+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Maltie
  • 1 Post By bollesti

Thread: 1 Button Rogue?

Telaran

Default 1 Button Rogue?

So google has failed me yet again and I was wondering if anyone has managed to come up with a 1 button rogue spec yet.

Would be very interesting to see how it works.

Shield of Telara

Having a 1-button spec for the sake of having one isn't that difficult.

Having a semi-functional 1-button spec with Rogue is hard, because out of all possible callings Rogues are actually well designed.

Telaran

lol that is true. They seem to have something for everything which is kinda scary to be honest.

Rogue master class.

But yeah with the rework of Sab, we pretty much lost our last one button spec. You could probably get pretty close with Marksman and maybe Ranger and Sinsab is only a few buttons, but that's probably it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Ranger/sabo can be 2 buttons, 4 if you count managing strangulate/ace shot

Not recommended but it'll still perform very well.

Shadowlander

I hope there is never a 1 button spec again. It's one of the reasons I left. I like to min max to a certain extent and while I could have pressed all buttons myself, the Sab spec I last played in early NT was ridiculous. The best spec for ae consisting of only 1 mash button and 1 on 10? Sec cd was ridiculous.

And I don't want to write this next bit but I bought legion for wow. Having never played wow, it was fun for a month. One thing i noticed was their macros are really restricted. You can only cast 1 ability per macro (or a non-gcd ability + 1 ability). It felt restrictive at first but I see it now as a thoughtful move to prevent these 1 button mash fests. Let's face it, they are a novelty at first but quickly become boring, no matter how efficient they are.

EQ2 got it right imo.

EDIT: I want to add that I think 1 button specs should be possible but no class should be designed that it is optimal to 1 button stuff. If you're open world (or dungeon tbh) and want to 1111111, you should be able to, but your dps/tanking/healing should be a maximum of 50-70% of the potential of the spec played "correctly"
    Last edited by Valix; 10-27-2016 at 02:09 AM.
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Alexking80/sig.jpg
    :: Rift Officer - United Kingdoms ::
    :: Rift Recruitment :: UK Home :: UK Forums ::

Sorry to say but with the way the legendary abilities currently stand and the awful changes to support classes, pretty much all specs are looking like one or 2 button spam specs. Seems they are just concentrating on LFR so doubt you will see any raiders left when this expansion launches.
    MOM 9/9 COA HM 4/4

HARSHMALLOWS Braxus - inactive

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by crisbypancakes View Post
    Sorry to say but with the way the legendary abilities currently stand and the awful changes to support classes, pretty much all specs are looking like one or 2 button spam specs. Seems they are just concentrating on LFR so doubt you will see any raiders left when this expansion launches.
    Even now there are barely any raiding guilds left.

Also, I wouldn't say they are "concentrating" on LFR since 4.0 won't have any raids on start. Makes you wonder what they need LFR for exactly. 10 man will be released who knows when, and 20 man never.

The name of this thread gives me cancer
    Nixia@Greybriar

I am só tired of no skilled ppl going around in wf and raids with absoluto no clue of wht they doing just pressing 1 2 1 2 1 2 and on some ocasions 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 and doing almost as much dmg as a skilled plyr I play 4 classes 50 plus specs and was really dificult fr me to learn them all not to perfection maybe but I do know wht I m doing,and I was proud of it and now some guild carries a guy/girl to gear him/her up to 1500 plus hit and teatch them this abominations 1 button specs and they feel like they só great,skill lv in this game as hit a record low and Rift as become (I will b banned fr sure bt wht the hell)idiot friendly.Ppl that play this game did it fr the dificulty lv of the rotations,its disrespectfull to all of us that invested time and heart to create and learn rotations.if this goes on I will só go play WOW at least theres more ppl in it and the dificult lv will b the same cuz a monkey can faceroll on keyboard In wow and do decent.it makes m sad to see the game going down hill this way.

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    I am só tired of no skilled ppl going around in wf and raids with absoluto no clue of wht they doing just pressing 1 2 1 2 1 2 and on some ocasions 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 and doing almost as much dmg as a skilled plyr I play 4 classes 50 plus specs and was really dificult fr me to learn them all not to perfection maybe but I do know wht I m doing,and I was proud of it and now some guild carries a guy/girl to gear him/her up to 1500 plus hit and teatch them this abominations 1 button specs and they feel like they só great,skill lv in this game as hit a record low and Rift as become (I will b banned fr sure bt wht the hell)idiot friendly.Ppl that play this game did it fr the dificulty lv of the rotations,its disrespectfull to all of us that invested time and heart to create and learn rotations.if this goes on I will só go play WOW at least theres more ppl in it and the dificult lv will b the same cuz a monkey can faceroll on keyboard In wow and do decent.it makes m sad to see the game going down hill this way.
    I am so tired of people who put up walls of text that is almost unreadable.

Are you also really so lazy that you cannot spell out two and three letter words?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    How do you know they have no clue what they are doing? A one-button, two button ele spec is pretty damn good!

What makes you think those people feel so great!??!

Go play WOW if you are unhappy or unwilling to adapt!

Monkeys cannot play this game!

This game will not go downhill simply because there are one or two-button specs in the game!

Wall of Text is worse than someone playing a one-button spec.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

+ Reply to Thread