+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Artewig

Thread: Shadeborn PvP QoL

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default Shadeborn PvP QoL

    Need some of the debuffs to be macroable.

    Its very stressful to play a shadeborn properly in PvP when enemies are always trying to los and disconnect you. You can only reach so far on your hotkeys because wasd keys and screen rotation is priority for melee souls to avoid LOS/disconnects and with the unmacroable debuffs/buffs, a melee soul is a sitting duck when trying to CLICK skills while enemy is running circles around you.

    PvE is fine, PvP is frustrating most of the time especially against people who know how to play.

    Not asking for a shaman 1 button pwnage. At least make 2 debuffs/buff macroable.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,862

    Default

    I honestly have no interest in playing Shadeborn in pvp. It's burst is too low. That being said, Void Touch, Strangulate, Consuming Depths, Bond of Night all have a 40m range. Don't charge in before putting the debuffs up. Overall, I'm fine with the abilities themselves, though I would be extremely happy if Consuming Depths was ogcd.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AyaJN View Post
    You can only reach so far on your hotkeys because wasd keys and screen rotation is priority for melee souls to avoid LOS/disconnects and with the unmacroable debuffs/buffs, a melee soul is a sitting duck when trying to CLICK skills while enemy is running circles around you.
    I mean no offense, but this rather seems like a personal QoL-issue.

    You always want to rotate your screen with a pressed right-mouse-button moving around. Simply don't use the "strafe keys" for screen rotation - it's no wonder that you have issues staying in range of your target with your playstyle.

    Also customize your hotkeys so you can always reach them in range of WASD.
    It makes no sense trying to put skills on number "6-0" or "Shift+P", instead make a layout that fits your needs so you can activate almost everything with your left (right) hand while moving with WASD at the same time and some of them on your extra mouse buttons.

    Having said that macroable DoT's are not needed at all, they would even hamper an optimal damage output.
    If they were macroable they would need to get a cooldown that would hinder you to apply them on the next target in an instant.

    Bottom line is more like if you "click" any skills you're doing it wrong and there aren't any exceptions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I honestly have no interest in playing Shadeborn in pvp. Its burst is too low.
    Actually playing 58/18 nets you the highest burst of all rogue specs in only 3 gcd's at the moment using a double Flurry via Nexus including a BitN-proc during a Blade Tempo + Shadow Twin.
    However, the two main problems of a rogue-melee-spec in PvP remain:

    - It's melee
    - Any average MM will bring better results for being ranged, having utility and constant small bursts in form of Deadeye/Rapid/Empowered-crits, not to mention Sentry. While additionally MM got his "big burst" ready every minute, a Shadeborn (while having the superior burst) can only burst to its maximum every 3 minutes so in the end not viable, but the burst is real.
    Last edited by Thamiya; 06-11-2016 at 03:00 PM.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thamiya View Post
    I mean no offense, but this rather seems like a personal QoL-issue.

    You always want to rotate your screen with a pressed right-mouse-button moving around. Simply don't use the "strafe keys" for screen rotation - it's no wonder that you have issues staying in range of your target with your playstyle.

    Also customize your hotkeys so you can always reach them in range of WASD.
    It makes no sense trying to put skills on number "6-0" or "Shift+P", instead make a layout that fits your needs so you can activate almost everything with your left (right) hand while moving with WASD at the same time and some of them on your extra mouse buttons.

    Having said that macroable DoT's are not needed at all, they would even hamper an optimal damage output.
    If they were macroable they would need to get a cooldown that would hinder you to apply them on the next target in an instant.

    Bottom line is more like if you "click" any skills you're doing it wrong and there aren't any exceptions.



    Trust me I know how to PvP, when i said wasd keys and screen rotation i meant left hand on wasd keys and right hand on screen rotation, meaning you don't have means to click unmacroable skills because you can't hover over your skills to click in the heat of chasing and rotating screen.

    Edit: I always have interrupt on hotkey because PvP, so that's one less hotkey for unmacroable skills. Maybe It's just me, kind of OCD when it comes to playing a class to its full potential, as much as possible i like class mechanics to be on targets/switching targets 100% of the time. If this soul doesn't really need a QoL change then i guess I'll just have to rewire my reflexes on a new layout just specifically for this soul, or just plain pick my targets one by one instead of fighting left and right.

    DoT can be macroable without cooldown. Frozen wrath.
    Last edited by AyaJN; 06-11-2016 at 04:32 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple sicklemehellmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    though I would be extremely happy if Consuming Depths was ogcd.
    This...a thousand times this.
    "I love it!" - Frank Drebin

  6. #6
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sicklemehellmo View Post
    This...a thousand times this.
    You have no idea how badly I want it....
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AyaJN View Post
    when i said wasd keys and screen rotation i meant left hand on wasd keys and right hand on screen rotation, meaning you don't have means to click unmacroable skills because you can't hover over your skills to click in the heat of chasing and rotating screen.
    It should not be a hindrance to push another button at the same time while moving around using WASD. This still seems like a non-customized keybind problem and not an issue of non-macroable skills in general. When it works for you using an interrupt-skill it works for everything else as well as long as everything is in reach.

    Quote Originally Posted by AyaJN View Post
    If this soul doesn't really need a QoL change then i guess I'll just have to rewire my reflexes on a new layout just specifically for this soul.
    That is correct. You'll also get better results in all other specs you play when building this new layout not having to click anything anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by AyaJN View Post
    DoT can be macroable without cooldown. Frozen wrath.
    While mechanics like Frozen Wrath or Marrow Harvest are nice to have on other classes, the rather complex rotation of Shadeborn gameplay is appealing just because it isn't one of those 3-button specs.
    Also then, for example, it wouldn't be possible to min/max dps when you just have to refresh Strangulate before a burst block so that it doesn't waste a Debilitating Dart proc.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    There are quite a lot of easily accessible buttons near WASD movement buttons for abilities.
    For me the first tier is these buttons which I use for the most common abilities: 1, 2, 3, 4, Q, E, R, F

    The abilities with a bit longer cooldowns I put to 5, T, C, V

    Those are usually enough to play any rogue spec, when I need more buttons for abilities that are not part of rotation but instead used depending on situation I have them on X, B, , Z, 6, F1, F2, F3

    Then there's the mouse buttons and shift/alt/ctrl toggles and often I can macro something that is rarely used. There's never a need to click abilities with mouse during combat.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    465

    Default

    I tried playing Shadeborn in PvP many times, but it just isn't worth it because of target switching. Applying Innumerable Shadows + Void Touch + Strangulate + Dark Bonds is too much of a waste of time for a set-up in PvP.

    I do think it would be fine if Innumerable Shadows was placed on the same CD as Dark Bonds (4s CD instead of 1s) so you could cast the two in a macro when target-switching. Also, builder damage just isn't as strong as finisher damage, so while you do have somewhat good burst, along with your random-as-heck Consuming Depth procs, you generally won't have the ability to out-dps your opponent.

    However, I do think Shadeborn is quite good for getting KBs. I consistently got 20+ KBs with Shadeborn simply because of Consuming Depth procs or from finisher damage at the right time.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts