+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shadedancer vs Assborn

Plane Walker

Default Shadedancer vs Assborn

I'm pretty comfortable with Shadedancer but just in the process of learning Assborn. It seems like in a raid setting shadedancer is 2-3k higher than assborn, while assborn has the benefit of being a poison spec. But I'm not that comfortable with Assborn so the results may not be accurate. For those rogues who are very good with both specs, what are your differences in dps between the two specs?

I'm actually the opposite. I learned Assborn first as I was told it was the better spec (Shadedancer is higher on a dummy because of Dark Bonds, but the effect from Dark Bonds will be minimal in a raid setting as bosses aren't generally above 90% for long).

Assborn is tough to get started, but it's really not that bad and you can constantly tweak stuff. It's honestly my favorite spec so far. Knowing when to use Bond of Night, Void Touch, Strangulate, etc makes fights way more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

A lot of people will say that 58 sb parses higher in a 10 man setting, and assborn parses higher in a 20 man setting. I parse assborn higher on the dummy now that I have gotten the hang of it. Just some little tricks you have to know here and there.
    Catharsiss@Hailol
    Mustacheridez@Hailol
    Zekkenn@Hailol
    <Ominous>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    It seems like in a raid setting shadedancer is 2-3k higher than assborn, while assborn has the benefit of being a poison spec.
    - If you want max single target dps you'll go 44 SIN / 32 SB (best scaling in raid while bringing utility as well)
    - If you have short fights and someone else brings lethal/squall you'll want 58 SB / 18 BLD, because the burst is just so much higher at the beginning (e.g. Pure Evil in MoM)

In the end Shadedancer is inferior to the SIN-variant, be it 10-man or 20-man.
    The difference in dps is about ~3k at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamiya View Post
    the SIN-variant
    It's called Assborn.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It's called Assborn.
    Thanks for clarifying that, I bet he didnt knew

<Transcendent>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It's called Assborn.
    It's just that I refuse to call it that way; sounds somewhat outrageous.

Something to note. Consuming Depths and Shadow Flurry are both going to receive a nerf soon as per the livestream. I'm not sure where this will put shadedancer and assborn in the dps lineup or how it will effect the gap between them, but those nerfs are confirmed so we'll have to see.

Looks like they only recieved a 5% nerf each. So it shouldn't be that large of a nerf. -Edit-
    Last edited by ChamberDown; 07-14-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

+ Reply to Thread