+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: New PTS Balance Pass for Rogue

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Ok, so looks like BD changes are set for now. BD > SB in single / dual target. And it's the best thing for <4 targets.

Jagged Strike are not spammable anymore, so Assborn and 61 Assassin should get their new rotations.

More Nightblade adjustments.
    Tested NBSin again maybe I am not doing it right but I can't seem to keep up with 61 Sin "at all" so I dont think NBSin is coming back.

Will play around with points and test revised assdancer later.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 01-17-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Seems the Era of BD is at long last arriving.

Long may it reign!
    Rogue

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by barrysneaks View Post
    Seems the Era of BD is at long last arriving.

Long may it reign!
    I miss my sabdancer from vanilla . Been A long time.

Spike x5
    Deadly Strike
    shrap x3
    detonate
    blade tempo
    weapon barrage for the extra lols in dps
    Elder tablet

?????
    profit 2400 dps pre \ early hk

The good old days!

Regarding BD- Really would love an oGCD skill similar to shadeborn that would be like "blade throw" and let your finishers be ranged. Think it could help on fights with a hideous amount of disconnect.
    Last edited by barrysneaks; 02-21-2017 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Gramz
    Rogue

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Anyone who plays rogue is going to feel a bit weaker because they have been severely overpowered for a long time.

No class had as much broken and overpowered specs as rogue in the last 2 years. NO CLASS. Unfortunately, Trion doesn't understand when they leave a class as broken for that long time their player base TOTALLY EXPECTS for Trion to keep Rogue broken in some way or another. #unbreakable mass stun

In my opinion Rogue will be more balanced and if most can't accept that it should be fine.
    Also, I would say rogue is not gimped at all. It is still better than other classes in many ways.
    If rogue is overpowered then u need to check yourself at a doctor...and fast...or other will belive it...

These days i belive it s not worthing to spend money on a game then few dozens players spam forums ... developers belive them and they nerf classes one after another...and me finding i ve spent hundreds of euro on toons i can use as toilet paper ... that s cheaper btw...
    So why spend hundreds of euro on subscriptions or packs if finally u ll become something that others playing different classes will laugh of ?... What will be the purpose of being patron ? ..what s the use of all those bonuses ? to rush to get where ?
    I think u re not able to understand the difference between ranged classes able to apply dot after dot and a class doing direct damage or doing melee...in a game like Rift where skill damage is stacked and applied at once...
    And most important dps is ST not **** aoe...we don t gear up to kill mobs or dozens of players at once in pvp...

This game got so many issues...i feel i have to give up...and people are posting to just protect their investment in game and ruin other's...
    I play rogue i play mage i play cleric...but a game purpose is to make u feel relaxed and have fun...not to jump from a class with +++ roles to another clas with +++ roles then another class with +++ roles...it s just ******ed...and in any case fun...and spend money on all of them...
    then someone come and say rogue is OP...then anothe rmage is OP...then someone else cleric is OP...
    I admire Trion for what they did...they did the right thing to burn classes to the ground and rebalance them...all of them...

I feel sick of it...
    Last edited by Amael37; 02-24-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amael37 View Post
    If rogue is overpowered then u need to check yourself at a doctor...and fast...or other will belive it...
    I'd be very careful about taking anything Aedynn posts seriously. Rogues have been the bottom DPS calling in these past 4 months.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-24-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    I'd be very careful about taking anything Aedynn posts seriously. Rogues have been the bottom DPS calling in these past 4 months.
    Yeah no (agreeing with Dark here), as someone who actively played all 5 until recently, rogues have definitely felt the most gimped since SFP hit. The only thing they've got going for them is SB, which is melee and only does great dps because of some legendary interaction shenanigans and is getting nerfed anyway.

I was so pumped for SFP on my rogue because some of the legendaries seemed really interesting and game-changing, but the dps just wasn't there for like any variant I tried. I guess ranger was pretty good for the first month or so, but even then it didn't compare to other classes.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 02-24-2017 at 12:07 PM.

I think they should change the name from "legendary" to something else post nerf. They certainly aren't legendary anymore.
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Yeah no (agreeing with Dark here), as someone who actively played all 5 until recently, rogues have definitely felt the most gimped since SFP hit. The only thing they've got going for them is SB, which is melee and only does great dps because of some legendary interaction shenanigans and is getting nerfed anyway.

I was so pumped for SFP on my rogue because some of the legendaries seemed really interesting and game-changing, but the dps just wasn't there for like any variant I tried. I guess ranger was pretty good for the first month or so, but even then it didn't compare to other classes.
    DPS wise rogues does 1 thing right, and that's BD aoe spam down trash so at least that's a redeeming points.

SB is decent but it has absolutely atrocious dps if a fight frequently disconnects and lacks of burst dps.

Ranger before the changes it was decent but even with its pre-nerfed status it was still behind properly played marksman, and marksman is already weak comparing to other classes "SFP standard".

The ranger change came fast and swift which is kinda surprising since there are still far more broken stuff that's still well and functioning on live. So it was likely a PvP change as people were having trouble dealing with ranger twin shot spamming them down.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    DPS wise rogues does 1 thing right, and that's BD aoe spam down trash so at least that's a redeeming points.

SB is decent but it has absolutely atrocious dps if a fight frequently disconnects and lacks of burst dps.

Ranger before the changes it was decent but even with its pre-nerfed status it was still behind properly played marksman, and marksman is already weak comparing to other classes "SFP standard".

The ranger change came fast and swift which is kinda surprising since there are still far more broken stuff that's still well and functioning on live. So it was likely a PvP change as people were having trouble dealing with ranger twin shot spamming them down.
    Although hundred blades will ease the pain, BD is going to suffer from disconnects too. Such is life of melee. I seem to recall seeing something though that gave me hope- was it an eternal armor piece that gave another 3 meters of melee range? Decent idea actually- make it 5 and its probably golden.

Just hope MM stays up a bit, but If we dont get decent dps ranged weapons(glances at eternal weapons >.>) its going to just fall further behind over the next who knows how long.
    Rogue

Although hundred blades will ease the pain, BD is going to suffer from disconnects too. Such is life of melee. I seem to recall seeing something though that gave me hope- was it an eternal armor piece that gave another 3 meters of melee range? Decent idea actually- make it 5 and its probably golden.

Just hope MM stays up a bit, but If we dont get decent dps ranged weapons(glances at eternal weapons >.>) its going to just fall further behind over the next who knows how long.
    Staying in melee is sooooo hard

I seem to recall seeing something though that gave me hope- was it an eternal armor piece that gave another 3 meters of melee range?
    Shoulders, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Rogue
    Marksman
    Legendary Free Recoil reduces the cast time of Deadeye shot by 1.5s. Empowered Shot ramps up faster. Now has a stack limit.
    Legendary Rapid Fire Shot - Damage increased dramatically (roughly 65%).

Shadeborn
    Legendary Void Touch now increases the Void Touch and Night Cloaked Blades damage the target takes by 15%.
    Tooltip for Legendary Strengthened bonds corrected to say penalties reduced to 15%.

Assassin
    Legendary Master of Poisons now also increases Assassin Damage over time effects by 60%.

Ranger
    Legendary Splinter Shot damage increased.
    Double Shot proc chance increased to 30/60% and restores 2 energy on hit.
    Legendary Ace Shot bonus damage increased from 150% to 300%.
    Legendary Animalism passive bonus increased from 65% to 80%.

It looks like proper play Marksman might take back some glory from the 1 button sabman.

Shadeborn is slightly nerfed. (I am pretty sure even with this nerf the EZ mode version will still be better than the proper play shadeborn)

Assassin buff isn't enough unless the 60% dot buff is multiplicative.

Ranger is buffed no comment since I don't really play it now.

Any comment welcome.
    Sooo basically only 61 points into assassin makes rogue melee dps'ers viable.

I don't suppose anyone is going to point out the BD dodge doesn't work most of the time and doesn't work at all against spell casting. Added to the fact Mages can 100-0 you with 1 skill.

Now fair enough I haven't played the game very long, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but does ANYONE actually believe that buff is going to do jack **** against a skill that can 100-0 you faster than your dot's can tick?

I don't suppose anyone is going to bring up the fact that when using "Slip away" you can still be seen in stealth if you are to close to anyone, added to the fact they can still damage you in stealth (BECAUSE you are targetable) added to the fact the 3 seconds where damage avoid breaking stealth with exception to "Hidden Veil" Those 3 seconds of damage immunity from "Slip Away" should also break target locks and make you 100% invisible for those 3 seconds. After which Slip Away takes over just for the damage portion of the duration but you can still be seen in stealth.

Now I've been told by everyone and their mother hybrid builds are not as well off as a 61 point build.

I repeat my question, "Does ANYONE seriously think that 60% buff is going to do anything?"

Note: Right now I've yet to see a rogue brag about scoring 300-500k dps in an IA. Some of the rogues I've talked to that use Assassin builds claim they MAY hit 120-150k right now. Assuming level 70 and geared.

Can someone please explain to me why rogue damage is buffed on a 61 point skill, while hybrid mages can 100-0 you with less than 61 points and only using one skill?

For those that don't know what I'm talking about here, this video kind of shows it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Y9ihsoDts
    Last edited by Ålicia; 03-19-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Ooh gonna need to split this one up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Ålicia View Post
    Sooo basically only 61 points into assassin makes rogue melee dps'ers viable.
    No, we still have Shadeborn and Bladedancer.

I don't suppose anyone is going to point out the BD dodge doesn't work most of the time and doesn't work at all against spell casting.
    BD dodge buff is a 50% chance, you arent going to see a 100% dodge chance.

Dodge has never worked against spells/magic attacks - You should probably read the tooltip for Dodge.

Added to the fact Mages can 100-0 you with 1 skill.
    You should pay attention to the class changes if you're going to complain

Now fair enough I haven't played the game very long.
    We can tell

and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but does ANYONE actually believe that buff is going to do jack **** against a skill that can 100-0 you faster than your dot's can tick?
    That combined with the other changes that you seemingly decided to ignore, yes.

Again - Read class changes

I don't suppose anyone is going to bring up the fact that when using "Slip away" you can still be seen in stealth if you are to close to anyone
    Thats how stealth has worked since forever.

added to the fact they can still damage you in stealth (BECAUSE you are targetable) added to the fact the 3 seconds where damage avoid breaking stealth with exception to "Hidden Veil"
    You could try moving away so they aren't within range of seeing you. Also using Cleanse Soul will remove any dots on you. Granted - If someone is channeling a cast on you it will finish the channel - But again, been around since forever.

Those 3 seconds of damage immunity from "Slip Away" should also break target locks and make you 100% invisible for those 3 seconds. After which Slip Away takes over just for the damage portion of the duration but you can still be seen in stealth.
    Slip Away does break target, they would need to either a) tab back onto you (in which case you were too close) or b) click you specifically (again, you were also too close)

Now I've been told by everyone and their mother hybrid builds are not as well off as a 61 point build.
    Thats true, Trion have always steered well away from hybrids (its been stated a million times before) as they are hard to balance around.

That being said, Assdancer will still perform well in pvp

I repeat my question, "Does ANYONE seriously think that 60% buff is going to do anything?"
    I'll repeat myself again, yes. Read. Class. Changes.

Note: Right now I've yet to see a rogue brag about scoring 300-500k dps in an IA. Some of the rogues I've talked to that use Assassin builds claim they MAY hit 120-150k right now. Assuming level 70 and geared.
    Then I feel extremely sorry for the rogues you know.

Can someone please explain to me why rogue damage is buffed on a 61 point skill, while hybrid mages can 100-0 you with less than 61 points?
    It wasnt just the 61 point that was buffed - But ofc you would know this if you actually read the changes

You'd also know that the mage "hybrid" (i say hybrid very loosely because its a 58point soul, not exactly much of a hybrid) is being nerfed

I just noticed your video that you edited in.

I have no words.

Again. READ. DODGE. TOOLTIP.
    Last edited by Maltie; 03-19-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys) ~ Anizia@Zaviel
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyens
    I can live with that
    Stop using Medicinal Leeching
    I needed something funny to link in my sig... so.... http://forums.riftgame.com/members/trionbrasse.html

Random stuff
    You're a level 67 dueling people mentored up to 70... Your video and those numbers are pretty much meaningless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast