+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Artewig

Thread: Viable Bard raid heals spec

Default Viable Bard raid heals spec similar to Phloromancer

So, I was thinking of making a bard raid heals spec that intends to replace a raid healer. Although you don't get Orchestra of the Planes, but the raid would have another pure DPS to compensate. You will have all the essential Motifs, anthem (except fervor) and fanfare but you would normally be casting abilities for heals that also keeps up the motifs. So far, the results are better than what I've expected. The tool-tip numbers are significantly higher than Phys-tact because of the extra 40% Attack Power you get from the Bard soul tree. (Imagine if a bard solo heals NM5 instance^_^)
    The build consists of all the essential HoTs, and is capable of burst healing. The kit also includes 2 AOE Cleanses and 1 ST cleanse, and a battle resurrection.
    Numbers breakdown: Numbers & Breakdown
    WF Port Scion Epic Raid heals
    I was capable of pulling over 20k DPS and 115k-135k Total HPS(T2 Geared) in a 20 man raid for testing purposes.
    I was also able to heal NTE with it with no trouble at all.
    For pre-pull. it's ideal to stack up 5 stacks of Reverberation and 3 stacks of Cognitive Enhancement, by using Active treatment*5 and Coda of Restoration*5. Once stacked and ready to start, apply Viral Infection and use the finisher Group Therapy upon pulling.

Since combo points can be stacked up fairly fast, most of your heals come from your finishers.
    The builders are Medicinal Leeching, Powerchord+Cadenza as always.
    So, the rotation for 10 man looks something like: Builder->Group therapy->Builder->Coda of restoration->Builder->Coda of restoration->Builder-> Group Therapy....
    For 20man, the rotation for finishers would be Group therapy*2 then Coda of restoration and repeat...
    For burst healing, it's optimal to throw in two HoTs (Group Therapy*2)(Group Therapy*1 for 10 man), then use Riff+Virtuoso, and spam Coda of Restoration for the next 15s, right before the Virtuoso runs out, last finisher can be Group Therapy.
    Build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t.../Xkkk0Fgw|XKT0
    Kalert Set:
    KA::ANlhleNrFV01v4zYQ/Ss6JpeUFCVShE7UV7GLTROk7vYSQKAl2lYri4YkJ/A2+987VGyvP2R
    HcRZtqEMSjYbvcWbeDO/qbKaatpaWnljtTFn3paxUY4WRj/2RvyjlStW+7Sfduuu39kUiBA+R5wo
    iIiK82EfwufkCwXooJq0fyVb+8vjHp0c5LsqiXaVFpqvmcSzrP NUbt6mepOA2XXRub/K88T2Cfcq
    IT5F58I3tgmc/jH8bxQ/mN9QtggDsaPPv7i/a7Z68wO4Tq1YyX+0zGnX4zFtfMCoEjhnjHkFhzIL
    B8Gv4fAuTEW8f5kO36w+suFsduuQ01v6j/2lAbQ+A8pPnuYOx/zyvflfl5NoK9bQq2uJJWXE1k1W
    m5qpqd4HjjiX46DUULCIBDzybxk4UEycczKRZFHXRLmWZPhdl2 XFikB8uPzj8f5pWZn833/tzpf/
    8k1LWRTW17vXzmsEeGVh7BoKyiIcewHdcKkLiDiYxW87HJThKx 6V+ThF+DQ13IdXp5al+NZL1VLX
    X1q+1Xi6s0UzVcrGb9jdtZ7CNzb6dSBKHEldELsWIhd7w7JoaP 6ZyjZ+OC3cIhAX5jmce/DYRe0M
    Edny5XZZtsSiVdddkEGTZFrBLX3L1G4okZMQRUUI9GxMUJ4OJL KtWVtNSpeOOBQXsRxERmcnmIzr
    26bS6SrS6tr4WtSytT9VEZQbmmbAcWgo7og6OKOQ5RCjy8GA+C 100ulJ5xwYjjnxmnwhKX+FvgwI
    q9BLqvNP9UD+DaBeZOsPg2FZg5AqexF7ohJ6HiBjMIQNfpjFkG 1+vNY+Yzxx0mY4ZOl9V3SiD8bN
    endDcXRMTBBFhhzMOP9h10WACT8aNYfCXXq31yoa0ci4vdEiQd qkb3VcS23eC8DghEYeOzCiOwuH
    q9LR2sa4ChkwVuB+Au3uOPU34Pz3nw6b8ZvVucvmz0gtIwNWAt N+aCuLgADEnJoFtQ89j7876vID
    BSDVNKl8VCc7jaM54T9o/KDimMQj1gQZtW9y+QQXqMRizqU/8bZ0zLrRk/vGWHOr5XFa51WpLtOb
    zPszHRjCRxrGLSQCiGVAS2cMn0lJ+U3oyLXW9wnLdmJ2P1eu2M d/KompVZcagAe25z1rYiLs4QTZ
    JGE24N3xwmv/wtteqPQ6jK8MXdAXTqk9dCXrK/H+5PZCfoADb8N3XSs0X3TD7dvR6jM3ASDEmhNM
    QJcgb3gQXW2f7YxYo3GUdHXe1VTXLuZlnI7VoZ81ZZTswFYgEo YOZRz1iIxrw4QP8TOZqrOsqzTZ
    O07xz+qoc1PFdZAYV8+AbaFs37JDW2WrbqHC0ls4Bgr01FST0o pAwwWyRMOzRiwV7TYZfftsycv1
    FPkkrKVSZd2V0oHs7b4VNEAGxoy7cR4I4iQYDB8CZno/1eAnzsyJrySPO8bX7T1m0/XUzOjP33io
    Y2ooKJtovSmUzCPc5yTs2FrYQDlwXHRbEIbWT4Zk23zhLy7Wz9 RxMPjIHR2qiTK8BAUtkWaqqLzL
    HRsIOghhFnIQixi5/x2WxhcoHgUuzUsN8A0JXVKZmvl0SqF6B+xeGt3fE
    Macros:

Spot Heals
    #show Urgent Care
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast break free
    cast @mouseoverui Urgent Care
    cast @mouseoverui Active Treatment

Builder:
    #show power chord
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast break free
    cast @self Energy Manipulation
    cast @targettarget Medicinal Leeching
    cast @targettarget power chord
    cast @targettarget Cadenza

Virtuoso(Instant 5CP and spam Codas):
    #show Virtuoso
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast break free
    cast @targettarget Riff
    cast Virtuoso

ST healing Builder:
    #show Expectant Treatment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast break free
    cast @mouseoverui Causal Treatment
    cast @mouseoverui Active Treatment

ST healing finisher:
    #show Maintenance Therapy
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast break free
    cast @mouseoverui Maintenance Therapy
    cast @mouseoverui Urgent Care

Bard Finisher:
    #show Verse of Vitality
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast break free
    cast Coda of Restoration

HoT Finisher:
    #show Group Therapy
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast break free
    cast @mouseoverui Group Therapy

2 AOE cleanses+ ST cleanse spam:
    #show Verse of Purity
    cast Mass Detox
    cast Verse of Purity
    cast @self Detoxification
    cast @mouseoverui Detoxification
    cast @group01 Detoxification
    cast @group02 Detoxification
    cast @group03 Detoxification
    cast @group04 Detoxification
    cast @group05 Detoxification
    cast @group06 Detoxification
    cast @group07 Detoxification
    cast @group08 Detoxification
    cast @group09 Detoxification
    cast @group10 Detoxification
    cast @group11 Detoxification
    cast @group12 Detoxification
    cast @group13 Detoxification
    cast @group14 Detoxification
    cast @group15 Detoxification
    cast @group16 Detoxification
    cast @group17 Detoxification
    cast @group18 Detoxification
    cast @group19 Detoxification
    cast @group20 Detoxification

Brez:
    #show kiss of life
    stopcasting
    cast @mouseoverui Kiss of Life
    ra Returning the spirit to %T ’s body
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-22-2016 at 02:05 AM.

No Fervor? Now you're required to have a chloro.

This spec also has virtually no shielding, which is a huge loss. Your only shielding is a self shield from Preventative Medication and a ST shield finisher from Preemptive Therapy. That, in my opinion makes it not worth it. One of the main reasons to bring a phystact is for the shielding. Overhealing is great, but if some of that doesn't become shielding, it's wasted. Overhealing says nothing about the fight either. If you're taking no damage, your overhealing is going to be high.

I can do ~70k in bard and ~15-16k in Phystact (might be able to do more). That's 85-86k coming from two players. At around 20k dps and around 100k dps for the other member, you're talking 120k dps by those same two players. That's about a 35k dps increase. But. You also lose Competence, Fervor, Power Core, Orchestra, Verse of Joy, Verse of Occlusion, Battle Remote, and the shielding from Expectant Treatment and Simulatneous Treatment. Considering all that, I'd take the 35k dps loss in a heartbeat.

Overall, fun spec for pvp and ntes, but not at all viable for a raid situation.

Also, please take break free out of your macros. You're really screwing yourself over in pvp. Root>break free>stun>uh oh.
    Last edited by Artewig; 07-22-2016 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    No Fervor? Now you're required to have a chloro.

This spec also has virtually no shielding, which is a huge loss. Your only shielding is a self shield from Preventative Medication and a ST shield finisher from Preemptive Therapy. That, in my opinion makes it not worth it. One of the main reasons to bring a phystact is for the shielding. Overhealing is great, but if some of that doesn't become shielding, it's wasted. Overhealing says nothing about the fight either. If you're taking no damage, your overhealing is going to be high.

I can do ~70k in bard and ~15-16k in Phystact (might be able to do more). That's 85-86k coming from two players. At around 20k dps and around 100k dps for the other member, you're talking 120k dps by those same two players. That's about a 35k dps increase. But. You also lose Competence, Fervor, Power Core, Orchestra, Verse of Joy, Verse of Occlusion, Battle Remote, and the shielding from Expectant Treatment and Simulatneous Treatment. Considering all that, I'd take the 35k dps loss in a heartbeat.

Overall, fun spec for pvp and ntes, but not at all viable for a raid situation.

Also, please take break free out of your macros. You're really screwing yourself over in pvp. Root>break free>stun>uh oh.
    haha ok, my breakfree is for PVE fears, silences and debilitate. But yea, it might not be able to take over Phys-tact, but maybe a liberator, as I am getting same-ish HPS but also able to do around 20-25k DPS in raids. It can probably be used in situation where the raid already has a chloro for either tank heals or raid heals and a phys-tact for overshielding. But bard-phys also has a small shield that crits when casting Power chord (every 4sec) while having higher sustained HPS. It's still a DPS gain though if one of the raid heals go DPS despite not having orchestra of the planes, which will net around 40-60k DPS for the raid depending on gears(just replace a raid heals that don't contribute damage boosts or DPS, like liberator or warden). Unless Mesmerize is needed, this could potentially work..
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-22-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Shadowlander

This is something i have been playing with since storm legion. Phys/bard is very under rated. can easily contend with the best heals in pvp. Sadly, there is not really any need for it in pve. When we were progressing on second boss in IGP i actually ran a spec similar to this because our healer at the time had a hard time spot healing the group throughout the fight and we didnt want to gimp our dps with a harb/chloro. it made things alot easier for us at the time.

That being said, when you bard/phys in pve your not a very good support, and your not a great healer either. the only reason i say your not a great healer is because most of your heals are what i would call fluff heals, its great to see all those green numbers flying but are they really doing anything? Problem with tracking the healing of bard is that everytime you cast a coda, it refreshes your resonance buff for the entire raid. That in turn translates to them suddenly losing then gaining 5% hp, which means that even if the entire raid is full hp a large portion of what would be overhealing is counted as normal HPS because your literally creating a gap to fill everytime you cast Coda of restoration during your 15 second finisher spam.

Im not saying that it doesnt heal well, but if your judging it off of a meter the number is exaggerated. The one thing this spec does well is pull numbers. Anyways, sorry for rambling.

(p.s. Im fairly certain you could up your hps by quite a bit by cutting power chord out of your builder spam and only relying on cadenza/cadence and medicinal leeching for combo points. if you do this however, i recommend taking adrenaline shot from phys)

Quote Originally Posted by Annomanda View Post
    This is something i have been playing with since storm legion. Phys/bard is very under rated. can easily contend with the best heals in pvp. Sadly, there is not really any need for it in pve. When we were progressing on second boss in IGP i actually ran a spec similar to this because our healer at the time had a hard time spot healing the group throughout the fight and we didnt want to gimp our dps with a harb/chloro. it made things alot easier for us at the time.

That being said, when you bard/phys in pve your not a very good support, and your not a great healer either. the only reason i say your not a great healer is because most of your heals are what i would call fluff heals, its great to see all those green numbers flying but are they really doing anything? Problem with tracking the healing of bard is that everytime you cast a coda, it refreshes your resonance buff for the entire raid. That in turn translates to them suddenly losing then gaining 5% hp, which means that even if the entire raid is full hp a large portion of what would be overhealing is counted as normal HPS because your literally creating a gap to fill everytime you cast Coda of restoration during your 15 second finisher spam.

Im not saying that it doesnt heal well, but if your judging it off of a meter the number is exaggerated. The one thing this spec does well is pull numbers. Anyways, sorry for rambling.

(p.s. Im fairly certain you could up your hps by quite a bit by cutting power chord out of your builder spam and only relying on cadenza/cadence and medicinal leeching for combo points. if you do this however, i recommend taking adrenaline shot from phys)
    Yea, I no longer take this seriously. It might work for PUG raids if there's trouble fitting a certain role. Orchestra of the Planes is much more valuable in designated raid teams, DPS-wise. However, this spec could work in open-world content like Raid rifts (NMR,SOL etc), PVP, zone events etc.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 08-03-2016 at 09:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread