec SFP?

Default Rogue solo leveling spec SFP?

Hei peeps,

Just returned to the game after a long break over NMT.
    What spec is the best solo spec now? Had a RS hybrid in SL, so whats the goto spec now? any guides out there?

Didnt find anything updated on the guide section of the forums.

Thanks!

Rift Disciple

I would like this information as well. I don't have SB, but haven't seen anything really.

There is that Ranger spec I guess, but I've never been a pet fan.

Ascendant

Ranger is pretty slow.
    Solo leveling for me is full bladedancer with just your basic vampiric weapon buff x2.

Ranger is very slow but it's easy for people who just want to stand back and spam button and kill mobs one by one.

BD is a little different you pull multiple mobs depending on how well geared you are and how well you know your own character can take.

All other specs has very long wind up... so the only viable soul is IMO Bladedancer, and that's it. But if you don't mind leveling at about half the speed as other classes you can use 61 ranger.

Also if you are having trouble staying alive you can also use Assassin for subsoul which gives you leeching poison for moar heals. Or Tactician has an auto self heal when hit. Or Physcian...

But I only really play max aoe dps BD like you would in a raid as between BD's self healing finisher, your vampiric weapon leech as well as planar variation it's more than enough to even solo take down rare elites...
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 01-18-2017 at 10:58 PM.

To level go as already said bladedance 61 points 11 points riftstalker 4 points tact...first legendary after 66 take curative engine from tact use vampiric like already posted rest will be ez pz...very tanky great self heals.gl

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    To level go as already said bladedance 61 points 11 points riftstalker 4 points tact...first legendary after 66 take curative engine from tact use vampiric like already posted rest will be ez pz...very tanky great self heals.gl
    Yep, don't use ranger it's just too weak, I can see people used it when you get to spam 15 twin shots every 30 seconds but now it's just a very bad soul.

I leveled my mage to 70 using chloroharb (aka self healing aoe spam good ST dps).

I leveled my warrior to 70 using full champion/wl/temp (aka self healing aor spam with good ST and ranged for mob gathering).

I leveled my rogue to 70 using full BD (aka self healing aoe spam good ST).

I leveled my cleric to 70 using druid/justicar spamming wild strike with a farie caster with fae dispersion turned on pulling 4 to 5 mobs at a time (aka self healing aoe spam great single target)

see all aoe spam specs it makes it so much easier for leveling as well as for full clearing carnage quests.

It's too bad ranger isn't in the same league as druid dps wise ST or AoE. BibleThump.

Sorry for the rant

tl;dr
    Ranger is very bad use Bladedancer. Unless you hate to level faster than use ranger.

Fortunately Ranger is still viable as the world mobs don't have enrage timer.

Soulwalker

If you have Physician I run the following. It may not be completely optimized, but I could solo all new content with it. (occasionally playing smart to ensure you didn't accidentally pull to much). Still use it as my solo build. And probably not best format, but at work bored so maybe I'll type it up fancy later.

I prefer the ST route, as you control the field more, choosing which targets you want, and have great range.

Also, breaking it down with what I got, but its a standard MM build with Physician

Build: 61 MM/ 5 Phys/ 10 Ranger
    Can move some points from Wilderness Training in Ranger to Improved Urgent Care to allow you to heal more often if you really feel you need more heals.

Legendary Abilities (order that I would probably pick up):
    66: Calculated Shot - Doubles the tick rate for channels (for now just sentry battery, strafe, and crossfire).
    67: Rapid Fire Shot - Now a channel. Great burst at 5 point finisher with Calc shot Legendary buff.
    68/69: Either Urgent Care or Deadeye Shot, depending on health issues you have. Urgent Care heals instantly, then same amount heals over 10s. Deadeye shot now deals LESS damage, but it uses double your crit rate for chance at crit, and when it does crit it does x5 damage. Initially broken, does appear to crit at the appropriate rate.
    **NOTE - Urgent care becomes a SELF HEAL ONLY. So if you wanted spot healing for others, do NOT take legendary.
    70: Call: Razorbeast - Replaces a pet with a combat buff. Non-ranger damage and healing increases by 20% for 20 seconds, 30 second CD.

Buffs:
    Silver Tip Munitions
    Static Shock Munitions
    Ranged Combat Mastery
    Free Recoil
    Preventative Medication
    Predatory Instincts

Macros:
    Builder:
    #show Empowered Shot
    cast Call: Razorbeast
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Surgical Strike
    cast @self Energy Manipulation

Finisher: (*If you like to just spam stuff, and worried about killing Rapid Fire Shot channel, you can remove and micro manage it)
    #show Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Call: Razorbeats
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

AoE:
    #show Lightning Fury
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Chain Destruction
    cast Empowered Shot

Non-Macro Skills:
    Barbed Shot - Applies bleed, increases damage
    Bull's Eye - Increases crit chance
    Strafe - Channel ability
    Sentry Battery - Best channel ability
    Eradicate - Purge
    Deaden - Interrupt
    On the Double - Extra movement speed
    Urgent Care - Insta self heal + HoT
    Following are on bar, never really use them:
    Retreat - Jump backwards
    Static Shot - Root enemies in place
    Repelling Shot - Knock back enemies

Rotation:
    I try to micro manage the least amount possible for solo build. I don't care about maximising DPS. Pretty much do the following.
    Barbed Shot -> 1 click AoE macro (trigger lightning fury which gives debuff on enemy) -> spam until calculated shot goes off -> Bull's Eye -> Finisher until Rapid Fire SHot begins channeling (or manually trigger it) -> Sentry Battery - > Strafe. Make sure all channels finish.

With the above things should be dead unless if they are boss/epic mobs. At that point its just spam and finisher @ 5 points. Can get in 4-5 Rapid Fire Shots between Sentry Batteries. Want to try to ensure all buffs are ready for the back to back channels. Also make sure calculated shot is applied before doing channels.

Hit Q once you start taking damage after initial burst (heals to full, plus HoT). Always hit Q once I'm in combat to get me back to full for next mob.

Also, if move doesn't have a lot left and don't want to caste Deadeye, just be running while spamming Finisher and it will do the insta casts.
    Pretty straight forward if you have run a MM build.
    Last edited by SnipeGrzywa; 01-25-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamanos View Post
    Hei peeps,

Just returned to the game after a long break over NMT.
    What spec is the best solo spec now? Had a RS hybrid in SL, so whats the goto spec now? any guides out there?

Didnt find anything updated on the guide section of the forums.

Thanks!
    I actually plan to write a guide about this.. I have never done one before, but after i do, I will let you know through this thread or via a PM
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Not to disagree with the recommendations for a few of the melee souls - but what is a good ranged spec for leveling to 65? In other words ignoring any legendary abilities.

Tactician is good early on and perhaps all the way to 65 in IAs but the higher one goes the more clearly it acts like a support soul and support souls aren't the best solo levelers. I understand ranger isn't what it used to be - is marksman - something else - physician the way to go for a soloing ranged spec up to 65?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotea View Post
    Not to disagree with the recommendations for a few of the melee souls - but what is a good ranged spec for leveling to 65? In other words ignoring any legendary abilities.

Tactician is good early on and perhaps all the way to 65 in IAs but the higher one goes the more clearly it acts like a support soul and support souls aren't the best solo levelers. I understand ranger isn't what it used to be - is marksman - something else - physician the way to go for a soloing ranged spec up to 65?
    Leveling also implies surviving, so I would think Tact would be part of the soul lineup in all cases regardless of the spec used, even if ranged. That would be my play-style for safety, even if you end up doing a tad less dps! It has a very powerful passive ability for survival, which if dead = downtime for leveling.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotea View Post

I played a MM with a fair amount of Physician added for a bit while leveling in SF. It was...ok. Not terrible but still kinda slow. That said i ended up going with a blade dancer, tact build and it was easy mode after that. Add phys as a third soul if you die alot.

Soulwalker

I've been leveling as Assassin and it's working great (up to level 67 so far). Assassin has massive burst damage, so most fights are over in about 6-8 seconds. The stealth and incapacitate has been extremely convenient to speed up a lot of quest objectives (stealth past camps, incapacitate a guard and loot the quest objective he was guarding without having to bother with combat, etc). The vanish is a great tool as well to ditch agro, or run away if things are going poorly.

The spec is slightly squishy, and if I get a bunch of adds, I have to run away or risk dying, but as long as I don't blindly charge into a big pack, it works well and is a lot of fun to play. Bladedancer may be better / tankier, but I really dislike bladedancer playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzar View Post
    I've been leveling as Assassin and it's working great (up to level 67 so far)..
    Was about to say same the same thing. I recently returned after a long hiatus and somehow found my Rogue being my new main (duoed with my brother a bit). But when out soloing I spent quite a bit of time trying different specs (used to enjoy my Rogue tri-specced but quickly realized that is no longer viable in game). Long story short, I found both the Assassin and Marksman/Tact to be viable soloing builds.

Assassin is great with singles or even doubles (a couple get out of jail free cards if crap hits the fan) but gets squishy fast with multiple adds. The Marksman/Tact (61/15) I also found fun, albeit a tad slower against single targets, but much more survivability and better against multiple adds.

Just my 2 coppers worth after coming back to the game and finding what worked for my playstyle.

Happy hunting!

+ Reply to Thread