+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Maltie
  • 2 Post By Trauumhaft

Thread: Rogue Level 70 Legendary Abilities!

Default Rogue Level 70 Legendary Abilities!

With 4.0 comes new Legendary Abilities for your souls. Each soul will gain 5 Legendary Abilities. How this works is you can basically upgrade one of your existing abilities. You get 3 per soul and have to spend a certain amount of soul points to be able to upgrade an ability to legendary. 0 points allow 1 legendary power. 15 points to get 2 legendary powers. 42 points to get a 3rd power. You gain 1 Legendary Point per level after 65. (so 5 Legendary points total to spend)

These abilities will act like soul points, so you arent stuck with them as soon as you choose them, to reset it you would just need to reset the entire soul tree and re-do it all.

With the 3 points per soul, this means 2 points will get put into your off-souls. Same rules apply (so spend 15 points to spend 2).
    Some souls are incomplete, because there hasnt been any information released on them yet, but I will attempt to update this as soon as information is out on them.

Some of the legendary abilities will completely change the ability from its normal version, where as some merely upgrade the ability whilst also still doing what it did previously

Rift Level 70 Legendary Abilities.

Souls:

Assassin (currently has 6, possibly one being removed - subject to change) -

Virulent Poison - Grants weapon ability attacks a 50% chance to deal an additional 5047 water damage and grant Adicic Wrath. When you reach 20 stacks of Wrath they are consumed and cause your next Assassin builder to deal 100% more damage.

Assassinate - Immediately applies all your poisons to the target.

Lethal Poison - Has a chance equal to your Critical Change to grant a combo point. Can only trigger once every 3 seconds.

Poison Malice - Increases Poison Buff damage done by 125%. When hit in melee deals x amount of water damage to the attacker. Lasts 15 seconds. (normal version) This effect can be re-cast during its duration to refresh the effect. Each time it is refreshed your global Cooldown is increased by .1 second.

Master of Poisons - When a poison procs you have a chance to gain a stack of Virulent Haste. Virulent Haste resets the cooldown of serpent strike and allows you to cast it with no cooldown. Stacks up to two.

Thread of Death - Allows you to use abilities that require you to be in stealth at any time - But reduces the damage of those abilities by 25%.

Nightblade (has all 5 listed, subject to change)

Flame Blitz - Due to get one (hasnt been shown what it is yet though)

Fiery Spike - Increases the physical damage you deal by 8%

Hellfire Blades - Weapon Ability attacks deal an additional x Fire damage in a 7m area around the target. Lasts 15 seconds. No longer counts as a weapon Enhancement. 30 second cooldown, with no GCD.

Dusk Strike - Allows stacks of Emptiness (the buff that causes Dusk Strike to hit harder but use more energy) to be consumed by finishers.

Dark Decent - The next 3 rogue Finishers do not consume combo points (normal version) After this effect ends your finishers refund 2 combo points. (legendary version)

Physician (has all 5 listed, subject to change)

Urgent Care - Restores x amount of health. (normal version) - Restores x amount of heal to yourself, heals for the same amount over 10 seconds.

Life Insurance - Is due to have one but isnt showed yet.

Causal Treatment - Restores x amount of health . Awards 2 combo points. 1.5second cast time (normal version) - Restores x amount of health. Instant cast. Awards 2 combo points. Incurs (to recieve) a 1.5 second global cooldown

Maintenace Therapy - Restores x amount of health (equal to the old 5 combo point heal) and grants a hot for 6 seconds for x amount of health.This effect is applied by single target healing and can stack twice.

Emergency Response - No longer has a cooldown, but will consume all of the rogues current energy while healing the target for a percentage of the rogues life, based on the amount of energy it consumes (legendary version)

Normal Version - Heals the target for 100% of the rogues maximum health and grants an absorb. 1 minute cooldown.

Tactician (has all 5 listed, subject to change)

Empyrean Bolt - Deals x amount of damage. Awards 1 combo point. (normal version) Reduces all non-tactician cooldown by 1 second. (legendary version)

Curative Engine - When hit, the rogue restores 1372 health. Can be triggered at most once per second. (normal version) Increases all tactican healing by 350%. Only 1 Engine can be activated at a time.

Barrier Remote - Your target gains an absorption Shield that absorbs 85% of incoming damage, up to 20% of the Rogue's max health. Lasts 10 seconds. (normal version it only applies to yourself)

Ablative Coil - Protects all raid members around the rogue from harm, reducing damage taken by 30% for up to 6 seconds. Instant cast. (normal version its a 6 second channel)

Curative Torrent - Restores x - x amount of health to party or raid members infront of you over 3 seconds. This effect can heal up to 2 additional party or raid members. Reduces Energy by 1 for every second of channel. (normal version) Grants 1 combo point for every second of channel (Legendary version)

Small note - Trion are looking into making Tactician a focused aoe healing soul for rogue, which is why some of these legendary abilities are more focused upon healing. This also means some points within the soul itself are going to be changed, to make it focus more on aoe healing rather than damage.

Bard. Missing 1 - will be added when made aware of what it is.

Orchestra of the Planes - Places an Aura on the Rogue, increasing the damage of party or raid members by 15%, healing them for x amount of health over 15 seconds, dealing x amount of life damage up to 5 enemies for 15seconds. (normal version) Causes your Cadence and Cadenza to tick twice as fast. Makes Legendary Cadenza instant.

Harmonic Distortion - Stacks up to 10 times. Critical Finishers gain an additional stack. When Harmonic Distortion is used on a player (for the st heal) it will use 2 stacks and heal for twice as much. (Legendary) - This means your damage as bard will be increased by 50%, rather than 25% from the normal version.

Normal Version - Every time a coda is used, you get a 20% chance to gain a stack of Harmonic Energy, increasing damage by 5% maxing out at 5 stacks. When Harmonic Distortion is used on a player, it consumes 1 stack of Harmonic Energy and heals the ally for x amount of health.

Cadenza - Now a 2 second cast time but awards 5 combo points. (Legendary Version) - If you have Legendary Orchestra, it will make Cadenza instant cast for the duration of Orchestra.

Normal Cadenza is just a channel, awarding a total of 3 combo points for every completed channel.

Motif of Regeneration - Provides a stacking HoT (heal over time) to 10 targets, cannot be refreshed. When it reaches full stacks all additionally generated stacks provide 50% of the maximum combined HoT amount immediately.

Marksman (missing one, to be added when we're showed it)

Free Recoil - Rapid Fire Shot consumes a max of 2 combo points. Cast time of Deadeye shot is reduced by 0.5s. (normal version) Empowered Shot no longer has a cooldown and only grants 1 combo point. Each subsequent point cast of it increases the energy cost and reduces the cast time. It no longer triggers a global cooldown.

On the Double - Passively Increases movement speed and dodge chance by 5%.

Calculated Shot - Doubles the speed of all your channels and allows you to move whilst channeling.

Deadeye Shot - Deals 1/10th of the normal damage on non-crits, but crits deal 15x more than the normal damage.

Saboteur - Has 4 listed, awaiting 5th.

Bottomless Bandolier - Your sticky bombs dont consume charges while you are affected by Bottomless Bandolier. Lasts 20 seconds. (normal version) Passively reduces the number of charges your sticky bombs cost by 1. (legendary version)

Time Bomb - Every 1 second (down from 2 seconds which was the normal version) this ability is off cooldown Time bomb Catalsyt becomes more effective.

Satchel Charge - Deals x amount of damage to 3 enemies over 30 seconds. Grants a charge every tick.

Flashbang - Deals x-x amount of damage to 3 enemies. Debilitates affected enemies for 4 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

Bladedancer - Has 5 currently listed. Awaiting for confirmation on Hundred Blades.

Side Steps - Increases dodge by 50% for 15seconds (normal version). Your movement speed is increased by 15% for up to 30 seconds or until you stop moving. (Legendary version)

Deadly Strike - Now refunds 2 combo points on cast. 8 Seconds cooldown.

Twin Cleave - Deals x-x damage to 5 enemies. Grants 1 combo point. (normal version). Refreshes your current Rythmic Action. Now has a 22 second cooldown.

Fated Blades - Increase Attack Power Contribution to all Bladedancer attacks bt 150% and causes them to ignore the enemy's Armor. Lasts 15 seconds. (normal version) You may have another Rythmic Action at the same time as this effect. (Legendary Version)

Hundreds Blades - Havent been told what the Legendary Ability does for this yet.

Shadeborn - Missing 3 for Shadeborn. To be added.

Scything Night - Applies Consuming depths at 25% effectiveness - This stacks with the normal Consuming Depths.

Strengthened Bond - 50% reduction on your main target +300-400% damage on your bond of night target (Legendary Version)

Riftstalker - Missing 4. Will be added when made aware.

Shadow Shift. - Now provides a stacking buff passively. Anything in the line that you travelled takes damage based on the number of stacks you have up. Up to a maximum of 1600% of AP as damage at max stacks.

Ranger - Missing 4. To be added when found.

Call: Razorback - When the Razorback charges the target, it will deal damage and buff the player. (possibly useful for an off-soul or for tanks, depending on what the buff is)

Thanks to Trauumhaft for a few things i was missing :3

This should be everything here currently that we know of! If im missing anything just let me know! And get discussing :3
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-02-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Shield of Telara

Indeed.

Edit - Added some more stuff from tonights live stream (rough notes of what i took) - Again, everything is subject to change.

Seems like they wanna buff Torrentman really badly, Phys-tact remain viable but stronger with curative engine and Barrier Remote changes. Looking forward to see how Torrentman works out in 4.0 Raiding.

61TACT has to be viable: Toggle Ablative Coil, Curative Engine

Something like this could work in the future, could be a secondary healer, providing protective aura as well as Damage boosts and mediocre Raid healing, but the 30% damage reduction is what makes the healing viable in the first place. Right now, with this build, the HPS and AOE DPS is about half of a pure role, with the 3.5x healing buffs from Curative Engine I have faith in tactician. http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t...GGkkGA/Xk|XLTg

Assassin and Bard changes are alright.

Um.. where are the Ranger changes? Kinda dissapointed.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 10-01-2016 at 02:14 PM.

They are looking at making tact into the rogue aoe healing soul, but dont want to re-work the entire soul. Which means there are most likely going to be some changes to the soul itself, but keeping the main idea of Tactician still there. Which is why some of the Legendary abilities look so powerful (350% more healing) as they want these to basically fluff out the soul to make it viable as an aoe healer.

Unlikely that Torrentman will make a comeback again, as nothing suggests the damage of it being buffed at all, and if they are looking to make it into an aoe heal soul, it will probably get its dps reduced to that of maybe a chloromancer, or maybe even a liberator depending on how they decide to spec it, but i doubt that Torrentman will be viable in 4.0

Ranger doesnt have much out on it, i think the devs mentioned something about the Razorback pet being given a Legendary, but it sounds like that will only be used as an off-soul rather than an actual talent within a full ranger build.

Every soul is being given 5 Legendary Abilities, for every class, so thats around... 250(?) Legendary Abilities that needed to be created, i think as a class we have the most that we currently know of, though some are more likely going to be changed when player testing is available, as they will need tuning
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-01-2016 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    They are looking at making tact into the rogue aoe healing soul, but dont want to re-work the entire soul. Which means there are most likely going to be some changes to the soul itself, but keeping the main idea of Tactician still there. Which is why some of the Legendary abilities look so powerful (350% more healing) as they want these to basically fluff out the soul to make it viable as an aoe healer.

Unlikely that Torrentman will make a comeback again, as nothing suggests the damage of it being buffed at all, and if they are looking to make it into an aoe heal soul, it will probably get its dps reduced to that of maybe a chloromancer, or maybe even a liberator depending on how they decide to spec it, but i doubt that Torrentman will be viable in 4.0

Ranger doesnt have much out on it, i think the devs mentioned something about the Razorback pet being given a Legendary, but it sounds like that will only be used as an off-soul rather than an actual talent within a full ranger build.

Every soul is being given 5 Legendary Abilities, for every class, so thats around... 250(?) Legendary Abilities that needed to be created, i think as a class we have the most that we currently know of, though some are more likely going to be changed when player testing is available, as they will need tuning
    Yea but for 61TACT to be competitive, I think they'd need to add a battle resurrection and cleanse, otherwise it's pretty much a supportive raid healer but can't fully do the job. I can see how the Flat out heals from Curative Torrent being enough, but positioning would be a huge issue as well as Energy consumption issue and lack of finisher if curative torrent do build up combo points for instance.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 10-01-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Curious to see what this exactly procs, since IIRC some assassin abilities have the "counts as a poison" tag on them.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Yea but for 61TACT to be competitive, I think they'd need to add a battle resurrection and cleanse, otherwise it's pretty much a supportive raid healer but can't fully do the job. I can see how the Flat out heals from Curative Torrent being enough, but positioning would be a huge issue as well as Energy consumption issue and lack of finisher if curative torrent do build up combo points for instance.
    There will definitely have to be changes i agree, cleanse and brez is a given for any healing soul, and with the way Curative Torrent works, unless they make it a 360torrent or just change the entire thing entirely so you don't have to worry about stacking for heals (which is silly) they could just give us a few more aoe healing abilities to make the rotation a little more fun, [pre-cast Curative Blast - Curative Remote - Curative Core - Curative Torrent to 5 combo points rinse and repeat, use cd's where necessary] would make for a very boring rotation, ofc you would need to use Torrent Overload every 60 seconds for the healing buff and Curative Beam.

You could also just macro Curative and Inferno beam to cast at the tank (assuming they still act the same), although i wouldn't mind Curative Beam acting like Telluric burst, and bouncing around between targets so your raid (again) doesnt need to stack up to receive heals.

There will need to be a lot of fine tuning with this spec before it gets put onto live however, just going from the magelo tooltips (because i cant log on) - Restorative Bolt heals for 17-19 health. If this was increased by 350% healing, it would then hit for roughly 85.5(?) (at a maximum) compare this to Massive Therapy which is the large phys healing cooldown that has a cd of 30 seconds which only heals for 61 health. And Restorative Bolt is instant?

I mean it would be pretty hilarious, but i'd love to see what they are gonna change in tact, its been so long since its even been looked at and im kinda excited to see what they have in store for it :3

Curious to see what this exactly procs, since IIRC some assassin abilities have the "counts as a poison" tag on them.
    Serpent Strike and Leaping Plunge count as a poison, although it could just mean for the poison buffs, but with Trion wording of tooltips we will never know until we get to test it

Im actually looking forward to the rotation change of assassin, hopefully it makes a comeback in 4.0 cause i find assborn and assdancer (and rangersab) reallly boring xD

p.s - Edit - Changed the entire initial post to contain everything that we currently know about and a short explanation on how we get Legendarys/how they work :3 More on this as we get more info! happy reading!
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-02-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Don't know how good curative beam is, but when I was testing Tactman, infernal beam isn't even worth the GCD to cast for, it's a waste of energy and GCD, beam's width is so bad that it only hit 3-4 targets among the 8-target dummies. Positioning and energy problems are still unresolved..

EDIT: I tested restorative bolt before and if I remember correctly, it's around 14-22k heals, with 3.5x more heals, it becomes 49-77k, of course this is just a reference to LVL65. But I suppose it will be pretty decent assuming if the tooltips and scaling remain the same.

I don't like how phys work because anything could happen in between the Casual Treatment cast (1.5s), I like the playstyle of instant casting and even channeling, so there's less chance of wiping, ex. Purifier.

And they need to make TACT scale with weapon damage, it's super outdated.

Sin/sab is a lot of fun, but with Thread of Death changes, I do not know how it's going to stand in 4.0. Currently it's super fun to play.

Btw, thanks for the effort in editing the legendary abilities.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 10-02-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Btw, thanks for the effort in editing the legendary abilities.
    Thank you :3 I actually had a lot of fun writing it!

Don't know how good curative beam is, but when I was testing Tactman, infernal beam isn't even worth the GCD to cast for, it's a waste of energy and GCD, beam's width is so bad that it only hit 3-4 targets among the 8-target dummies. Positioning and energy problems are still unresolved..
    With the buff, Curative Beam will definitely be a must have with the new buffs, even in its current state it does more healing than Curative Blast, but its the same positioning issue as Infernal Beam because the raid need to be tightly stacked together in order to receive heals from it

Which is why im hoping the changes they bring a fix to that, otherwise people will just stick to phys/tact

With Infernal Beam, the range is pretty bad i think its something like 2m? But the dps was worth it (for st atleast, possibly aoe it was a long time ago) but this was back in 2.0 when tactman was viable, however if they are changing it into a healing soul, its doubtful you can find time to do the standard rotation of tact, as the dps output is all channels, whereas Infernal Beam is an instant dot, so it *should* be worth it to use for healing dps, as one gcd every 15 seconds shouldnt kill your raid, considering how many hots you have as well, but its just a matter of waiting to see what they are doing to the tree, as they could change quite a bit xD

Sin/sab is a lot of fun, but with Thread of Death changes, I do not know how it's going to stand in 4.0. Currently it's super fun to play.
    Should still work fine, assuming they work ToD like a toggle ability, just cancelbuff before you slip away so you dont get the damage reduction, then cast [notactive]
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

whereas Infernal Beam is an instant dot
    It's not a dot, it doesn't apply to the target nor yourself, it's literally a beam that is applied to the target and to yourself, you can position yourself to deal damage (in ticks) in between you and your targets.

With Infernal Beam, the range is pretty bad i think its something like 2m
    But the dps was worth it (for st atleast, possibly aoe it was a long time ago) but this was back in 2.0 when tactman was viable
    Beam is not good as I was testing it, but tactman is indeed still viable as of today, pulling 400k+ dps (over 20 seconds) on MOM trash and ~380k DPS on Estrode, ~280k on Matron.... (TL;DR, Top DPS) Sab might be better in 4.0 though because of legendary abilities changes and lack of changes in Tact damaging abilities in tact soultree.

With the buff, Curative Beam will definitely be a must have with the new buffs, even in its current state it does more healing than Curative Blast, but its the same positioning issue as Infernal Beam because the raid need to be tightly stacked together in order to receive heals from it
    Never tested Curative Beam ever, but I assume it's a beam similar to Infernal Beam whereas people between the tank and you get the HoT or rather HoT while the beam is hitting the allies. If the width really is 2m, it's a total trash ability....

Should still work fine, assuming they work ToD like a toggle ability, just cancelbuff before you slip away so you dont get the damage reduction, then cast [notactive]
    I anticipate this will change the assassin rotation by ALOT, its just like you toggle it on and keep using Jagged Strike and Assassinate... Might be like Jagged Strike, Serpent Strike, Back Stab, Impale, then Assassinate, Builder*2, then Final Blow, I don't even know, then you won't even need slip away(s).
    Last edited by huangchingho; 10-02-2016 at 05:47 PM.

I say dot because it does damage over time (15 second duration) i know how Infernal Beam acts :3

With Curative Beam, even if the beam has ****ty range still its most likely still going to need to be used on the tank, and it will go through the melee as well, who on most fights are stood closely behind the boss (where possible)

With assassin, depending on how Master of Poisons works with Assassinate, (proc rate) the rotation could be a very boring Assassinate - Serpent Strike - Serpent Strike - Assassinate - Serpent Strike - Finisher - rinse and repeat (not including dots) but we shall see! Really looking forward to 4.0 for rogue :3

Master of Poisons - When a poison procs you have a chance to gain a stack of Virulent Haste. Virulent Haste resets the cooldown of serpent strike and allows you to cast it with no cooldown. Stacks up to two.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

I say dot because it does damage over time (15 second duration) i know how Infernal Beam acts :3

With Curative Beam, even if the beam has ****ty range still its most likely still going to need to be used on the tank, and it will go through the melee as well, who on most fights are stood closely behind the boss (where possible)

With assassin, depending on how Master of Poisons works with Assassinate, (proc rate) the rotation could be a very boring Assassinate - Serpent Strike - Serpent Strike - Assassinate - Serpent Strike - Finisher - rinse and repeat (not including dots) but we shall see! Really looking forward to 4.0 for rogue :3

Edit: Serpent Strike also reduces the GCD of next ability, kinda confused how that buff will affect the assassin kit anymore..
    Last edited by huangchingho; 10-02-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Soulwalker

I don't get it. Curative Torrent has been given a 30 second cool down making the top of the tree ability totally useless. Ever 30 seconds I can heal myself for approximately 4300 over 3 seconds, that's only 3% of my health. Yes, I know, with curative core down and curative engine active, I get a bonus to the heal. But it is still a ridiculously small amount over 3 seconds and then to be limited to 30 second cool down.

And then to add insult to injury, you state Trion is looking into making tactician a focused AOE healer. This change would make me think you were trying to get away from aoe healing.

Also, the countdown timer doesn't always work leaving me guessing when I'll be able to use it again. Of course, if I really need it, I usually die so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Just came back to Rift after being gone for 2+ years. Been playing for a couple of weeks when this Nerf happened. I just don't get it. Perhaps you meant to increase the healing Curative did by 10 times to keep it useful.

I hope this was a mistake. Again, top of the tree ability should be useful. Curative Torrent isn't anymore.

I've found the build to be a lot of fun when playing solo and with a friend or two. I like to be able to do AOE Healing in support. But if my aoe damage gets nerfed, I'll hate playing this build and will be looking at completely changing the way I play my character. I'm a casual gamer but now I'll be spending time doing research into what souls to play to make my character fun again. And I'd rather be playing than doing research.

Just my two cents.

-Thymian

Tactician (has all 5 listed, subject to change)

Curative Torrent - Restores x - x amount of health to party or raid members infront of you over 3 seconds. This effect can heal up to 2 additional party or raid members. Reduces Energy by 1 for every second of channel. (normal version) Grants 1 combo point for every second of channel (Legendary version)

Small note - Trion are looking into making Tactician a focused aoe healing soul for rogue, which is why some of these legendary abilities are more focused upon healing. This also means some points within the soul itself are going to be changed, to make it focus more on aoe healing rather than damage.

Ascendant

Holy necro, but yes curative torrent is undoubtedly the worst healing tree ultimate legendary currently in the entire game.

It's clear that either Keyens doesn't want us to use this ability (or play this soul as a main soul) or he doesn't really know what he did but quadruple nerfing this ability (125% reduced healing from Cengine, double the time in between tick, preventing healing proc to bounce back to the same target causing decent single target output when there's no other target to heal, and giving it 700%+ longer cd).

A rough estimate of this ability including the increased cd, legendary curative torrent is healing about 8% the hps it was doing in 4.0, that's a 92% overall effectiveness reduction.

Use tactician as a healing sub soul like how it was for the past 3 years, at least full tact was useful for 4 months right should be grateful for that.

edit: if you insist on playing tact, you COULD... just spam restorative bolts and it's pretty much the same as 4.0 tact just a little bit slightly more gimped.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 04-02-2017 at 09:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread