+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I dont get tactician

Rift Disciple

Default I dont get tactician

I mean the idea behind the class. Rogue already had saboteur beeing an AoE class using gadget of all sort so why adding that class ?

Is this class used as a main soul or is it always just used for the self heal it had to other class ?

It's a support soul, but right now it's only used as a hybrid with physician. The hybrid is actually a decent aoe healing spec, though it doesn't have a whole lot of utility as far as raid heal cooldowns go.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

I use mine with bard (T-ard spec if you will) its fun when you learn how to use it. but i only really use it to make healers cry in IA's because i outparse them in heals most of the time
    Last edited by Grrrrl; 07-08-2016 at 09:50 PM.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

I think Bitnine said it best:

Quote Originally Posted by Bitnine
    Tactician is a troubled and janky soul whose role, mechanics, and very existence are highly dubious. Throughout its lifespan it has vacillated between terrible specs that no one plays and questionable hybrids that maybe shouldn't exist.

We used 61 tact a few years ago on Planebreaker progression
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Rift Disciple

Saboteur is AoE DPS soul while Tactician is "supposedly" support soul.

I actually wished they rework Tactician instead of Saboteur. I know Saboteur have its own issues but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    I remember using 61 tact as our main healer on Crucia in FT. It was really, really fun to play and big healing spikes as well. I also remember using it in places like Port Scion.. Stand behind all the people with healing torrent
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Keep in mind that guild had already killed it without 61 tact before that, including the w1st, so you could well pass without the existence of the spec even at that time.

Soulwalker

Even with it's terrible current state, it is still my favorite soul in the game, because it is the only true hybrid soul.
    It can be an ST damage spec(terrible at it though)
    It can be an AE damage spec(meh, it's okay)
    It can be a ST/raid healer(not too shabby)
    And because talent, I guess they wanted to squeeze in a little bit of TANKiness in there lol. I guess its the jack of all trades, master of none.
    Changing roles mid combat without changing roles

Tactician's hybrid idea is great, i even dare say the best, but truly its so old it needs a few tweaks in the dps department especially on its ST capabilities >30%hp. Empyrean ray should be channeled LAZER attack because steam punk tactician theme.

And its energy management on its mediocre damage torrents. Why torrents starve you of resource, if its only going to do mediocre damage? If its going to starve me at least make me feel satisfied from the damage I'm doing.

Unlimited energy through DoT/HoTs crits? Your'e just going to lower your dps even more keeping those up.

I hope they dont touch tacticians hybrid idea, but rather just fix the terrible numbers on its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by AyaJN View Post
    Even with it's terrible current state, it is still my favorite soul in the game, because it is the only true hybrid soul.
    It can be an ST damage spec(terrible at it though)
    It can be an AE damage spec(meh, it's okay)
    It can be a ST/raid healer(not too shabby)
    And because talent, I guess they wanted to squeeze in a little bit of TANKiness in there lol. I guess its the jack of all trades, master of none.
    Changing roles mid combat without changing roles

Tactician's hybrid idea is great, i even dare say the best, but truly its so old it needs a few tweaks in the dps department especially on its ST capabilities >30%hp. Empyrean ray should be channeled LAZER attack because steam punk tactician theme.

And its energy management on its mediocre damage torrents. Why torrents starve you of resource, if its only going to do mediocre damage? If its going to starve me at least make me feel satisfied from the damage I'm doing.

Unlimited energy through DoT/HoTs crits? Your'e just going to lower your dps even more keeping those up.

I hope they dont touch tacticians hybrid idea, but rather just fix the terrible numbers on its current state.
    The hybrid idea is almost certainly going to die. Having viable DPS/healing hybrids broke the game last time it happened-- Inquisicar was taken behind the woodshed for a damn good reason.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    The hybrid idea is almost certainly going to die. Having viable DPS/healing hybrids broke the game last time it happened-- Inquisicar was taken behind the woodshed for a damn good reason.
    I certainly hope it won't. Tacts ST heal is already in too deep in the roots, means tacts already lose a huge chunk damage/healing done from per talent point bonus to hybridize with other souls, and because it uses a combo point system, they can always tweak the finishers to balance its dps/hps to make you choose between what role youre going to play mid combat PvE wise.
    PvP wise its terrible on all departments, better be a bard that gives damage specs a run for their money while buffing the team than be a tact that buffs and does useless dps/hps.
    The fate of being a sub soul

Telaran

TACTMAN used to be THE SPEC for any kind of progression with more than one target back during early stages of SL. It was pretty glorious, then they nerfed it and then it just became an offsoul for other builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Edesion View Post
    TACTMAN used to be THE SPEC for any kind of progression with more than one target back during early stages of SL. It was pretty glorious, then they nerfed it and then it just became an offsoul for other builds.
    Tactman broke any encounter where you could damage more than one target at once, because nearly all of its damage was AoE, giving you massive amounts of free cleave, while still doing top-tier single-target DPS.

On top of that, the fact that it had Power Core made Wild Growth that much less useful, since your raid would have 100% uptime just from all of the rogues running Tactman.

Like Inquisicar, Tactman was heavily nerfed for very good reasons. It's one of the builds that Bitnine was referring to when he mentioned "questionable hybrids that maybe shouldn't exist".

Plane Walker

It seems the logical move is to make Tactician into a full AoE heal spec in the warden/lib mode. Physician would be the rogues' go-to single heal spec so we are set there, and we can then replace the limited phys tact spec with a full AoE spec with proper utilities and CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    It seems the logical move is to make Tactician into a full AoE heal spec in the warden/lib mode. Physician would be the rogues' go-to single heal spec so we are set there, and we can then replace the limited phys tact spec with a full AoE spec with proper utilities and CDs.
    If they did that, they'd have to literally change everything. Torrents only heal what's in front of them so you'd either have to change those or make it so they heal everyone (inb4 tactician spinning in circles with the torrent). The other thing is that I like phystact. I want it to have some more AoE healing benefits like some nice cds, but for the most part it's okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast