+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darwen

Thread: Let's talk about Ranger Legendary

Soulwalker

Default Let's talk about Ranger Legendary

I want to talk about the Ranger legendary power because they have some issue (other soul legendary power have issue too but since this is our main ranged soul it should be important that the gameplay feels very smooth).

-Legendary Call: Razorbeast it's not mean to be used with full Ranger (that's fine)

-Legendary Splinter Shot it's fine but situational, you shouldn't take this in every build but that's ok

-Legendary Divert Rage has some problem, before it was an ability with an automatic target (the pet) so you could use it manually or macro it with no problem.

Edited: since "cast @pet Divert Rage" work
    Now you have to target a friendly unit (other player or pet) to cast it but it doesn't work in macro, don't know why; i have tried "cast @focus Divert Rage" with my pet (or an other player) in focus and it doesn't cast the ability if you have an hostile target, however it cast it if you don't have any target (but in a dungeon or raid you shuld always have an enemy in target) the only way to make it cast reliably is to use a macro with:

target [petname]
    cast divert rage
    target @lasttarget

This work but if the pet dies and you try to use the macro you start switching target repeatedly.

One problem with this ability is that is not an off GCD abilty so you have to use a GCD to cast it, resulting in a less smooth gameplay for the soul, since the main use of the abilities it's for the buff (since threat is usually a non-issue) could we not make it like off GCD like other buff? We should take the old Incriminate as an example which was off GCD and worked with no problem in macro.

Furthermore the abiliy it's grayed out when you're in combat and you have an hostile target making it impossible to track the ability cooldown (since legendary abilities don't work in Karuul Alert).

-Legendary Ace Shot has some issue too: it doesn't proc a GCD but it's not off GCD making it very clunky to use, you have to wait for the GCD to expire and cast it and immediately cast an other abilities, causing you to loose the rhytm (which is very important for the rogue class) and often causing you to cast it multiple time in succession.
    Making the proc off GCD would solve the problem and wouldn't make the ability stronger, just the gameplay would feel better.

The other problem is the very low proc rate of the abilities, often you can not proc the ability even for 30 second and since ace shot main use it's for the debuff on the enemy the ability it's in a weird spot:
    you have to use it without the proc because otherwise the debuff expire, so the legendary version doesn't help maintaining the debuff, and the proc it's so rare that even with 150% bonus the damage increase it's very low (with the GCD problem often make you loose dps by casting the wrong ability), so the legendary version doen't help the dps either.
    I would suggest to increase the proc rate and lower the damage bonus so the debuff could be maintained easily only with the proc, and i suggest to make it off GCD (only the proc).
    That would help giving a better identity to the ability.

-Legendary Animalism it's a very strong abilty and i love it, but it has some serious problem:
    first the 5cp gain per second break the rhytm of the gameplay since the gain it's based on when you cast animalism (and you cast animalism off the GCD).
    If you use it and cast Twin shot in succession you immediately notice it: since there 's some macro lag, and latency lag, at the start you gain 5cp between twin Shot, at the end you gain it immediately before casting Twin Shot.
    That make hard to know when to exaclty cast the spell by watching the skull.

Legendary Dark Descent it's an ability that work in a similiar way but it's implementation it's much smoother: immediately after casting a finisher you refund 5 combo point so the rhytm of the gameplay it's preserved.
    Furthermore the other issue that i have with Legendary Animalism is the poor sinergy with ace shot: ace shot debuff it's 15 second, so is the duration of Animalism, and during Animalism you would want to cast only Twin Shot, that mean that unless you cast ace shot immediately before Animalism you would have some time without the debuff on the enemy and even if you cast it before, with ability lag and travel time of the arrow often the last twin shot doesn't get covered.

That make the gameplay worse since you could be in the situation that you have to cast ace shot at 5 combo point to refresh the debuff during animalis.
    This problem could be solved if legendary ace shot was changed like i said before so you could cast the proc off GCD and you have a good chance to get a proc during the 15 second of animalism.
    So my last suggested change for Animalism s to make it like the second part of Legendary Dark Descent so it refund combo point after a finisher instead of gaining combo point random between GCD and to change Legendary Ace Shot together, improving the sinergy between the two abilities.

Sorry for the not so perfect english and thanks for the attention.
    Last edited by Darwen; 11-20-2016 at 05:16 PM.

cast @pet divert rage

/10 Chars
    Last edited by huangchingho; 11-23-2016 at 08:07 AM.

Soulwalker

Well, Legendary Ace Shot is not working at this time. I can't macro it to anything, I've tried both Ace Shot & Legendary Ace Shot in the macro and none will fire Legendary Ace Shot on proc. Its proc'ed as Passive instead of an ability and like the OP stated, Ace Shot sometimes doesn't proc for more than 30 sec, isn't the whole idea behind the proc is to have Ace Shot debuff of 8% up the whole time? Please fix this

Experience - you can't buy it, but will sure pay for it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmaba View Post
    Well, Legendary Ace Shot is not working at this time. I can't macro it to anything, I've tried both Ace Shot & Legendary Ace Shot in the macro and none will fire Legendary Ace Shot on proc. Its proc'ed as Passive instead of an ability and like the OP stated, Ace Shot sometimes doesn't proc for more than 30 sec, isn't the whole idea behind the proc is to have Ace Shot debuff of 8% up the whole time? Please fix this
    The problem is that when it does proc, it does not cause a GCD, but it is still ON GCD, meaning that you have to wait until your GCD is completely done before you can use it. This means it cannot be macro'd.

It also makes the entire concept counter-productive. By the time you wait to make sure the GCD is done and use it then cast something else, it effectively has already delayed your "rotation?" of twin shot spam enough to pretty much account for a GCD anyway. I assume the concept of making it not have a GCD was to give you the chance to fire it off in the middle of your animalism twin shot spam without sacrificing a twin shot. The concept failed entirely.

As it is you are probably best served casting ace shot very last thing before hitting animalism and just ignoring any procs until your short build phase.
    Last edited by DarkEternis; 11-23-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmaba View Post
    Legendary Ace Shot is working as designed 100%.
    The mechanics of it I posted in a different thread and I will shamelessly post it here.

"The legendary Ace Shot used an outdated Riftblade burst mechanics that was removed from the game because how amazingly clunky it was to use.

Basically the warrior RB burst finisher went from "true off-gcd" to "On-gcd but incurs no gcd on use" back to "true off-gcd" again.

Warriors complained the crap out of it to get the burst gcd mechanic reverted.

So Rogues could either just complain enough to DEV so DEVs could change it the same way they gave warriors their bursts back... or learn to play with this dated super clunky mechanic with the Legendary Ace Shot."

The reason you cant macro it isn't because it's broken but because Ace Shot isn't a real ogcd skill. When procc'ed it simply not incur a GCD AFTER you have used it with proc. It still follows a regular rules of all other normal on-gcd abilities where they will not go off until you have finished the gcd countdown from your last on-gcd ability used.

As for those who said changing legendary ace shot to ogcd will not affect dps, this is completely wrong. This game has serious lag issue. Even if you perfectly using ace shot procs you will still lose .2 to .3s of the gcd due to lag. This means the legendary ace shot proc literally means your next ace shot will deal more damage and has a 0.3s gcd (due to unavoidable lag in actual group/raid play).
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 11-23-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Soulwalker

Just like DarkEternis stated, "Legendary" anything, in this case Ace Shot SHOULD make the rotation better like during Animalism + Twin Shot spam, but sadly it is not at this time. I am not sure what the real intent is anymore since there's A LOT of bugs in this game currently. Not to mention the proc rate is laughable and currently it is completely waste of point spent for Legendary IMO.

Experience - you can't buy it, but will sure pay for it.

+ Reply to Thread