+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: New PTS Balance Pass for Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Most MM buff came from GG Instant Deadeye Shot which hits so much more than hasted.
    I still wished they would've bump RFS damage more and drop empowered/DES damage to balance tho.

Hasted Shot will never get cast again unless for some weird reason you needed a sudden run speed boost in pvp or something.
    I honestly think one button sabman will faceroll harder than normal MM at least in PvP where the cleaves have 100% uptime.

Hotloaded Changes - 12/22/2016
    NOTE: Changes that are hotloaded will not be reflected in tooltips and will be lost of PTS is restarted without someone to manually hotload these changes again. They will be included in the next official PTS update.

ROGUE
    Marksman
    Legendary Free Recoil reduces the damage of Empowered Shot slightly.
    Legendary Deadeye Shot crit bonus reduced to 2x.
    Legendary Deadeye Shot damage reduced.

Assassin
    Legendary Virulent Poison - Damage increase reduced to 30% and 2 finishers.

Ranger
    Ace Shot no longer makes you take more damage while you have a razorbeast summoned.
    Legendary Ace Shot is now free when proc happens.
    So dimensions are disabled.

Here are some latest parses in foundry for reference:

Rangersab (61ranger/11sab/4sin):
    http://i.imgur.com/BeVVO0W.png

Nightblade (61nb/15ranger/0sin):
    http://i.imgur.com/WHC4TsA.png

Assborn (44sin/32sb/0ranger):
    http://i.imgur.com/O4BD5Ez.png

Shadeborn (61sb/15bd/0ranger):
    http://i.imgur.com/boOJaEM.png

Marksman (61mm/11ranger/4nb):
    http://i.imgur.com/tqzeLRE.png

Assassin (61sin/8nb/7ranger):
    http://i.imgur.com/32nXzL0.png
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-25-2016 at 08:10 AM.

rogue-ranger the bad soul less dmg, trion cut and cut all from rogue, my be for the future rogue will be delete that is trion dream , i feeling sorry but is true

ROGUE
    Marksman
    Legendary Rapid Fire shot damage reduced by 12%.
    Legenadry Deadeye shot damage reduced by 12%.
    Legendary Free Recoil causes empowered shot to have a 2 second cooldown.
    Rip Marksman 2017

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Rip Marksman 2017
    Rip rogue 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Rip rogue 2017
    im pretty sure these changes will bring MM's DPS further below the 300k DPS mark, probably 250-280k DPS, it seems that 250k is the generic DPS mark for ranged specs. Ranger>MM?

Ascendant

im pretty sure these changes will bring MM's DPS further below the 300k DPS mark, probably 250-280k DPS, it seems that 250k is the generic DPS mark for ranged specs. Ranger>MM?
    MM will be worse than it is on live probably around 260k to 280k
    Ranger with some crit rng might just beat Marksman.
    I don't know what Keyen's target dps is really it's very unclear.

I know tempest and RB both go well above 320k single target (from a credible warrior source) with reaver hitting at least 300k single target.

Warlocks with the previous 30% dot bonus on void barrage warlock was parsing 337k (achy's quote) overall in pure single target, and Keyens then buffed warlock dots by another 20% on top of the 337k so I expect warlock to settle at around 350k to 360k single target (using 50/50 split with and without DD), this is what Marksman sat at before this round of changes.

Pyroele is around 300k-320k which is far below warlocks now.

No clerics and primalists post any numbers so can't really say.

Nightblade, Assassin and Ranger are all still broken and still not viable.

Keyens are so out of touch with the reality with soul balance, I am starting to doubt him even play this freaking game.

Or maybe Keyens plays a mage judging by him nerfing pyroele down to normal dps (to shut us up) but then he put warlock right back where pyroele used to be so nothing really changed, other than RB is no longer the resident sleeper demigod and Warlock as the new pyroele.

I would love someone talk to ChamberDown as Keyens seem to balance rogue the way ChamberDown wanted him to, and this is the new rogue we are going to get.

Rogues still has no viable passive cleaving single target spec like shaman/dervish and all mage dps specs.
    Our only viable melee ST spec still can't deal with disconnect at all,
    Our range specs are again among the worst, marksman actually makes ranger looking pretty decent now tho .

ChamberDown you win I give up.
    At least this time huang didn't cause the nerfs..................

OR DID HE????????? *playing illuminati / xfiles theme tune*
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 01-11-2017 at 12:08 AM.

i don't like to speak for other classes AND parses do not really mean anything, but here's how much Post-buff tempest (ranged) can do, which is arguably 5-10% higher than post-nerf Shadeborn (Fully melee). Balancing is too much work, I just hope that there will be one viable Ranged DPS spec for each class, and nothing more.
    http://i.imgur.com/lFOL5Wq.jpg
    Last edited by huangchingho; 01-11-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Champion of Telara

Warlocks with the previous 30% dot bonus on void barrage warlock was parsing 337k (achy's quote) overall in pure single target, and Keyens then buffed warlock dots by another 20% on top of the 337k so I expect warlock to settle at around 350k to 360k single target (using 50/50 split with and without DD), this is what Marksman sat at before this round of changes.
    Please quote me correctly....Lucky I read almost all posts and threads so I can find where you're spreading the mage info.
    Warlock on PTS is doing about 377k which is what we figured out in that thread. That was AFTER the extra +20%.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Ascendant

i don't like to speak for other classes AND parses do not really mean anything, but here's how much Post-buff tempest (ranged) can do, which is arguably 5-10% higher than post-nerf Shadeborn (Fully melee). Balancing is too much work, I just hope that there will be one viable Ranged DPS spec for each class, and nothing more.
    http://i.imgur.com/lFOL5Wq.jpg
    260k mm vs 400k tempest we can still beat em if we get 80% crit and they hit the worst luck of their life.

Yea like I said MM makes ranger look good and that's our best ranged spec without any passive cleaving.

Shows how competent our class dev is. But oh well we can still spam hundred blades all day helping raid killing trash to get to bosses earlier.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Please quote me correctly....Lucky I read almost all posts and threads so I can find where you're spreading the mage info.
    Warlock on PTS is doing about 377k which is what we figured out in that thread. That was AFTER the extra +20%.
    Thank you for replying. Like I said you got an aoe ranged soul beating pure single target soul by over 100k and also beating a full melee soul.

Again shows how competent our class dev is.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 01-11-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Champion of Telara

Again shows how competent our class dev is.
    There's one dev that does all classes now.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

I honestly think these changes gave Marksman a decent spot in raids. (Equivalent or lower DPS than other ranged DPS specs from other classes). Now class balancing is in a cycle of overnerfing and overbuffing which will anger many players IMO.
    - instant Deadeye Shot
    - increased Legendary Rapid Fire Shot but slightly lower Empowered Shot
    - Empowered Shot ramps up faster (Since the damage is nerfed and it ramps up faster, limited stacks probably not needed)

Not going to comment on Legendary Deadeye Shot since it's a DPS loss comparing to other legendaries.

ROGUE
    Marksman
    Legendary Free Recoil reduces the cast time of Deadeye shot by 1.5s. Empowered Shot ramps up faster. Now has a stack limit.
    Legendary Rapid Fire Shot - Damage increased dramatically (roughly 65%).
    Legendary Free Recoil reduces the damage of Empowered Shot slightly.
    Legendary Deadeye Shot crit bonus reduced to 2x.
    Legendary Deadeye Shot damage reduced.
    Empowered Shot "slight nerf" should be like 10% instead of 30%. 2 second cooldown Empowered Shot AND 3 maximum Empowered Shot stacks basically killed Marksman and any other hybrids, it's so bad that I am scared to switch specs and even try to touch it. RIP

ROGUE
    Marksman
    Legendary Rapid Fire shot damage reduced by 12%.
    Legenadry Deadeye shot damage reduced by 12%.
    Legendary Free Recoil causes empowered shot to have a 2 second cooldown.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 01-11-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    There's one dev that does all classes now.
    Which makes it worse.
    Balance passes are done by the same guy yet one class has a dps target of 400k ranged while the other has 250k.

I am honestly speechless.

Champion of Telara

Which makes it worse.
    Balance passes are done by the same guy yet one class has a dps target of 400k ranged while the other has 250k.

I am honestly speechless.
    The target is not 400k. They're just not balancing very well. Why don't you spend some time picking on the classes that are doing 480k?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast