+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 54SB / 22NB Alternative

Default 54SB / 22NB Alternative

The spec

Use this as a normal 58 or 61 Shadeborn Spec:

Reapingīs Shadeborn Guide

Pros against BD Version:

+ 2nd Weapon Enchantment (around 2,5% of DPS per Weapon Enchantment total of 5%)
    + 30% more damage for Shadow Flurry (20% HeatRetention, 10% Coup De Grace)
    + 5% insted of 4% Procc
    + 12% insted of 10% Passive damage gain

Cons against BD Version:

- no Dex/Crit gain
    - no Cooldown
    - no additional Kick/Charge

my Stats:

AP 10500
    Cr 6135
    CP 2700

SB 54 / NB22 parse (without any Weapon Enchantment):

SB 58 / BD 18 parse (without any Weapon Enchantment):

71K (crit version) / 70k (Dex Version)

what do you think about the Build

Klick me

i used to use 51sb/25nb when it came out on Fauxmire, id say it can work out, but in some occasions, having 2 cds that again line up with raid cds can give u a really high burst, with nb off soul, its more like a steady dps rather high burst and downs.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

I donīt have that much Raid experiance, so I have to figure out the DPS in Raids.

at least you need 54 points in SB for 20% SB damage gain.

Klick me

Rift Master

Funnily enough i have recently just made this spec after the changes and proper flagging of shadow flurry.. It parses really well on the dummy just havent had a chance to try in raids yet.

Just think the last of burst from cds will make it trail behind.. But its constant good dps spec
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Quote Originally Posted by Nephenee View Post
    I donīt have that much Raid experiance, so I have to figure out the DPS in Raids.

at least you need 54 points in SB for 20% SB damage gain.
    u get a new weapon enchant with twice as much dps as the poison one, and another 10% dmg on finishers, and it did parse well in dummy, i tried many times, that why i ignored the 20% sb gain, it says 20% but i just dont feel its actually 20% when parsing.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Soulwalker

Since the 44 SIN / 32 SB parses highest at the moment there is no need for another hybrid besides 58 SB / 18 BLD.

While it's true that you will get bigger numbers on the dummy due to Shadow Flurry and other skills being correctly flagged now you still need to subtract Dark Bonds from parses (while adding Shadow of Demise <35%) which results in roughly 5k dps minus in end-gear on a 100% dummy parse.

With 54 SB / 22 NB you don't have lethal poison either so there is no real niche where this spec can get useful at all.

- If you know you have 2 targets most of the time you will play 61 SB for sure (e.g. second boss RoF, pretty much the only fight where it makes sense right now)
    - If you want max single target dps you'll go 44 SIN / 32 SB (best scaling in raid while bringing utility as well)
    - If you have short fights and someone else brings lethal/squall you'll want 58 SB / 18 BLD, because the burst is just so much higher at the beginning (e.g. Pure Evil in MoM)

Also not having any cooldown to boost your individual dps won't do you any good regarding raid cooldown-syncing, because that's just the time the other specs will amplify their own burst in a way a steady and constant damage output could never do.
    Last edited by Thamiya; 05-06-2016 at 05:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread