+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger levelling? 60-65

Soulwalker

Default Ranger levelling? 60-65

Is Ranger even viable levelling past 59? I am having trouble in the latest expansion content. Of course, I am returning after a couple of years, so I may not have a clue what is going on.

Well, probably, if you pull slowly. Do you have any self-heals in your spec? Are you using Vampiric Essence?
    Muspel's solo bladedancer guide is a good solo spec. You can also try XX whatever (e.g. Nightblade) + 4 tactician + 8 riftstalker for some hp and self heals

Soulwalker

I used ranger from 60-61 then switched to using blade dancer or riftstalker. I also switched to riftstalker for any tough fight. 60-62 is a bit tough. Be sure to upgrade to crafted weapons from the savant tier. Basically though there is a huge bump up in mob health and you take a bit of a mitigation hit as well till you upgrade your gear which takes till 62-63. Also carry lots of food and drink as most fights will leave you at 3/4 health and takes several minutes to recharge. After 63 I made a spec based on 61 riftstalker and at least 12 assasin for the poisons this would put out enough dps to kill mobs while leaving me with plenty of health. I also added baneful blade from planar attunement for bonus damage. It will put out enough dps to get you through the fights quickly enough once you hit 63. Ranger will work though for most mobs 1v1 but there are fights in the quests that are not 1v1 which piggy has trouble staying alive and once he is down I am soon to follow. So I recommend using blade dancer for most fights and riftstalker for the multimobs and get the crafted armour and weapons. You should be putting out at least 8k dps if you want anything to die before you lose too much of your health. I had to spend several hours after 60 tweaking my souls till I found combos that got me the dps I needed with survivability. Otherwise I highly recommend you bring a friend.

I always use a ranger/mm mix for open world: gathering, rifts, quests and carnage. Ran a few from 60 > 65. Works just fine for me.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

You have self heals from the raptor pet.. A lot of people actually use the boar because they are afraid the mobs will agro on them too often, but the raptor pet does more damage and provides heals to you.. You might want to create a spec that has some RS in it which will also help you live a little longer. If you have access to Tactician, you can put in 4/5 points into that as well giving you more healing.

Nothing wrong with creating your own spec for survival and also able to kill quick enough.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

At the risk of being obvious. gear is much better at 58 and higher. Check the AH and see if there are any major upgrades you can afford. I just spent 15 platinum or less with a new level 58 tactician and tripled my weapon dps and armour.

+ Reply to Thread