+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Lets Talk Nightblade

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    I mean hell because of legendary Dark Decent it made one of our talent lose 90% of its damage can't remember the name and can't look it up cause I'm at work but... We have a talent that causes Weapon dps as a DoT after every Finisher..... It became useless at least cause legendary Dark Decent to cause the DoT from Finishers to burst... instead of repeatable refreshing it before it could cause any decent damage.
    Lets Talk Nightblade-11.png

Yup, a twerk on 61pt might be needed.

Rift Disciple

I'm sure if I sit down and think about it I will think of more things that have been trivialized or down right negated because of the legendary Dark Decent...

You know what may fix our issues in NB
    1) Increased duration of emptiness if legendary Dusk Strike is chosen

2) Cause legendary Dark Decent to burst remaining duration on Fiery spike and Ignited Weapons.

At least these two thing would bring NB above Marksman while not making it OP from ranged. Nor will it cause some janky ridiculous hybrids to Pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    I'm sure if I sit down and think about it I will think of more things that have been trivialized or down right negated because of the legendary Dark Decent...

You know what may fix our issues in NB
    1) Increased duration of emptiness if legendary Dusk Strike is chosen

2) Cause legendary Dark Decent to burst remaining duration on Fiery spike and Ignited Weapons.

At least these two thing would bring NB above Marksman while not making it OP from ranged. Nor will it cause some janky ridiculous hybrids to Pop up.
    I wonder if they can make nightborn work, either a 61 NB/SB is fine. In nightmare tide, you barely lose any DPS while capable of disconnects, that was the only reason why people play Nightblade, and now that element is lacking. Also longer fights for execution DPS
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-14-2016 at 07:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

Legendary Dark Descent is just really badly designed. Should be completely reworked.

Some suggestions:

Normal effect + passively prevents finishers from consuming emptiness + fiery spike increases damage taken from the rogue by 5+% per stack. Easy but boring solution to make nightblade useful again.

Or normal effect + the 3 finishers deal 50-100% more damage and it resets cooldown of all other nightblade abilities.

Or 15s cooldown, causes next finisher to apply a buff for 30 seconds. Flame blitz applies one that increases fiery chains and weapon flare damage, scourge of darkness one that prevents finishers from consuming emptiness (this should really be base effect of legendary dusk strike but oh well), flame thrust one that makes dusk strike ranged and removes its energy cost.. something like that. Much more interesting with actual decision making but more work to create. Would also give nightblade back its identity from last expansion: Somewhat competitive st dps with good disconnects and cleave.

Really anything would be better than the current 70% finisher spam. If it allows nightblade to compete with our cone shaped health bar shredder that's a bonus.

Soulwalker

Sorry, deleting response due to posting wrong information.
    Last edited by Rylaar; 12-22-2016 at 06:29 AM.

Default suggestions

Please note these are just my suggestions I think, if done could benefit the whole soul and be more impactful in regards to how the soul is played today. Any percentages can be tuned accordingly of course

Legendary Dark Descent - 45s CD, next 5 finishers do not consume CP. After effect ends you deal 30% more fire and death damage and emptiness stacks not consumed for 15s.promotes actually using the souls abilities

Legendary Fiery Spike - make OGCD w/ 8s CD and up physical damage taken by target 1o 15%. It will also help make it a more relevant off soul choice for SIN, Sab, and BD main souls

Legendary Flame Blitz - base damage on legendary needs to be upped by about 25%. bonus effect if 5 stacks on target upped to 50%. this would keep it relevant before execute where blazing strike and flame thrust would over take it due to bonus and make this the preferred finisher if in melee over blazingthrust prior to 30% sub where you would want to change up using Blazing for execute bonus. Please note Flame Blitz also does not benefit from Nightrage buff provided by Dusk to Dawn which makes Blazing Strike and Flame Thurst hit 20% harder

Legendary Dusk Strike - reduce penalty from 15% energy per stack down to 10% (like normal)

Dusk to Dawn - Nightrage buff now applies to Flame Blitz

Melted Skin - increases dmg by 4%/8% (up from 3%/5%)

Scourge of Darkness - increase dmg of ability by 10/20/30/40/50% based off CP

Hellfire Blades / Smoldering Blades / Ebon Blades - now 50% chance to proc (make this baseline equivalent to sin poison proc rate)

Primal Death - applies to all Death abilities (changed from just Dusk and Primal strikes, we have death from the shadows, dusk to dawn, scourge of darkness, touch of darkness that would benefit from.. possibly promote some SB synergy)

Unstable State - increase values to 3/6/9% (up from 2/4/6%)

Fire and Death Attunement - add to existing your Fire and Death damaging abilities are increased by an additional 3/6/9%

Enhanced Weapon Enchantments - change to 30/60/90% (up from 20/40/60%)
    Last edited by arbaal; 12-23-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Rift Disciple

Arbaal those are nice and all but the suggestions tthat yout mention if implemented would bring Nightblades dps even lower. The only reason that nightblade is doing the somewhat bearable dps is due to the finisher spam.
    Honestly before they can even begin to adjust nightblade is to fix it's lack of identity, right now it's a Jack of all trades (ranged,melee,ST and AoE) but because the legendary abilities that other souls have received caused them to blow this Jack of all trades out of the water into a dark lonely death of un-usability.
    Once they have done something to the core Identity of Nightblade (change current AoE abilities into stronger ST abilities or something or other whatever they decide) then things can be adjusted to bring it in line with other souls or where ever the soul should sit with its toolkit that it may end up being left with.
    Personally I have always loved nightblade and the abilities and interactions its abilities have. But it needs to be fixed it is nowhere in line with other souls.
    Last edited by Anmoa; 12-24-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Soulwalker

The changes mentioned in this thread sound pretty decent in terms of making NB effective in PvE. I think a change to Dusk Strike that would help for PvE and PvP would be to make the legendary version apply 5 stacks immediately. If that screws with damage calcs and/or mechanics too much, maybe you could make legendary dusk strike have a range of 20m. This would greatly help with disconnect in PvE, and would make it far smoother in PvP where people are constantly running away/LOS'ing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2