+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Artewig
  • 1 Post By Rifleman
  • 1 Post By Wowo
  • 1 Post By Gurgi of Prydain

Thread: Bard Buffs

Default Bard Buffs

Ive been playing a bard hybrid build in IA's, chronicles, NTE's etc and Im enjoying it a lot. I am wondering though, with my Dex getting close to 5k...why should I bother casting my Fanfares? One gives me 85 endurance, the other 85 to all other stats. I always have them up, cuz hey, they're free...but it hardly seems like they are scaling with the new gear. Would a flat percentage increase make more sense?

Free stats are free stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    Free stats are free stats.
    I literally had those same words typed out. But yeah, they also apply to your entire raid so that's always nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

I understand they are "free stats" and I use them regularly, but we are talking about a less than 2% increase once a player is around 5000 main stat. I'm just saying it doesn't scale at all, and it would be much better if it were a percentage of total stats, ie, 85 or 5%, whichever is greater. That way, it would still be good for lower geared players, and still be worthwhile for raiders.

But hey, free stats are free stats so lets just leave it like it is. haha

You could run around buffing lowbies with the endurance buff -- making them think they were attacked

Plane Walker

Illustrious Brightsurge Vial vials give 22 more stat than Phenomenal Brightsurge Vial, but twice as expensive, yet top tier raiders always use illustrious.

Armor upgrades from t3 epic to t3 relic requires dreaming rune ornament, dreaming metal amender, re-rune + re-orbing, adding up to hundreds of plat and only gives about 20-30 stat improvement.

Every stat counts.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    Illustrious Brightsurge Vial vials give 22 more stat than Phenomenal Brightsurge Vial, but twice as expensive, yet top tier raiders always use illustrious.

Armor upgrades from t3 epic to t3 relic requires dreaming rune ornament, dreaming metal amender, re-rune + re-orbing, adding up to hundreds of plat and only gives about 20-30 stat improvement.

Every stat counts.

Little upgrades do not seem like much, but when you upgrade everything it will add up and make a difference. 1-2% wipes on progression bosses are not uncommon and when you have a few people not doing the little things (crit pots, min/maxing stats/specs) it does make a difference.

You also have resonance, which gives your raid 5% more of every primary stat. It's true that the flat stat buffs use to be more significant back in vanilla and storm legion though.

Thank you. That was my point. I understand stats are stats. Thats plain...just saying flat stat spells dont scale, at all, and in order to make them beneficial at all levels, they should be percentage based.

Quote Originally Posted by Zjosh86 View Post
    Thank you. That was my point. I understand stats are stats. Thats plain...just saying flat stat spells dont scale, at all, and in order to make them beneficial at all levels, they should be percentage based.
    The flat stats scale based on levels. I remember the flat numbers are 60 during Storm Legion. Now it's flat 85.

There's lots of things don't scale with % attribute buffs, I believe dream orbs don't, but attribute runes like Dex weapon runes do scale with attribute buffs and benefit from the 10% dex passives from both Bladedancer and saboteur tree.

This is how the game system works, and I don't think there's a problem with it. You will agree with me as you progress in the game.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-20-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Telaran

Dude,delete the spec and make a dps spec.
    Because you are missing the point of bard,so you will always be coplaing about it

Could be worse, on release had to split for appropriate fanfares and not die or lose them, now they all stack and persist through death
    World First, World Best.

Came back for the mage shields. Only took 4 years.

+ Reply to Thread