+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Need a couple number crunchers to test something out.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default Need a couple number crunchers to test something out.

    Noticed that since last patch, crit power seems to have been nerfed in the butt, and the actual bonus damage from landing a initial crit dropped from 100%, to between 50% and 60%.

    Yes i'm a ranger, but despite 30% crit power, my twin shot crits are only doing another 40k over the 103k their saying they do. And yes, i also understand that armor does play a role in this. But. A base crit is 2x damage Or double. That's always been the case. Not 40% extra, but 100% extra.

    So what i'm asking here for others to check, is check the values of their damage via tooltip as they use them, and see if the numbers their doing for actual damage, equate to the above values.

    Because a 103k base 5 combo finisher, should not be doing a crit for 144k.

    Here's some numbers.

    103k base dam on 5 combo finisher.
    31.80% crit power bonus
    +100% damage by default (landing a crit, the big #'s in yellow)

    Attack power values, do not reflect anything towards this critical chance because all those values are added into the base tooltip reading for its damage at each combo point.. All i'm asking for is basic info, to see if others numbers, match up with what their *supposed* to be doing, within the rogue class.

    I should be critting for around 260k - armor. On same target, if i lose 12k / 100k, that'd be around a 29-30k loss on a crit. Or about 230k instead of 140k. Because ..

    A non crit at the same values, landed for 91k. Or 12k damage off.

    This was parsed on the expert boss dummy (62) in tempest bay. The levels don't matter because its not the target that is the issue. Its the values at the end of the attack that are. Keep that in mind.

    And with the above values, that'd be a 182k crit +31% more would be another 54k or so, or 236k crit. Where's this 144k crit crap coming from?

    Can you other rogues check your values as you parse stuff and see if your getting this same. I'd prefer to know if they messed with just the rogues crit power values specifically, or if this new change went in for everyone, without us being told of it. Does it seem like your getting the critical hits of a range that your supposed to be getting, or is it much lower, compared to other classes?
    Last edited by OldFart91; 12-09-2016 at 11:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Base crit (+0%, 0 cp) has always been only 1.5x your normal damage, not 2x.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-09-2016 at 11:41 AM.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    Base crit (+0%, 0 cp) has always been only 1.5x your normal damage, not 2x.
    Even at those values, Lyrine. 1.5x that'd be 18k phy dam off a 150k crit, which would be at that range. So where's the 31.80% crit power that i have being added onto it? Wouldn't that put it closer to 200k, instead of 144k?

    The only way that it would make sense is if they removed crit power entirely. Then the numbers themselves would match.
    Last edited by OldFart91; 12-09-2016 at 11:44 AM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFart91 View Post
    Even at those values, Lyrine. 1.5x that'd be 18k phy dam off a 150k crit, which would be at that range. So where's the 31.80% crit power that i have being added onto it? Wouldn't that put it closer to 200k, instead of 144k?

    The only way that it would make sense is if they removed crit power entirely. Then the numbers themselves would match.
    Here's how CP/armor interact. Keep in mind that there appears to be some sort of unintended armor scaling going on right now since SFP (there's some other threads talking about it), which may be throwing off the numbers.

    Base: 100k damage
    After Armor Reduction: 85k damage (15% reduction)
    Base Crit (0% Crit Power): 150k damage
    Base Crit after Armor: 127.5k damage
    Soft-cap Crit (40% Crit Power): 190k damage
    Soft-cap Crit after Armor: 161.5k damage

    The numbers seem to be roughly in line with what you're experiencing?

    Edit: to go into more detail, there seems to be some (not yet substantiated) talk about phys damage reduction being at 23% and scaling while non-phys is at 15%. Given that Twin shot is physical, it's more likely that this is affected by the possible bug than not.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-09-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    100k with crit should by your method, equate's to 150k crit then minus the armor value, so 132k crit. Given the mob i was hitting only cost me 12k from the 103k and read as a 91k hit. But with that in mind, and i run 31% crit power.. shouldn't it be alot closer to, lets see.

    After crit and armor reduction, but before crit power: 91k + 50% (45k from base crit) = 136k (crit) + 31% (+42k dam), puts it around 174k-175k after armor values have reduced it.

    After crit and armor reduction, if the initial value is calculated and stacked off the crit power base and the crit power from the player.

    Before crit and after armor reduction: 103k - 12k (armor) = 91k base hit. Crit +50% or Crit +81% with crit power added in = 73.7k from the 91k hit = total of 164k crit.

    If its adding crit power after the armor reduction that's one thing, but if its adding it on top of the base crit power from landing a crit, that's something else. And either way, the numbers aren't adding up. There's No physical resistances, that's what armors for, and its value has already been stated above, on that same target. By the 12k loss of damage, from a non-crit, on the same target, during the same spam of animalism with all the same buffs going at the same time.

    So where's this 140k - 144k damage coming from, having 2 different methods of calculating it out. With either the cp added in before, or after the crit value or added directly to it as a total modifier, it still comes out nearly the same. The difference is more than 10% in both cases. That's a good dps loss. At least for me. I'd like to figure out why its calculating more of a loss than should be.
    Last edited by OldFart91; 12-09-2016 at 02:36 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default

    You're overthinking it. Go hit the dummy. Look for a time when one twin shot hit crit and one hit did not (to rule out different buffs/debuffs whatever). Compare them.

    Hit: 49683
    Crit: 84670
    % increase = 70.4 = 50% base + 20.4% from crit power

    I have 20.90% crit power. So it's working fine. It's not exactly 20.9, but close enough given the built in damage variance (for example, two non crit twin shots will have slightly different damage even though they came at the same time.)

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFart91 View Post
    100k with crit should by your method, equate's to 150k crit then minus the armor value, so 132k crit. Given the mob i was hitting only cost me 12k from the 103k and read as a 91k hit. But with that in mind, and i run 31% crit power.. shouldn't it be alot closer to, lets see.

    After crit and armor reduction, but before crit power: 91k + 50% (45k from base crit) = 136k (crit) + 31% (+42k dam), puts it around 174k-175k after armor values have reduced it.

    After crit and armor reduction, if the initial value is calculated and stacked off the crit power base and the crit power from the player.

    Before crit and after armor reduction: 103k - 12k (armor) = 91k base hit. Crit +50% or Crit +81% with crit power added in = 73.7k from the 91k hit = total of 164k crit.

    If its adding crit power after the armor reduction that's one thing, but if its adding it on top of the base crit power from landing a crit, that's something else. And either way, the numbers aren't adding up. There's No physical resistances, that's what armors for, and its value has already been stated above, on that same target. By the 12k loss of damage, from a non-crit, on the same target, during the same spam of animalism with all the same buffs going at the same time.

    So where's this 140k - 144k damage coming from, having 2 different methods of calculating it out. With either the cp added in before, or after the crit value or added directly to it as a total modifier, it still comes out nearly the same. The difference is more than 10% in both cases. That's a good dps loss. At least for me. I'd like to figure out why its calculating more of a loss than should be.
    I wouldn't be surprised that legendary Animalism has some different calculations with respect to Crits and CP mixed in since they can't seem to get anything right. You should try to test it with some baseline parses without it.

    Edit: Also take out stuff like your synergy crystal and masteries.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-09-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts