+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dinhcara

Thread: 4.0 Starfall Prophecy Marksman Rogue DPS Build

Shadowlander

Default 4.0 Starfall Prophecy Marksman Rogue DPS Build

Hello!

I have seen all of the recent requests for an updated Marksman build for Rogue DPS, and I have tried a few of the posted builds so far. This has been by far my most successful build. I have never been a fan of large macros, and I have come up with build that uses very little macros.

DISCLAIMER: This build is not macro heavy, and requires a bit of concentration with watching cooldowns and casting in between global cooldowns. If this is something you have trouble doing, I would not recommend this build.

Build and Gear Setup:

http://imgur.com/a/Lu2HZ

Video of DPS Parse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaPCskgX1k

Macros:

Single Button Buffs
    Spoiler!

Finisher
    Spoiler!

Rotation

The rotation for this build settles in very nicely after the opening sequence and is mainly about casting as many Empowered Shots as you can and keeping up Barbed Shot and the buff from Legendary Fiery Spike. I also focus on getting to 5 stacks of Empowered Shot CD reduction as quickly as possible with only needing to cast it twice.

Opener: Starting with 5CP Empowered Shot(ES) -> Calculated Shot(CS) -> Buffs Macro Spam -> 5CP -> Rapid Fire Shot(RFS) -> Fiery Spike(FS) -> ES -> 5CP -> Hasted Shot(HS) -> Sentry Battery(SB) -> 5CP -> HS

This leads to settling in to the main rotation of the build. You should be able to get 3 Hasted Shots off in between RFS if everything goes well. Sentry Battery is used on CD as much as possible and buffs are re-cast as soon as they are available.

Rotation: ES -> Lightning Fury(LF) -> ES -> BS -> ES -> Finisher -> ES -> CS -> ES -> Swift Shot(SS) -> ES -> Finisher -> ES -> CS -> ES -> SS -> ES -> Finisher

Notes on Rotation: If RFS is the finisher used, I cast FS -> ES to get back up to 5CP and continue with the normal rotation. I only keep FS up for the damage buff and not for the actual damage it does. This allows you to keep up the FS buff without having to limit your DPS. I also only ever have a cast bar for ES three times with the first time being the opening shot. You can minimize your downtime due to cast bars this way.

You can find me on Dinhcara@Wolfsbane or you can post here. I am always open to suggestions for improvement, and would be willing to try things out to see how they work.

Edit: Edit: So far my testing hasn't showing any major differences in DPS between the two choices in the NB tree. It seems to only be 5k DPS either way depending on critical hit rate and where those critical hits fall.
    Last edited by Dinhcara; 12-06-2016 at 03:06 AM.

Shadowlander

Nice! Good to see so many different ways to play this successfully, looks good man!
    -Dirtyroge@Greybriar-

CP ability damage over atp/wdamage?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgen View Post
    CP ability damage over atp/wdamage?
    This is something I've been playing with for this build. I'm not convinced one way or the other which is better. Hopefully I can come up with something definitive in the future.

Edit: So far my testing hasn't showing any major differences in DPS between the two choices in the NB tree. It seems to only be 5k DPS either way depending on critical hit rate and where those critical hits fall.
    Last edited by Dinhcara; 11-28-2016 at 12:04 PM.

My English is not good. Am only lvl 67, I have strengthened with me Rapid Fire Shot and Splinter Shot. Why did you take Fiery Spike and Razor Beast ?

I am currently playing a 61 Ranger, 4 Nightblade, 11 Saboteur and have these macros, do they go as well?

Spam
    Code:
    #show Empowered Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Energy Manipulation
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Strafe
    Finish
    Code:
    #show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Bull's Eye
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Hasted Shot
    Präfinish
    Code:
    #show Deadeye Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Hasted Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot
    Do you have something for the 61 ranger? If it does not matter to you so you can write it also in German, because the translate is very difficult for me. Thank you so much

https://abload.de/img/2016-11-30_2151040doal.jpg

https://abload.de/img/marksmanriftnpx16.jpg
    Last edited by Ceserea; 12-01-2016 at 05:39 AM.

Have you weighed up taking Planar Variation over Energy Manipulation?

It seems like PV is affected by the Calculated Shot buff.
    Slyfin@Greybriar | Tarsiel@Laethys

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfin View Post
    Have you weighed up taking Planar Variation over Energy Manipulation?

It seems like PV is affected by the Calculated Shot buff.
    I hadn't considered this one, however, it appears that it is only slightly better than strafe for channeled damage. Strafe is a DPS loss in this marksman build, I will have to see how this ability fares. My hopes are not high for it though.

Reading on the forums about MM I see people not mentioning Lightning strike(?). Is it obsolete nowadays?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Covered by to many other builds.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgen View Post
    Covered by to many other builds.

Could you please provide something a bit more constructive to your comment? I've since updated my rotation to include Lightning Fury for the improved armor reduction (though in a raid setting it may be less than ideal due to over-writing abilities) This inclusion, along with improved rotations and gear has upped my DPS to about 340-350 on dummy.

The only other build I've seen that is similar is Bauum's 61MM list which is identical. He prefers to put everything in to massive macros and I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinhcara View Post
    Could you please provide something a bit more constructive to your comment? I've since updated my rotation to include Lightning Fury for the improved armor reduction (though in a raid setting it may be less than ideal due to over-writing abilities) This inclusion, along with improved rotations and gear has upped my DPS to about 340-350 on dummy.

The only other build I've seen that is similar is Bauum's 61MM list which is identical. He prefers to put everything in to massive macros and I do not.
    I think their post was in response to the previous post asking about Lightning Fury, not in response to your thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I think their post was in response to the previous post asking about Lightning Fury, not in response to your thread.
    Yes, it was thanks

Soulwalker

great spec can u tell me ur macros pls so i can make them thx

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fydon View Post
    great spec can u tell me ur macros pls so i can make them thx
    This guy doesn't really use macros.

+ Reply to Thread