+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By shp
  • 2 Post By Bishoujo
  • 1 Post By Nurakai

Thread: SFP Rogue levelling spec?

Question SFP Rogue levelling spec?

So, I'm trying to sift through all of this info as a new(ish) player but it's a bit overwhelming for now. I'll get used to it I suppose.

For now, I want to discover a spec to help me level through SFP content doing mainly questing.

I'd like the spec to result in a resilient ranged dps that uses a pet. I'd like to include a drop combat option if available.

However, I'd be willing to sacrifice the pet for any resilient (either through exit combat options or buffs) high dps build if it resulted in a noticeable dps increase.

What are your suggestions?

shp
    Champion

61 ranger with tanking pet works just fine. If you're still concerned about survivability, you can put 8 points into riftstalker, 4 into tactician. You won't die ever.

Hey,
    you cant have a nice dps, a nice pet to tank for you and save your life, and a drop combat option at the same time.
    Pet is on for ranger, ranged dps soul. drop combat goes to Assasin, melee soul with stealth and stuff.
    these are your choices for builds as levelling,
    if you have Physician soul, you might wanna go 61 Ranger 15 Phys 0 bladedancer, you get a load of heals on this build close to make you rather invincible, any time you do a finisher, your pet gets healed over some time, which at times might not be helpful enough, you got Active treatment, Urgent care and maintenance Therapy from Phys tree to heal your self/pet when needed.
    also always have preventive medication up for free shieldings every 20 secs, and side steps for dodge from BD
    legendaries:
    66) animalism 67) divert 68) maintenance 69) side steps 70) Ace shot

If you got tact but not Phys, or just dont wanna go with Phys, try 61 Ranger 8 Tact 7 Bladedancer, activate Curative engine from tact tree, it gives you enough self heals along with your pet's Spirit of the Wilderness to keep yourself up.
    you can also use necrotic core/torrent whenever you got more than a few enemies around, alongside with your rain of arrows (rain doesnt allow movement, torrent does).
    and side steps from BD for the extra dodge if needed.
    legendaries
    66: animalism 67:engine 68: divert rage 69: side steps, and by 70, ace shot

if you dont have any of the given souls, go 61 Ranger 12 Sin 3 RiftStalker, you get stealth from Sin, a useful 10 sec confuse, and Leeching poison which heals you when it procs.
    along with a forward tp from rift stalker
    legendaries:
    66) animalism 67) divert 68) virulent poison 69) ace shot 70) shadow shift (on this build cant actually find a nice 5th legendary to pop on, just use shadow shift if you need to do some extra damage)

(On all the builds you can replace Ace shot with Splinter shot if you think the extra aoe damage will help, I personally didnt.)

(p.s: for a thorough knowledge of 61 ranger, check on Gery's ranger guide, bit old but still helpful enough, not with the legendary stuff tho)

Enjoy, hope it was helpful ^^
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 11-29-2016 at 05:06 AM.

Rift Disciple

If you want a drop combat build, I leveled as assassin 61, ranger 8, physician 7. This will give you slip away for dropping combat and permanent stealth. At lvl 66 put your legendary point into urgent care and you get a fairly good self heal when you combine it with enduring brew from assassin. This is a single target build though. ��
    Last edited by Chops13; 11-29-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Plane Touched

can anyone please kindly share a build for aggroing multiple targets and putting them to the ground quickly with good aoe and good survivasbility??

Rift Disciple

Me and a guild mate came up with a build that was tiftstalker/bladedancer/physician. Can take lots of damage, had self healing, and does AE dmg ... I wouldn't say it's 'fast' though ... You sacrifice a lot of DPS when picking up survivability. It's a decent farming spec though. I can't remember every point distribution at this time. Something to play around with for you ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Hey,
    you cant have a nice dps, a nice pet to tank for you and save your life, and a drop combat option at the same time.
    Pet is on for ranger, ranged dps soul. drop combat goes to Assasin, melee soul with stealth and stuff.
    these are your choices for builds as levelling,
    if you have Physician soul, you might wanna go 61 Ranger 15 Phys 0 bladedancer, you get a load of heals on this build close to make you rather invincible, any time you do a finisher, your pet gets healed over some time, which at times might not be helpful enough, you got Active treatment, Urgent care and maintenance Therapy from Phys tree to heal your self/pet when needed.
    also always have preventive medication up for free shieldings every 20 secs, and side steps for dodge from BD
    legendaries:
    66) animalism 67) divert 68) maintenance 69) side steps 70) Ace shot

If you got tact but not Phys, or just dont wanna go with Phys, try 61 Ranger 8 Tact 7 Bladedancer, activate Curative engine from tact tree, it gives you enough self heals along with your pet's Spirit of the Wilderness to keep yourself up.
    you can also use necrotic core/torrent whenever you got more than a few enemies around, alongside with your rain of arrows (rain doesnt allow movement, torrent does).
    and side steps from BD for the extra dodge if needed.
    legendaries
    66: animalism 67:engine 68: divert rage 69: side steps, and by 70, ace shot

if you dont have any of the given souls, go 61 Ranger 12 Sin 3 RiftStalker, you get stealth from Sin, a useful 10 sec confuse, and Leeching poison which heals you when it procs.
    along with a forward tp from rift stalker
    legendaries:
    66) animalism 67) divert 68) virulent poison 69) ace shot 70) shadow shift (on this build cant actually find a nice 5th legendary to pop on, just use shadow shift if you need to do some extra damage)

(On all the builds you can replace Ace shot with Splinter shot if you think the extra aoe damage will help, I personally didnt.)

(p.s: for a thorough knowledge of 61 ranger, check on Gery's ranger guide, bit old but still helpful enough, not with the legendary stuff tho)

Enjoy, hope it was helpful ^^
    Thanks so much for this post! And everyone else thank you also.
    I should have added I have no premium content, so I don't have Physician or Tactitian etc.
    So, I went with your Ranger, Assassin, Riftstalker build and so far it's offered some extra utility I didn't have before so thank you.

I think for my second role, I'll try a melee DPS build. To be honest, the pets are nice but can be a bit buggy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurakai View Post
    Thanks so much for this post! And everyone else thank you also.
    I should have added I have no premium content, so I don't have Physician or Tactitian etc.
    So, I went with your Ranger, Assassin, Riftstalker build and so far it's offered some extra utility I didn't have before so thank you.

I think for my second role, I'll try a melee DPS build. To be honest, the pets are nice but can be a bit buggy at times.
    Happy to have been of help

If you mean the pet staying its ground and not doing the slightest thing around, its a bug since long ago which "apparently" is too hard to fix.

You need to have a "petfollow" at the top of your spam macro and a "petattack" at the bottom, like

#show quick shot
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Petfollow
    Cast quick shot
    Petattack

I myself have a totally different macro just being
    Petfollow
    Petattack

Since being a soloing fan, at times i need to have enemies apart from each other for various reasons
    If you want a melee levelling build, i suggest you go with this build
    (Not saying it's the best build ever, just what I'd choose if i ever wanted to go melee rogue levelling.)
    If you want to push the dps a bit while soloing, choose malicious, lethal, and virulent poisons,
    If surviving, malicious, enfeebling and leeching poison.
    Other buffs: predatory instincts from ranger, planebound resilience from rift stalker.

You get handful of utilities from Sin itself, enduring brew is one of your good friends.
    A bit of extra health and damage reduction from rift stalker and ranger, plus some lil heals when you kill an enemy (rift stalker tree)
    And try throwing a phantom blow (RS) in your spam macro as the damage taken reduc can help you survive bit more.

Pro tip: getting tact soul makes your leveling life heck easier

For some Sin stuff visit
    Cookiez's sin guide for an overal knowledge of sin stuff.

Just change the builder macro to
    #show backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    Cast phantom blow
    cast savage strike

Note, the topic above is outdated for starfall dps and you should go for Anizia's 4.0 Sin
    You still might find a better suggestion, this is mine and hope it helps
    Enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread