+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best pve specs

Shadowlander

Default Best pve specs

I am recently returned from a two year hiatus and am curious on what the best pve specs are. In storm legion Sab was the best aoe and assassin was the best melee, are these still accurate? also what is now the best range? if anyone can let me know or point me in some up to date guides it would be much appreciated.

Also what should my stat priority be?

Thank you all for the help

Plane Walker

As a rogue, your best AoE is still Saboteur (54 Saboteur/22 Bladedancer/0 Marksman). Your best ST DPS is a hybrid of Assassin and the new paid-for Shadeborn soul that is similar to the soul expansion packs that gave you Tactician and Physician. There are guides on the forums for it. If you don't have the Shadeborn soul, 54 Assassin/22 Bladedancer/0 RS still does respectable DPS and is the 2nd highest for Rogues, competing with only the Shadeborn soul itself (which is rather useless since there aren't many 2-boss fights as the soul functions at the full 61 point mark). For ranged DPS, 61-point Marksman will be your highest, and don't bother with Ranger, since it's really just a leveling soul.

In other regards, however, ranged specs like Maelstrom, the new Primalist class soul, is the top overall DPS for single-target. The Shadeborn/Assassin hybrid places second, while the third highest ST DPS is the Runeshaper soul that belongs to Clerics (also in the new soul-expansion pack).

However, all classes are more-or-less the same. As long as you know how to play your class/soul, along with obtaining the right gear and stat weights, you should be as competitive as anyone else with the current raid-tier (I don't really raid though, I've always done PvP ).
    Last edited by Wonski; 06-27-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    As a rogue, your best AoE is still Saboteur (54 Saboteur/22 Bladedancer/0 Marksman). Your best ST DPS is a hybrid of Assassin and the new paid-for Shadeborn soul that is similar to the soul expansion packs that gave you Tactician and Physician. There are guides on the forums for it. If you don't have the Shadeborn soul, 54 Assassin/22 Bladedancer/0 RS still does respectable DPS and is the 2nd highest for Rogues, competing with only the Shadeborn soul itself (which is rather useless since there aren't many 2-boss fights as the soul functions at the full 61 point mark). For ranged DPS, 61-point Marksman will be your highest, and don't bother with Ranger, since it's really just a leveling soul.

In other regards, however, ranged specs like Maelstrom, the new Primalist class soul, is the top overall DPS for single-target. The Shadeborn/Assassin hybrid places second, while the third highest ST DPS is the Runeshaper soul that belongs to Clerics (also in the new soul-expansion pack).

However, all classes are more-or-less the same. As long as you know how to play your class/soul, along with obtaining the right gear and stat weights, you should be as competitive as anyone else with the current raid-tier (I don't really raid though, I've always done PvP ).
    Seems like all the best classes are payed for which unfortunate since theyre pretty expensive if i remember correctly

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    ranged specs like Maelstrom, the new Primalist class soul, is the top overall DPS for single-target. The Shadeborn/Assassin hybrid places second
    you mention maelstrom here is it possible to mix classes from other character types like clerics and primalists or are you just stating this as good to know knowledge

nvm i understood what you were saying by this
    Last edited by Hrathgar; 06-27-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrathgar View Post
    you mention maelstrom here is it possible to mix classes from other character types like clerics and primalists or are you just stating this as good to know knowledge

nvm i understood what you were saying by this
    BTW there are some variations with the new soulpacks that you may want to know, Ex. 54Sab/10tact/12Bladedancer(http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/p...khh0/x8gQ|XI_w)
    Necrotic Core gives about 30k increase in DPS and 12 Bladedancer gives you an Interrupt now.
    61MM/10Sab/5NB is actually better than the default MM spec if you have better raid gears since 10% Dexterity weighs more than 5% CritChance it gives.
    Personally, I do higher DPS as Ranger because Ranger used to be the Top DPS spec sometime in Storm Legion and MM do have some movement restrictions with the casting of Deadeye Shot. You should definitely find out which spec suits you the best.
    It's all about customization with the experience of the class and it's always nice to share with others
    Last edited by huangchingho; 06-28-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Personally, I do higher DPS as Ranger because Ranger used to be the Top DPS spec sometime in Storm Legion and MM do have some movement restrictions with the casting of Deadeye Shot.
    No, you do higher dps in Ranger because you're playing Marksman incorrectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    No, you do higher dps in Ranger because you're playing Marksman incorrectly.
    You don't need to start with flames, just trying to give opinions. DPS is based on lots of factors, it could be fps/ping etc.
    uh.... I believe you misunderstood my post. I mentioned that it was personal preference that I am more comfortable with instant casting (on more mobile fights). I do parse higher with MM if I were to stand still to cast Deadeye Shot. It's not a concern with whether I am doing it right/wrong or better/worse than someone. As I said, stick with whichever spec you're comfortable with, unless purge is needed, MM is not necessary.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 06-28-2016 at 07:58 AM.

Plane Touched

he was asking for best specs pve and not what you think is best spec for pve.

+ Reply to Thread