+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Benjamindavid
  • 1 Post By Harumph

Thread: Question for Rangers: Are you using the Griffin pet?

Default Question for Rangers: Are you using the Griffin pet?

Hey, I just wanted to know how many rangers are using the griffin pet. I wasn't following local chat until the player went offline, but I assume that he was talking to me as I had my griffin pet summoned and he said: "hey, the bird sux". I thought that the griffin has good survivability; I haven't lost my griffin once, and I have died before my griffin. So, I'm just curious as to what other rangers think about the griffin. Do you use it for questing, instant adventures, etc.?
    Last edited by SassyArcher; 06-24-2016 at 03:47 AM.

I don't play Ranger anymore, but the Griffon does less damage. Sure, it has more survivability, but the raptor and boar do pretty well too, especially with the passive healing off finishers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I don't play Ranger anymore, but the Griffon does less damage. Sure, it has more survivability, but the raptor and boar do pretty well too, especially with the passive healing off finishers.
    Thanks for responding! Yeah, I hardly use the boar pet anymore due to the activities that I participate in; I was just wondering between raptor and griffin.

Telaran

I haven't used griffon at all. Blood raptor does much more damage - and while it does get killed occaisionally:
    1. That means it was taking damage that someone else (possibly me) did not take
    2. Hasted call means that I can insta-summon a replacement at least once a minute. So as long as he doesn't die in under 60 seconds - everything is good.

As for using the pig - he is great in the right circumstances. You should *never* use the pig when in a group. It just gets in the way. But he is good for:
    1. Solo'ing content with bosses
    2. PvP greifing - when in a 1 on 1 battle with someone who has a slight edge on you: hasted call, summon greater razorback, diffuse - will give you 10 seconds of invulnerability (while your pig soaks up all the damage). Usually plenty of time to wipe them out.

Cheers,
    Ben
    Last edited by Benjamindavid; 06-24-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Rift Chaser

The raptor gives you a buff that increases your damage. The griffon gives you a buff that reduces the amount of AE damage you take. Most of the time you'll want to use the raptor.

Shadowlander

Tried it out, does not appear to be helpful at all. I don't use it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamindavid View Post
    I haven't used griffon at all. Blood raptor does much more damage - and while it does get killed occaisionally:
    1. That means it was taking damage that someone else (possibly me) did not take
    2. Hasted call means that I can insta-summon a replacement at least once a minute. So as long as he doesn't die in under 60 seconds - everything is good.

As for using the pig - he is great in the right circumstances. You should *never* use the pig when in a group. It just gets in the way. But he is good for:
    1. Solo'ing content with bosses
    2. PvP greifing - when in a 1 on 1 battle with someone who has a slight edge on you: hasted call, summon greater razorback, diffuse - will give you 10 seconds of invulnerability (while your pig soaks up all the damage). Usually plenty of time to wipe them out.

Cheers,
    Ben
    Right, I know that you shouldn't use the boar when you're in a group, and it irritates me when other rangers don't know this. Thank you, everyone, for your comments!
    Last edited by SassyArcher; 06-24-2016 at 09:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread