+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Expert super op tanks!

Default Expert super op tanks!

First we have this Riftstalker/Assassin hybrid that you can run through any mobs in all 3 dungeons without dying, then Slip away to lose aggro, so you won't have to die and mend souls.

45RS/31SIN/0MM

http://i.imgur.com/nmOk3UG.jpg

Charge like bull macro: (Keep tab targeting mobs in the front and spam it, Phaseshifts are 20m ranged, and Vapor Rush is 30m)
    Spoiler!

Mini-sustain macro that I use mid-way through mobs (ToA):
    Spoiler!

Defer Death + Planar Variation:
    Spoiler!

Slip away when destination is reached:
    Spoiler!

Second this is the Self-healing/Group healing Dungeon Rogue tank build (4DPS 1 TANK+HEALER):
    this build is very simple, you refresh Guarded Steel every 30seconds and spot-heal yourself when taking a lot of damage (Barrier Remote + Urgent care), or Phaseshift to self-heal when your taking more damage. Besides refreshing guarded steel, you would want to refresh Curative Blast and Curative Core. If curative blast is still up, keep spaming your builder/Empyrean Bolt to proc Restorative engine heals. (despite having 5 combo points)

48RS/28Tact/0Phys:

http://i.imgur.com/5QWuuRI.jpg

Teamsaver/Intercept macro: (They like to step in bads)
    Spoiler!

Spot-heal/shield macro:
    Spoiler!

Curative Blast+Curative Core
    Spoiler!

Builder Macro:
    Spoiler!

Make use of your teleports for self-heals (Planar rejuvenation): there's 5 teleports CDs, and these ones you can use as often as want:
    Shadow Assault, Shadow blitz, Flashback.

Flashback macro: (Double tap)(Memory capture on a second keybind just to avoid teleport to places you don't want)
    Spoiler!

Kalerts:
    Spoiler!

Screenshots: (Didn't take screenshots for ToA and IDD because meh, healer-tanks are so popular nowadays)

http://i.imgur.com/mstDqMf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rNUsZsT.jpg

Some tricks for IDD:
    First boss: use riftsin to run through mobs in stealth and when you;re near the boss, tell your groupmates to die so you can cota them. Use tactstalker, you NEED to drag the boss (2 adds) out, so you can kite them, DO NOT get hit by the aoe red, and you're good to go. Use defer death then PV if your really about to die.
    Wolf boss: don't let him cast the piercing howl, although I was able to heal through it with tactstalker, let him attack you first and then slowly drag him out of the light.
    Scarn Last boss, switch to full raid heals specs like 61 tact, phloromancer, bardphys.

ToA:
    Mobs: you have to be extremely careful and you have to fly through the mobs so you dont get the debuff or rather teleports are not affected, make use of your teleports and sustains then slip away.
    Gristlespit: turn the boss away from the group, either intercept +spot-sheild person (Aggressive Charge) or let him/her die, you would still need your cooldowns sub 10, boss does extra damage and could kill you.
    Pillar boss: you need to tell your teammates to aoe down the adds ASAP and avod reds.
    Lord Draveneaux: Pull the boss, intercept+spot-shield the poison ally, and tell you teammates to avoid AoE damage like scale breaker.

TC:
    nothing really special, run through mobs with Riftsin and tell your teammates not to stand in front of cleaves, interrupt is your job.
    second boss, just interrupt fungi cast, ignore the other one then no one would die.
    third boss: tell your teammates to stand out of bads.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 01-06-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Spoiler!
    cast @gtae is not needed for Shadow Shift. It's a self utility that doesn't actually interact with your target.

Spoiler!
    Putting Blinding Powder and Foul Play in the same macro is a waste of Blinding Powder. You should use it on ranged mobs that are not being hit, otherwise, it'll just break from your planar vortex or your next attack. Additionally, having to burn through a taunt, two defensive cds, and a heal just to debilitate your target is rather wasteful, especially since most of your targets will be immune to Foul Play anyway. Tanking is not something you want to sacrifice utility for convenience with.

Defer Death + Planar Variation:
    Spoiler!
    So you'd have to burn Defer Death every time you want to use Planar Variation?

With tanking, you can get away with mouse-clicking a lot of your defensive abilities. I'd say that's a much more reliable method than macroing them together. At that point you're just shooting yourself in the foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    cast @gtae is not needed for Shadow Shift. It's a self utility that doesn't actually interact with your target.

Putting Blinding Powder and Foul Play in the same macro is a waste of Blinding Powder. You should use it on ranged mobs that are not being hit, otherwise, it'll just break from your planar vortex or your next attack. Additionally, having to burn through a taunt, two defensive cds, and a heal just to debilitate your target is rather wasteful, especially since most of your targets will be immune to Foul Play anyway. Tanking is not something you want to sacrifice utility for convenience with.

So you'd have to burn Defer Death every time you want to use Planar Variation?

With tanking, you can get away with mouse-clicking a lot of your defensive abilities. I'd say that's a much more reliable method than macroing them together. At that point you're just shooting yourself in the foot.
    No, the first spec isn't a tanking spec, it's a spec to run through mobs then Slip away/stealth, so those abilities aren't going to be used anyway, might as well target a mob in front and cc them right? Defer Death is just personal preference, after the 50% shield is procced, then hit the macro again to use planar variation. I don't know how other people bind their cooldowns, but those are just to sustain a short period of time where you run through mobs then stealth and switch to the second tank spec (Tactstalker). The second spec is what matters, for fast experts. #whoneedsahealer
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-23-2016 at 02:31 PM.

No, the first spec isn't a tanking spec, it's a spec to run through mobs then Slip away/stealth
    I was just gona say the same thing but you point it out urself, ITS NOT A SUPER OP TANK, ITS A SUPER AGGRO-LOSING TANK! or whatever name similiar.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys MOM 7/9 NM COA 4/4 + 2 minis
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    I was just gona say the same thing but you point it out urself, ITS NOT A SUPER OP TANK, ITS A SUPER AGGRO-LOSING TANK! or whatever name similiar.
    I call it the super-selfish-let-your-teammates-die-tank-spec.

I call it the super-selfish-let-your-teammates-die-tank-spec.
    Just let them die! :P
    Pupueffekt@Laethys MOM 7/9 NM COA 4/4 + 2 minis
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Rift Disciple

Nothing beats a proper played 61 rs

Telaran

I still think that 40rs/36phys is the best. Sure you have less mitigation, no power of the planes, no taunt, etc...

But the satisfaction you feel when that pesky healer, who thinks he won't die cuz you need him and he's the only guy with a battle rez, mysteriously dies, is just too damn great. And when the top dps accidently dies with him, you rez the dps, laugh the healer in the face and finish the fight without the bastard.

Too bad there isn't much tank controlled aoe in them experts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Imalla Mjolln Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Alleja zaviel View Post
    I still think that 40rs/36phys is the best. Sure you have less mitigation, no power of the planes, no taunt, etc...

But the satisfaction you feel when that pesky healer, who thinks he won't die cuz you need him and he's the only guy with a battle rez, mysteriously dies, is just too damn great. And when the top dps accidently dies with him, you rez the dps, laugh the healer in the face and finish the fight without the bastard.

Too many "accidents" :P

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    Nothing beats a proper played 61 rs
    I am really curious about how you solo carry experts as a 61 rs. Do you not need a healer? Are your teammates going to stay alive while taking AoE damage? Are you/teammates able to run through mobs without dying?

I am just too skeptical with how you do all those things with a 61 rs which I am not able achieve.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-25-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleja zaviel View Post

The only reason to run tactstalker is because you don't trust the "pesky healer" and you will be the healer and tank at the same time, it's quite challenging, not only that it saves time, you'll feel great about it.

Rift Disciple

I am really curious about how you solo carry experts as a 61 rs. Do you not need a healer? Are your teammates going to stay alive while taking AoE damage? Are you/teammates able to run through mobs without dying?

I am just too skeptical with how you do all those things with a 61 rs which I am not able achieve.
    No and yes and i was even able to solo kill scarn after a low dps group got wiped when he enrages so to say.in 61 rs i only die when i want....but hey we cant all have same skill.And pls stop advertising ur builds and ur self as if they are reliable,we already had a grimgamer,he gone with is shty builds realy dont need another one.ty
    Last edited by bollesti; 12-25-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    No and yes and i was even able to solo kill scarn after a low dps group got wiped when he enrages so to say.in 61 rs i only die when i want....but hey we cant all have same skill.And pls stop advertising ur builds and ur self as if they are reliable,we already had a grimgamer,he gone with is shty builds realy dont need another one.ty
    Dungeon bosses have enrage timer now???. smh??? Who is the grimgamer, you?

I am so confused, can you distinguish a 61 rs build which is a raid tanking spec and a expert tanking build?

The expert tanking build is a healer-tank build (similar to 51arb/25fk/0archon), is it that hard to understand? You run a 1 tank, 4 DPS team composition for fast experts. We are not comparing reliability here, we are talking about productivity and some challenge you take while playing Rift, sure you can sit there as a tank, not contributing anything, enjoy whatever you like/do. Good for you, I am sharing a healer-tank build for those who wants to challenge themselves, enjoy innovative playstyles and wants to improve their level of skillcap.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-25-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Soulwalker

thats new , at least form last week scarm dont enrage he just reset after 20min of figth aprox..happened 2 times

Default Streamed all three experts with how to tank without healer as a rogue tank

As subject... Some pulls didn't go as planned, with boss bugged, people don't know mechanics, locked out etc..

https://www.twitch.tv/huangchingho/v/116757875?t=22m11s

IDD: 22:00 ~ 41:14

TC: 53:07 ~ 01:09:14

TOA: 01:10:00 ~ 01:35:28
    Last edited by huangchingho; 01-23-2017 at 07:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast