+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ranger legendary animalism nerfed?

Default Ranger legendary animalism nerfed?

I see they added a 60 second cooldown to legendary animalism.

Looks like ranger may be moving back to the shadows again. WIll be curious to see how much of a DPS hit this will be.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taristar View Post
    I see they added a 60 second cooldown to legendary animalism.

Looks like ranger may be moving back to the shadows again. WIll be curious to see how much of a DPS hit this will be.
    The nerf is quite insane. It's a nerf for the effect duration by 33% and a cooldown nerf by 100% for legendary animalism.

This just means the normal non-sab cheese 61 ranger is no longer competitive as full PvE dps.
    This also means the 61 ranger with sab will reign supreme, even more than before.

For the sab/ranger don't take legendary animalism. Someone can put this info in their ranger/sab guide asap.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-01-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    This just means the normal non-sab cheese 61 ranger is no longer competitive.
    This also means the 61 ranger with sab will reign supreme, even more than before.
    How does this increase the sab ranger effective more?

Just curious as I have not played ranger/sab yet
    Last edited by Taristar; 12-01-2016 at 07:34 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Not really it will just mean ranger wont be used cause, MM
    Last edited by Maltie; 12-01-2016 at 07:21 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Yeah, I am thinking about going back to MM for leveling.

Going to make a 2nd spec with physician for extra healing.

Ascendant

How does this increase the sab ranger effective more?

Just curious as I have not playes ranger/sab yet
    Not increase rangersab but the comparative dps difference between Ranger vs Rangersab is even greater now than ever before.

Hence there's no reason to play straight ranger when you can get DOUBLE the uptime AND 33% more effectiveness out of animalism spamming bombs by not taking legendary animalism...

So yea the full phrase is Rangersab will be much, MUCH higher than before comparing to straight 61 ranger after this nerf.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-01-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Ascendant

Yeah, I am thinking about going back to MM for leveling.

Going to make a 2nd spec with physician for extra healing.
    MM has windup time now if you want to play it properly which has proven to be quite ******ed for leveling.

edit: also for leveling just play rangersab or BD hybrid if you know what you are doing or even NB hybrid. The ES windup time for MM is super stupid for leveling.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-01-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Not increase rangersab but the comparative dps difference between Ranger vs Rangersab is even greater now than ever before.

Hence there's no reason to play straight ranger when you can get DOUBLE the uptime AND 33% more effectiveness out of animalism spamming bombs by not taking legendary animalism...

So yea the full phase is Rangersab will be much, MUCH higher than before comparing to straight 61 ranger after this nerf.
    Is there a current guide for the Ranger/Sab build.

I see one that is a google docs link but don't know if thats the one folks are using.

Champion

I mean, ranger is pretty much dead on the whole now. With the animalism nerf, rangersab will be higher dps again sure, but MM / Sin / Shadeborn blow either of them out of the water because their legendaries yield a lot more dps. These specs were still ahead of ranger before the nerf, but now the gap is so wide it doesn't even make sense to use ranger at endgame for anything.

It's probably the easiest spec for questing still, though I'm glad I got my rogue to 70 before they made this change.

The nerf is quite insane. It's a nerf for the effect duration by 33% and a cooldown nerf by 100% for legendary animalism.

This just means the normal non-sab cheese 61 ranger is no longer competitive as full PvE dps.

For the sab/ranger don't take legendary animalism. Someone can put this info in their ranger/sab guide asap.
    Ranger legendary animalism nerfed?-11.jpg

Rangersab= around 200k, Normal Ranger pre-nerf= ~280k
    I tried rangersab after checking the patch notes, but nope, the dps is way too low, as low as the battlebard build We talking about a ~30% nerf here, but I think ranger will still be alright for soloing (when you need the boar to tank something)

For competitive DPS builds, probably 61sb/15bd , MM, Assborn, and Bladedancer for AOE.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-01-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Ok, just tested post-nerf Ranger.

61Ranger/15sin/0tact does similar damage comparing to Rangersab (61Ranger/11sab/4sin), but rangersab has some sort of splash damage that can be useful even when soloing..

Although Burst is still fine if you were to take Animalism Legendary. Whereas, Rangersab does more sustained DPS, and 61Ranger/15sin/0tact DPS fluctuates quite a bit due to Animalism nerf.

TL;DR pls go for MM, Bladedancer, Assborn, or Shadeborn .
    Last edited by huangchingho; 12-01-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Champion

This went way overboard. I can't help but feel this was a sop to the 25 people who take PvP seriously in a tab target MMO.
    Last edited by Cladari; 12-01-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Well it was nice having ranger around for a while.

So someone correct me if I'm way off here but without parsing it I'd say standard Animalism (40% increase 50% of the time) is now better than Legendary (40% increase 17% of the time with some combo point spam thrown in).

I'm sure their solution to this will be to just nerf standard Animalism. LOL

shp
    Champion

Yep, as it stands now, legendary animalism is worse compared to non-legendary.

Rangers get thrown a bone for a few days before their hopes for a viable competitive class spec gets destroyed again. Once again its back to standard same old same old MM...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast