+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tactician in 4.0?!

Default Tactician in 4.0?!

Are there any leaks about Tactician changes for 4.0 out there?
    A clear line would be nice. I like the flamethrower style and also the way he could heal.

But... we need changes.

I suggest a toggle buff to change between healing/dps.

What do you think?

Klick me

Tactician is going to need a lot (and i mean a lot) of changes to make it viable as a 61 point soul.

Literally the only major use for Tactician is phys/tact and putting 8 points into the soul for tanking.

Its most likely going to get an entire re-work when the devs decide to actually look at Tactician, however its one of their forgotten specs that they speak in hush terms around Trion HQ, because noone wants to admit how badly they ****ed up with Tactician. However that could take a longgg time for Tact to even get mentioned, i mean, it took them what? 3 years to "fix" sab? And i say fix in the lightest term possible just because of how janky the spec still is

The only issue with actually fixing tactician atm, is because its widely used to make the aoe healing hybrid (that actually works pretty well), so the only way that Trion could keep its rogue (and raiding) community happy is by making tact a full aoe healing soul, because rogues dont have a dedicated aoe healing soul yet (unlike every other class not including Primalist)

So they will either make an aoe healing soul and make us buy that, or make tact into an aoe healing soul.

But hey, who knows - It might just sit there to gain dust for the next 3 years
    Last edited by Maltie; 09-13-2016 at 03:39 AM.

Last livestream they said it will be reworked into an AOE healing soul, but didn't go into detail. I'm taking the unpopular (at least unpopular in the livestream) "horray!" position, because rogue needs this.

Nuuuuu, i like my Phloro, Phys-tact healing hybrid builds, and Tactman is still very competitive, pulling 400k DPS easily on 8-target dummies, i wish they can boost/enhance the abilities other than reworking the entire soul from ground up.

I wouldn't say Tact was horrible, it's just it didn't really fit into recent contents. It used to work quite well. TRION needs to adjust and balance souls to make every role accessible and necessary to fights in 4.0, so souls will not be abandoned.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 09-19-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Torrentman

Does the torrent-man spec no longer work ? I remember it being a beast for aoe heals a while back. but it did need a stacking type fight.

3.2 Torrent-Man Spec

i might have to reSpec and see what it can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthshots View Post
    Does the torrent-man spec no longer work ? I remember it being a beast for aoe heals a while back. but it did need a stacking type fight.

3.2 Torrent-Man Spec

No brez, dps loss compared to phys-tact, requires raid to be stacked at all times to receive heals, Curative Remote got nerfed making it mediocre at healing, flat healing compared to the shielding you get from phys/tact and well, Shielding > Heals

Tbh this spec *was* really ok at say, Jino, maybe the first few phases of SoL, but most guilds (especially ones doing prog) would need the dps you get from chloro (as this spec does next to no damage), so in most scenarios you wouldn't take this over a chloro

Probably the only time i would use this spec would be on a farm run, and play it as a joke if i was really bored and know that the lack of brez/dps wont matter
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-11-2016 at 08:01 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthshots View Post

3.2 Torrent-Man Spec

A similar variant to Torrent-Man is phloromancer, although it won't work in 4.0, it is currently viable for healing 20man raids and open world content (NMR, PTW etc). Does not require a stacked raid and does more healing comparing to Phys-tact as the amount of raid members increase.

+ Reply to Thread