+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone have a good utility purpose for the bard ability Motif of Encouragement

Telaran

Default Does anyone have a good utility purpose for the bard ability Motif of Encouragement

I'm really curious about this. Does anyone have a use for Motif of Encouragement.. to me it seems a bit dumb and just an "easter egg" to have passive animals following me around. And I don't understand why Trion has it at all on the Bard soul instead of giving us something that would have far more utility in game... like the old Verse of Fascination that Trion took off the Bard soul some years back. How about replacing Motif of Encouragement with Verse of Fascination or some other mass crowd control ability that would give some balance to the Bard soul in that area, compared to other rogue classes or other souls.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Clutter View Post
    I'm really curious about this. Does anyone have a use for Motif of Encouragement.. to me it seems a bit dumb and just an "easter egg" to have passive animals following me around. And I don't understand why Trion has it at all on the Bard soul instead of giving us something that would have far more utility in game... like the old Verse of Fascination that Trion took off the Bard soul some years back. How about replacing Motif of Encouragement with Verse of Fascination or some other mass crowd control ability that would give some balance to the Bard soul in that area, compared to other rogue classes or other souls.
    But...how else will I get little woodland creatures to follow me around? I think it's an integral part of the SOUL that is: Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutter View Post
    And I don't understand why Trion has it at all on the Bard soul instead of giving us something that would have far more utility in game... like the old Verse of Fascination that Trion took off the Bard soul some years back.
    Because it's not an either/or-- it's not like Verse of Fascination was removed instead of Motif of Encouragement. MoE isn't taking up some kind of "power budget" that each soul is allocated. It's a joke ability, and as such, isn't accounted for when designing or tuning the soul.

They wouldn't need to remove Motif of Encouragement to give Bard a new ability, and (if they wanted to) they could remove Motif of Encouragement without replacing it with something else.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-14-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Motif of Encouragement and Coda of Distress are both gotten at 36 points in bard, so it's not like it's taking up an extra slot that could be used for a support skill, it's just for fun.

Champion

It should be usable on "squirreled" mobs. You could envision some limited use for it then.

Plane Walker

I wish Motif of Encouragement was like a small shield instead. The other three are stat-boosts and health-boosts, so a shielding one would be nice too, in order to make it the "healing" support as opposed to damage supports like Oracle (and I think other support classes do higher damage than Bard anyway).
    Wonskee@Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread