+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greater Razorbeast Freezing

Soulwalker

Default Greater Razorbeast Freezing

My Greater Razorbeast has been freezing in the middle of battles. This has only began happening recently and happens 80% of the time.

This is the scenario: I'll send in the pet into a multiple mob, say 3, after one creature. He keeps agro great on all of them and I keep DPS down so he doesn't lose it. Suddenly the mob comes after me as if he lost agro, yet my pet is still way off in the distance as I'm being hit, instead of continuing to attack. If I tell him to reestablish his attack, he does nothing. If I kill the entire mob myself, then he comes running back by my side. If while killing the mob myself, I agro another mob or patrol, he continues to just sit there even if I kill the first set of creatures. If I run away, he will still stay in the same spot until I completely lose agro, then he will run after me.

All of his abilities are turned on (glowing), and he's on defensive mode. I've watched very closely and he has no crowd control buffs on him of any kind when this happens.

I see other threads about this going back several months but they are closed. Problem still exists!

Make 2 macros and drop on your hotbar, petattack and petfollow. When your pet freezes click the petfollow, make sure you see it move to follow then click attack. It doesn't have to move much for it to clear the bug, but it does have to move some, ie you can't just insta click attack after follow or it just stays bugged out, or does for me.

Used to you could just drag the attack / follow skills off the pet bar, the recent petbar bug disables those, for me at least, when the pet bugs on attack. Macros are the only consistent way I have found around it.

If you pvp the canary bugs as much as the raptor even though it will look like its attacking - just because the tail feathers are moving doesn't mean its shooting, you have to watch the petbar, when its not bugged out, or occasionally cycle the macros to keep it firing.
    Excise <The Fallen Sons>
    Mrfu <The Fallen Sons>
    Brutalsin <The Fallen Sons>

From what a remember, the Greater Razorbeast could never keep aggro.
    I had to stop using it because it became an inconvenience.
    That might not be the case now though.
    It's been a while since I used it.

So... Now it freezes during combat?

You have to admire it's commitment.
    It's still trying to be a tank pet...
    Awww

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Archeme View Post
    My Greater Razorbeast has been freezing in the middle of battles. This has only began happening recently and happens 80% of the time.

This is the scenario: I'll send in the pet into a multiple mob, say 3, after one creature. He keeps agro great on all of them and I keep DPS down so he doesn't lose it. Suddenly the mob comes after me as if he lost agro, yet my pet is still way off in the distance as I'm being hit, instead of continuing to attack. If I tell him to reestablish his attack, he does nothing. If I kill the entire mob myself, then he comes running back by my side. If while killing the mob myself, I agro another mob or patrol, he continues to just sit there even if I kill the first set of creatures. If I run away, he will still stay in the same spot until I completely lose agro, then he will run after me.

All of his abilities are turned on (glowing), and he's on defensive mode. I've watched very closely and he has no crowd control buffs on him of any kind when this happens.

I see other threads about this going back several months but they are closed. Problem still exists!
    Thanks, I'll give it a try!

The pet has been bugged for a while now:

Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniChaos View Post
    Hey there, thanks for the report! Our dev team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating. Keep an eye on future patch notes for potential updates!
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

+ Reply to Thread