+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What are rogues playing after the Nerf?

Shadowlander

Default What are rogues playing after the Nerf?

I am wondering what specs rogues been using after the patch on Dec 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
    I am wondering what specs rogues been using after the patch on Dec 1?
    Shadeborn

Assborn

Bladedancer (pvp)

Marksman

Assassin

Tact

Phys

Riftstalker

Bard/Nightbard
    Nixia@Greybriar

Shadeborn
    Bladedancer
    Tact
    Riftstalker

Same specs I played before the nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

What are rogues playing after the Nerf?-1123.jpg

Except Nightblade, can't find a proper way to make it work...
    Subpar specs: Assassin, Ranger, Nightborn, Saboteur, Tactman (Quite interesting, affected by Calculated Shot double channel buff)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-03-2016 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Attachment 29890

Except Nightblade, can't find a proper way to make it work...
    Subpar specs: Assassin, Ranger, Nightborn, Saboteur, Tactman (Quite interesting, affected by Calculated Shot double channel buff)
    When you refer to marksman, do you use 61MM/8NB/7ranger? I recall you showed an interesting MM variant using sab off soul putting calc shot on CD and ignoring swift shot (and hasted shot I believe).

As an answer to the thread, personally I havent played ranger except in the dailies and PvP since I hit 70. I mainly play MM in PvE.

My todo list is to learn BD, tact. Riftstalker.. But you know how it is; when the kids are asleep do I want to be alone with a doll the whole night learning rotations or do I want something more out of the evening?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    When you refer to marksman, do you use 61MM/8NB/7ranger? I recall you showed an interesting MM variant using sab off soul putting calc shot on CD and ignoring swift shot (and hasted shot I believe).

As an answer to the thread, personally I havent played ranger except in the dailies and PvP since I hit 70. I mainly play MM in PvE.

My todo list is to learn BD, tact. Riftstalker.. But you know how it is; when the kids are asleep do I want to be alone with a doll the whole night learning rotations or do I want something more out of the evening?
    LOL! my previous MM spec was for the lulz, Check out Bauum's Marksman guide, that should be the standard build, you want to stall for 2 Rapid Fire Shot during Call: Razorbeast burst block. Also two Calculated Shots before Hasted Shot (Consume Hasted Shot buff, x1 Calculated Shot, Consume Swift Shot buff before Hasted Shot, x2 Calculated Shot). MM takes a bit of time to learn, but it's definitely worth it.

BD is definitely a must if you want to raid or PvP, it currently does the highest sustained AOE DPS (in the game).

Therefore, if you're a raider (DPS), you should be good for the expansion with Marksman (61MM/11Ranger/4NB), Bladedancer(61BD/15Ranger/0Tact), Assborn(44Sin/32SB/0Ranger) and Shadeborn (61SB/15BD/0Sin), unless changes are made to these builds.

Healing specs:
    Viable Raid Healing builds (from strongest to weakest): Phloromancer(38phys/38tact/0Ranger), Bardphys(40Bard/36Phys/0Ranger) (Yes, insane heals because it didn't get nerfed), Phystact(44Phys/32Tact/0Ranger)
    Tank heals: Physician (61Phys/11Ranger/4SB) (taking Shadow Lash for the pull)

Supports: 61Bard (61Bard/15sb/0sin or ranger), DPS bard or Battlebard (48Bard/21SB/7Ranger), Bardphys

Tanks: 61RS/8Tact/7Ranger, 61RS/8Ranger/7Bard (Expert Tank), 61RS/15Tact/0SB (with pull, might be useful for raids)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-03-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Shadeborn
    Bladedancer
    Tact
    Riftstalker

Same specs I played before the nerf.
    /10characters

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Tactman (Quite interesting, affected by Calculated Shot double channel buff)
    Are you sure about that? I've tested it a few times, including just now, and there doesn't seem to be any difference between channeling with the Calc shot buff on or not.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    /10characters
    Just Curious, what does, "/10characters" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilmoran View Post
    Are you sure about that? I've tested it a few times, including just now, and there doesn't seem to be any difference between channeling with the Calc shot buff on or not.
    It affects Planar Variation, It's a "for fun" spec and is parsing lower than 61 sab.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
    Just Curious, what does, "/10characters" mean?
    Posts have a minimum of 10 characters to post so when you have nothing more to say, you can add that to meet the requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Don't for get Shadebard

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgen View Post
    Don't for get Shadebard
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5266702

It's not forgotton, it's just orafiler, on top of that oracle received a buff recently. No reason to play 61 Bard or DPS bard.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-05-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Ugh but it was fun!

Rift Disciple

Btw for a nice little tidbit for those wanting to play a nightblade build if you play 61nb with ranger and assassin off souls take the legendary for dusk strike,hellfire blades and dark decent then virulent poison and Call: Razorbeast. For weapon buffs use the one from nightshade that gives %damage increase (I'm not online and can't remember the buff) and instead of smoldering blades use virulent poison. I've found it to be a well worth dps increase and you still get the buffs from the soul tree for using the hellfire blades legendary. Good luck have fun
    Last edited by Anmoa; 12-05-2016 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Phone auto correct shenanigans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast